How do Indian's rank this defeat?

Ok, now that the dust has settled. Lets discuss.

It is horrible seeing your team beaten in such a manner. Yea I celebrated the victory, but I also feel bad for the Indian lads..I am a massive fan of Kohli, Pandya & Bhuvi. I am not one to put down a team that is already down. Pak fans know about the pain of being beaten by your arch rival.

So where does this defeat rank amongst other defeats? I am hearing it is the worst ever? How is the media back home reacting?

For me, they didnt even play their best 11. Shami and Umesh would have changed the whole complexion of the game. The loss is definitely big and disappointing. For the fact that the indian mindset of going with defensive approach has not ended. It means that the future is not rosy!

we didnt play the right side and our players were not good enough on the day and i tell you those defeats are more painful ,where you go the whole way get a chance of a win n then lose,for example that 2007 wt20 defeat would have taken me ages to recover lol

in terms of number it surely will be biggest loss i think

This defeat was so painful for me personally that I have lost interest in the game. I don't think I can gather the courage to watch a cricket match for a long long time. We have some big test series' overseas in the next 2 years but I am done with cricket. Soul sucking day yesterday. 

Just now, CG said:

@gollum how it civil services exam went?

Not good man, might clear CS cutoff(border line) but definitely not clearing IFoS cutoff. Since I am interested in IFoS and not IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS, will have to try again next year. What about you, did you also give prelims?

Sad, because we lost.

Hopefull because this may bring about some change as we all knew that there is at least 8-9 players who are better then the ones who represented us as now Kohli and Co cant hide behind "Oh we made it to finals, You cant win every trophy, what more fans wants"

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not good man, might clear CS cutoff(border line) but definitely not clearing IFoS cutoff. Since I am interested in IFoS and not IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS, will have to try again next year. What about you, did you also give prelims?

Hmm best of luck. With cutoff's.My brother has given this year .

In terms of feeling bad not so much. 2003 final and that 1996 semi is right at top. T20 losses in last two events was irritating having come so near. 

CT is a very slam bang affair and we had no chance and totally outplayed on the day. Losing to Pakistan is probably the only thing that makes it big but this will happen - our ICC record vs. them is insane and you will lose sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Most hurtful since WC '07. I don't know how much time it will take to get over this.

For me even worse than WC 07 because of the opponents. Moreover even had we qualified for super 8s there, don't think we had it in us to beat that Aussie juggernaut. Here the trophy was for the taking but Kohli gave it to them on a platter. MSD the ODI captain>>>>>Kohli. 

43 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Most hurtful since WC '07. I don't know how much time it will take to get over this.

Yaar! My saturday team has few Pakistanis, Before the semis, I said them, Bangla game will be walk in Park and when we reach finals, then not just two white balls,  ICC should let you guys bat two innings just to make it interesting. I mean I was totally behaving like n00b til yesterdays end of first 30th over. :doh:

Paying the price on whatsapp. Will have to see them in person on saturday.

Edited by mishra
36 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

In terms of feeling bad not so much. 2003 final and that 1996 semi is right at top. T20 losses in last two events was irritating having come so near. 

CT is a very slam bang affair and we had no chance and totally outplayed on the day. Losing to Pakistan is probably the only thing that makes it big but this will happen - our ICC record vs. them is insane and you will lose sometimes. 

I also feel the same way. Nothing comes close to Semi Final 1996 and WC 2003

This defeat was so painful for me personally that I have lost interest in the game. I don't think I can gather the courage to watch a cricket match for a long long time. We have some big test series' overseas in the next 2 years but I am done with cricket. Soul sucking day yesterday. 

I have felt 2 times like that but everytime something happens which brought me back.

First it was world cup 03 and I still watched but had no interest at all until dhoni came and 2nd time after the horror exit of Wc 2007 and then we won test series in eng and world t20.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

I also feel the same way. Nothing comes close to Semi Final 1996 and WC 2003

Absolutely nothing comes close to 2003. 96 was just my 2nd match so can't say much.

I would say the last 2 t20 wc are much more heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

Doesn't rank up there at all tbh. I guess it's also because there are so many ICC tournaments now and India reaches the knockout stage most of the times. That's the least you can expect from them. We've got the better of Pakistan in ICC tournaments so often that it got boring, so it wasn't the worst result in the world. I can live with it. I'm sure fans of every other country must be happy with the result. :p: