Anil Kumble steps down as coach

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kumble has played under 4 different captains all having a different personality than the one before Azhar,Sachin,Ganguly,Dravid

not only he ever had a problem with them but every single on including Azhar has had only great things to say about him.

Hell even someone like Greg Chappell had no bad thing to say about him saying everyone should have a work ethic like him.

So clearly issue is not with Kumble here.

With the selections and other crap I am slowly becoming disheartened with Virat.

He is still 2nd only to Sachin for me(Rohit being an exception :p:) as someone who has given me belief but slowly I am coming to terms that he may not be the guy to lead us to the promised land as we once believed  

But how sure are you on this that Kohli cost the tournament because of his selections. May be Kumble is a good guy but notgood enough for Indian cricket at this time as his views are like Dravid and bit defensive

We don't know anything honestly like who's making all the decisions and hence it could be that is why Kumble resigned that his views and Kohli's views don't match and that India lost now a big game so he should step down.

Like I have said, captain should get a coach who can agree to him more often than not as he is the captain and eventually he has to run the team on the field.  If this happens, we will know how poor or good Kohli is as captain with gis selecions, toss calls etc. We will have a more clear picture then. Everything will be found out and if Kohli is unsuccessful then, he shoudl give up the captain and similarly success should give him respect. 

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

But how sure are you on this that Kohli cost the tournament because of his selections. May be Kumble is a good guy but notgood enough for Indian cricket at this time as his views are like Dravid and bit defensive

We don't know anything honestly like who's making all the decisions and hence it could be that is why Kumble resigned that his views and Kohli's views don't match and that India lost now a big game so he should step down.

Like I have said, captain should get a coach who can agree to him more often than not as he is the captain and eventually he has to run the team on the field.  If this happens, we will know how poor or good Kohli is as captain with gis selecions, toss calls etc. We will have a more clear picture then. Everything will be found out and if Kohli is unsuccessful then, he shoudl give up the captain and similarly success should give him respect. 

What do you mean "maybe"... Kumble has been a team player in 20 year career where he only got respect and admiration from management and team mates...so obviously he has more credibility at this point.

Stop being bias....you said many times since the loss that Ashwin has to be thrown out or even Jadeja but never heard you say one thing about Yuvi...tell me is Yuvi selection justified???

Edited by maniac
8 minutes ago, veer said:

What a logic you have there.. jeez..

Ofcourse you won't mind... Kohli is from Delhi afterall.. I wasnt believing when others used to say you are bias towards Delhi players.. but you clearly are..

What bias man, I have clearly said that he should leave if his decisions don't show success but if they are then he should continue.

Can you tell me what proof you have that It was Kohli's fault that Kumble left?

Kumble has. Een a legend fornus but not all legends make up great captain or coach and thisnis whst has been suspected of Dravid also after his selections in the IPL, so this could be similar

to what is going on in Indian camp too for Kumble. Can't that be true?

11 minutes ago, kosingh said:

How on earth does anyone find Kumble "intimidating"

He comes across as a strong, stubborn, tough, uncompromising, but quiet guy.  His biggest problem may be that he can't see why others can't have his unrelenting work ethic.  "Hey, if I could play with a broken jaw, you can practice with a bruised thigh.  So, don't give me any excuses."  And that can be intimidating for a carefree, talented 25 year old.

Sorry for getting personal here, but his demeanor reminds me of my late dad.  He was very kind and generous, but boy was he tough and stubborn with uncompromising principles.  And basically everyone who worked for him was intimidated by that.  

Edited by Brainfade
3 minutes ago, maniac said:

What do you mean "maybe"... Kumble has been a team player in 20 year career where he only got respect and admiration from management and team mates...so obviously he has more credibility at this point.

Stop being bias....you said many times since the loss that Ashwin has to be thrown out or even Jadeja but never heard you say one thing about Yuvi...tell me is Yuvi selection justified???

Never justified, read the Manish Pandey thread, I was the sole person to ask Manish Pandey to olay abead of Yuvi before the start of the tournament. It was just bad luck that Manish got injured. This is when i was criticized that Yuvi has done well in recent india vs eng series

Just now, kosingh said:

Bhai, if Kohli can get along so well with the Pakistanis, he can surely get along with a gentle polite Indian like Anil Kumble

Don't thing is about getting along, i think anyone can get along. I think this is about decision making for team India and selections where both Kumble and Kohli might have a lot of difference.

13 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Mate are you okay ? Kohli is not that bloody important that you are willing to put everything in his accordance and approval and stake the sport on the line ?  Indian team is bigger than Kohli.  As a captain you have to work the support/coaching staff .  When you work in a company / hospital / customer service / as an athlete -  You do not have the luxury to choose your management and surround yourself with yes-sayers !    Kohli's ego is getting too huge - Dravid/Tendulkar/Ganguly all backed Kumble , he was never known to be an issue as a player or as an analyst and his cricketing experience is way better than Kohli and Kohli does come across as a guy who wouldn't listen to someone against his own views.  

No player is bigger than coach but the rule is that captain should be always given allowance for certain decisions otherwise he is a puppet captain. This is where Ganguly jelled well with John Wright and Dhoni with Kirsten as they both could make decisons by themselves at times and had full support of the coach.

May be this is why Kumble left.

Just now, Cricketics said:

No player is bigger than coach but the rule is that captain should be always given allowance for certain decisions otherwise he is a puppet captain. This is where Ganguly jelled well with John Wright and Dhoni with Kirsten as they both could make decisons by themselves at times and had full support of the coach.

May be this is why Kumble left.

Do'nt pick examples of extreme ends of the spectrum , a 50-50 or a 60-40 balance either way is Ideal because at the end of the day both the coach and the captain is answerable.   Alex ferguson is a strong personality and he had superstars playing for him.  Kumble is not an overpowering or media hungry coach , he does have an amazing cricketing brain and immense experience.  His record has been tremendous and now he's gone just due to his personal rapport with Kohli.  

Kohli's getting way bigger than the dressing room and this isn't good for Indian cricket.  

Just now, bleaf27 said:

Do'nt pick examples of extreme ends of the spectrum , a 50-50 or a 60-40 balance either way is Ideal because at the end of the day both the coach and the captain is answerable.   Alex ferguson is a strong personality and he had superstars playing for him.  Kumble is not an overpowering or media hungry coach , he does have an amazing cricketing brain and immense experience.  His record has been tremendous and now he's gone just due to his personal rapport with Kohli.  

Kohli's getting way bigger than the dressing room and this isn't good for Indian cricket.  

Arey bhai Amazin brain and media hungry no one has said, unless you read it then quote me there.

Kumble is a legend and chanpion and knows the game well. Just that there could be a thing that some of his selections are not what are right for India? I mean how do we know which were kumble's selections and which were Kohli? I am not even blaming Kumble, just that this sudden love and hatred for either is what needs to stop as we as fans don't have any idea about which player supported whose selection and who influenced in the toss call etc.

3 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

According to most reports its not just Kohli

10 members of the CT squad were against Kumble as coach and only one player supported the idea.

So it's not just Kohli vs Kumble .If Kumble has lost the dressing room he has no point continuing .

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

10 members of the CT squad were against Kumble as coach and only one player supported the idea.

So it's not just Kohli vs Kumble .If Kumble has lost the dressing room he has no point continuing .

@maniac @veer read this. Again this could also not be true in the end but the point is we can't blame a plauer for coach leaving when we do not know facts. I don't know the facts either, but neither does anyone else on site other than @Malcolm Merlyn who is sole secret bcci source on site

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Arey bhai Amazin brain and media hungry no one has said, unless you read it then quote me there.

Kumble is a legend and chanpion and knows the game well. Just that there could be a thing that some of his selections are not what are right for India? I mean how do we know which were kumble's selections and which were Kohli? I am not even blaming Kumble, just that this sudden love and hatred for either is what needs to stop as we as fans don't have any idea about which player supported whose selection and who influenced in the toss call etc.

Bud the thing is , Kohli as a person does not come across as someone who's easy to get along.  He does have a tad inflated ego - and my background is from Delhi as well and I can tell how he wouldn't like to be told otherwise.

Now , if Captain has such a clout and we all know a captain does , there is no way logically that the playing 11 would have a bigger say by the coach than the captain.  A coach certainly can have a bigger say in a team selection of 14-15 players but not the playing 11 so Kohli definitely takes the blame for that.   

Kohli's post match conferences and the manner he defended his decision to bowl first and play 2 spinners is exactly how he will continue to defend his decisions , certainly if it was a team or a coach's decision he would have suggested that. 

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

I haven't come across this sorta news.  And secondly with Kohli getting such a superstar treatment from the Media and the fans - This is exactly how you build factions in the dressing room.  Even a small disagreement between Kohli and Kumble could have led to groups and we all know that coaches are let go and not the captain thus most players would have no choice but to say yes to Kohli and side with him.

If Kumble have had a disagreement with Yuvi or Pandya or Dhawan - would he quit ? No

I'd say do not select any head coach, give Kohli the freedom he wants and tell him he has till 2019 World cup. Let's see what he manages to achieve. 

As for whoever leaked this sensitive information ahead of a major tournament, a thorough investigation need to be done, find the culprit(s) and slap those bitc*es with lawsuits. 

As for Kumble, he need to somehow get inside BCCI and clean up all the cr@p inside the system. 

4 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Bud the thing is , Kohli as a person does not come across as someone who's easy to get along.  He does have a tad inflated ego - and my background is from Delhi as well and I can tell how he wouldn't like to be told otherwise. 

Thats all what one feels by seeing his agression on field but we don't exactly know.

Remember the great Dhoni? Even he used to pass comments on seniors and was criticized for being very arrogant here on ICF around 2009 etc, if you were here on the forum then you would remember.