Robin Singh expresses surprise over his name cropping up

King

Robin Singh expresses surprise over his name cropping up CHENNAI, FEB 8 (PTI) Former Indian cricketer Robin Singh tonight expressed surprise over his name being reportedly mentioned in the conversation between West Indian all rounder Marlon Samuels and bookie Mukesh Kochar, which has raised suspicion of match-fixing. "This is the first time I am hearing all this", Singh told NDTV adding "I've just come back from government assignment from Cuba". Asked if he has anything to say on his name reportedly mentioned in the conversation, he said "absolutely nothing. I don't know what you are talking about". Singh's remarks came against the backdrop of Nagpur police claiming to have tapped conversation between Samuels and Kochar when the cricketer gave out information on team composition ahead of India-West Indies one-dayer on January 21. Meanwhile, Kochar said he was not a bookie but acknowledged that he knew both Kamal Kishore Chadda, who is believed to have done land deals on behalf of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and Samuels. Kochar said he knew Chadda because he had been his neighbour during his long stay in Dubai. Kochar admitted that the voice in the tape of the conversation with Samuels was his but said they did not talk about Robin Singh. He said if the Indian government called him, he would return from UAE to India. Kochar said he did not know anyone in the West Indian team other than Samuels who "is like a son to me". "I've called him at times. But we did not discuss match. I spoke to him at a personal level, to encourage him. I'm not a bookie but a businessman", he said.