How to Stop Fakhar Zaman's top edges?

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I would bring in Shami for Jadeja and keep Ashwin.   Have Jadeja sub-field for Ash after the 38th over or so, once Ash bowls his 10.  

Jadeja is a better bowler, fielder and batsman in shorter formats than Ashwin. Pak really struggle to get him away and his wkt to wkt lines give us nice control. He can't be dropped, especially for Ashwin who hasn't done much.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Jadeja is a better bowler, fielder and batsman in shorter formats than Ashwin. Pak really struggle to get him away and his wkt to wkt lines give us nice control. He can't be dropped, especially for Ashwin who hasn't done much.

Are you claiming that Ashwin can't provide the same control?  Have you watched Jadeja bowl this CT?  I think Jadeja is almost an automatic pick for this ODI team.  But based on his performances in these conditions, and given that we do have Yuvi as a backup option for left-arm spin, its worth punting on Ashwin.  

As SL showed earlier, and BD showed today - we have a real hole in our middle over bowling.  Its a 20 over problem, whoever the 3rd seamer is, Shami or Yadav, I'm not worried about him - but I am worried about Pandya's overs and the spinners' overs - I'd rather take a slight risk and attack with Ashwin, rather than stick to defense with Jadeja.    

Just now, sandeep said:

Are you claiming that Ashwin can't provide the same control?  Have you watched Jadeja bowl this CT?  I think Jadeja is almost an automatic pick for this ODI team.  But based on his performances in these conditions, and given that we do have Yuvi as a backup option for left-arm spin, its worth punting on Ashwin.  

As SL showed earlier, and BD showed today - we have a real hole in our middle over bowling.  Its a 20 over problem, whoever the 3rd seamer is, Shami or Yadav, I'm not worried about him - but I am worried about Pandya's overs and the spinners' overs - I'd rather take a slight risk and attack with Ashwin, rather than stick to defense with Jadeja.    

he can't and Jadeja as a bowler gives Pakistan more trouble than Ashwin. Pak somehow play off spinners easily. Plus Jaddu is a gun fielder and a better hitter in shorter formats. And Pandya will do just fine against Pakistan. He took 3 wkts against them in Asia Cup and 2 wkts in the opening match. As long as we replace Ashwin with Shami/Umesh we will be fine. Jadhav can alo provide some off spin if required so Ashwin's omission won't be felt.