Is this the kick we needed?

Yes! As I mentioned on one of the threads, looking back, the squad reminded me of Pak 2003 WC squad that was picked more on reputation of its players and struggled. Considering that I think we could have overachieved by reaching the final. As one of the posters observed that SF was probably the most appropriate but Ind were helped by BD 

3 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

That was a kick out of the tournament that really really hurt! And the ignominy of watching Ireland vs Bangladesh was the worst!

This one is not that painful.

Wait for next 2 yrs...continues taunting.. This will be worse than 2007 but at the end of the day they played better cricket.

We have no other captaincy options anyway. Dhoni is going soon. Rohit is too inconsistent and not even a permanent fixture in the side. Dhawan hardly performs in bilaterals so we use him for Tournaments only. Our spinners(Ashwin and Jadejas future looks bleak), who else is a long term option? Many youngsters are going to be introduced into the side, so the one with the most experience and desire to win is Kohli. He sould learn from his mistakes and improve.

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Dhoni and Yuvraj - kohli will take care of them... they will stay back until 2019

kohli's captaincy - no other potential captain in odi or test... Ashwin isn't good enough mentally to lead

Rohit will continue to thrash teams on flat tracks

so no changes...

THIS 

Very well said you can cry all you want but those 3 things won't change till 2019 

kohli was having a laugh after match with yuvi 

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Wait for next 2 yrs...continues taunting.. This will be worse than 2007 but at the end of the day they played better cricket.

No doubt about the fact that Pakistan were the better side. 

Every game is a new one and I believe Team India has a better team than Pakistan

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

In 2006-2007 our team was similarly invincible in ODI cricket and then the World Cup disaster happened.

This is a significant kick on our backside and hope some guts are shown.

Was it though? I mean we couldn't even reach the semis of the CT that was played in 2006 at home and were spanked 4 nil in the ODIs in SA. As for the kick on the backside, don't think so. None of the fat cats are gonna be dropped. We have to wait until 2019 WC for the great ODI purge.

5 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Who is this new captain you are all talking about

Gautam Gambhir is the only man other than Dhoni and Kohli who has the stature to captain the national team and he isn't a good batsman anymore

please don't tell me it is Rohit Sharma... his place is itself not sure

If no else give it back to Dhoni , he's still better than Kohli as a leader 

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Obviously leaving out todays result we are still ahead but we have become bunch of chokers in recent years

2014 final

2015 sf

2016 sf

2017 final 

Which is a concern. But, you can't really do much when the opposition is playing good cricket. 

The 2014 defeat was probably the tougher one to digest. Yuvi bottled it.