Sign in to follow this  
SK_IH

Kohli lacks that crucial luck factor in captaincy

I dont know you will agree to this or not but luck plays big role in captaincy,sometimes you want to things to fall in place and you need bit of good luck/fortune for that.sometimes i get a feeling he is just not destined to as luck mostly deserts him,i have seen it many times with him even in ipl etc for example you see yesterday both captains wanted to bowl first ,so it was a great toss to lose ,you know hat happened

If you see someone like rohit sharma he has that thing,i am not saying make him captain but in cricket its sometimes about the intangibles and virat has that crucial thing missing

Kohli is too stubborn . You have Shami & Umesh in the squad & you are selecting Ashwin &  Jadeja, you don't need luck.

He didn't change the batting order.He could  have promoted Jadhav over Yuvraj & Dhoni , but he didn't tinker the batting order.

Now we know inspite of having ABDV, Gayle, why he is not able to win the IPL

Losers talk about luck.

Yes, no doubt, luck plays a big factor in cricket. But when you lose by 180 runs, it is more than just poor luck. He won the toss after all.

Also, luck can play a factor in a few games, but generally speaking, luck neutralizes over the long term. Might go for you in some and might go against you in some.

For all the talk about aggressive captaincy, Kohli's captaincy in ODIs has been found wanting. Strangely he is a completely opposite Test captain, who keeps trying to make things happen. He's never played with the same team in consecutive Tests and even when we win, he is looking to change something that did not work. 

In ODIs on the other hand, he has been shown to be a stubborn mule just like his predecessor. Keeps playing old hacks that no longer contribute. Encourages team to play old fashioned cricket that is no longer relevant in this day and age. Keeps retaining same team over and over again despite major flaws. His IPL captaincy failures are not a coincidence. He is a bad LOI captain. Hope he improves and takes some traits of his Test captaincy and brings them to the LOI side as well.

I wanted to post this thread but later felt that everyone will accuse me backward thinking... But seriously, kohli has some badluck in leadership positions... We have way too many wolves without a solid alpha in the pack... Someone like ganguly, imran at least mccullum

Borrowing the words of one of the rockstars I idolized in 90s, I must say Virat is both stupid and contagious. Cobain extinguished before his time, Hopefully Virat has something different in store for us.

9 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

the fact he has scored so many runs and playing for India is lucky enough. Not many get a chance so early as he did. Just look at Pant and others...

Kohli should think what if he was not blooded in early at 20.. now he's stopping guys like Pant and Iyer to come in. Hypocrite. He wants his old buddy Yuvraj in the team. Once a legend, he's unfortunately no more the same player.

Not the best of captaincy in this tournament from Kohli but surely a better captain than Dhoni of the recent history at this time for team India who quit because we used to suck under him for a while. No one else got the captiancy because no one was deemed good enough to keep their place in the team like Kohli who hardly gets injured and is available for every game. 

We have lost shambolically in the past too like losing to Pak and getting knocked out in 2008,CT and performing poorly in 2010 CT and not to forget all the t20 world cup tournaments post 2007. Yes all t20 tournaments, there are plenty of them where we did not even made to the finals.

That said, captaincy is overrated even though important. If Kohli had won the CT, I won't even give him that much credit as it is still the players who win you or lose you the game by playing as a team.

Luck comes with time. This is Kohli's first ICC tournament as captain and its still to early to rate him.

He is still our best captain we can have.

I agree with this luck factor... That dada or Kohli lacks, and Dhoni had in plenty.

In CT 2000, India, after great performance throughout the tournament, shouldn't have lost to the kiwis, or an injured Chris Cairns to b more precise. That was just poor luck of dada that denied him the victory.

Same seen with Kohli this year.

Whereas Dhoni in CT 2013, didn't deserve to win the final. When England was on the verge of a victory, Ishant, the worst bowler of the final, took two wkts in an over from nowhere. It was supposed to b a blunder to bring back Ishant, instead of Bhuvi, to bowl the crucial over, but golden luck of Dhoni turned the blunder move into a match winning one. 

In world cup 2011 final, dropping Ashwin to bring back Sreesanth was another blunder, but didn't matter much as India won.

On 2017-6-19 at 10:03 AM, veer said:

Kuch bhi... Selecting Ashwin n making him bowl full quota n den giving kadar n over in 39th doesn't need luck... He got lucky in Bangla game though

On 2017-6-19 at 10:09 AM, tweaker said:

Kohli is too stubborn . You have Shami & Umesh in the squad & you are selecting Ashwin &  Jadeja, you don't need luck.

He didn't change the batting order.He could  have promoted Jadhav over Yuvraj & Dhoni , but he didn't tinker the batting order.

Now we know inspite of having ABDV, Gayle, why he is not able to win the IPL

On 2017-6-19 at 11:08 AM, BeautifulGame said:

Fools believe in luck

There u guys see, mistakes of Kohli are highlighted more because team lost, but similar or even greater mistakes of dhoni were always ignored because he won. Otherwise Joginder, Sreesanth, Ishant were supposed to be bigger mistakes, bigger blunders...

On 2017-6-19 at 6:25 PM, Praggy said:

You make your own luck 

But Joginder and Ishant made Dhoni's luck in world T20 2007 and CT 2013, respectively.

Edited by DDfan2017

On 6/20/2017 at 0:12 AM, Cricketics said:

Not the best of captaincy in this tournament from Kohli but surely a better captain than Dhoni of the recent history at this time for team India who quit because we used to suck under him for a while. No one else got the captiancy because no one was deemed good enough to keep their place in the team like Kohli who hardly gets injured and is available for every game. 

We have lost shambolically in the past too like losing to Pak and getting knocked out in 2008,CT and performing poorly in 2010 CT and not to forget all the t20 world cup tournaments post 2007. Yes all t20 tournaments, there are plenty of them where we did not even made to the finals.

That said, captaincy is overrated even though important. If Kohli had won the CT, I won't even give him that much credit as it is still the players who win you or lose you the game by playing as a team.

Luck comes with time. This is Kohli's first ICC tournament as captain and its still to early to rate him.

He is still our best captain we can have.

:giggle::hatsoff: You will give tough competition to those twitter fangirls. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.