Anil Kumble steps down as coach

I doubt we will have enough data to fully know who is right or wrong.  IMO the lesson from history is (Ganguly/Chappell, Lara/Lloyd, Ross Taylor/Hesson or KP/ Moore) whoever has the most political capital at the time survives (but may not for long).  And Kohli has just about more leverage at this time, although because of the defeat,only just.

I guess sometimes the sparks can really fly if the coach was also a world class player in his day (eg Ganguly and Chappell), since captain and coach may both feel as if they are competing or feel they know better.

The key sentence from the letter is :

Professionalism, discipline, commitment, honesty, complementary skills, and diverse views are the key traits I bring to the table. 

It seems like the rumors are true about the headmaster type approach and the differences in selection views (Rohit vs Pujara, Kuldeep), etc

Anyway, hopefully Moody is the choice for next coach. I want one with significant experience coaching. I'm sure he will get along better with the current crop of players as well, since he is involved in the IPL. 

Oh no Kumble...What have you done...he has opened up a can of worms with his letter..

He openly stated that it was Kohli who had issues with him..

Now wait and watch.. Before it was just speculation and gossips..

Tbf, I don't know why people are taking Kumbles side.. There was a reason why he was sacked as a coach from both RCB and MI... We Indians have to learn the different between a coach and a father.. On this issue, I am with V Kohli...

1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

Oh no Kumble...What have you done...he has opened up a can of worms with his letter..

Tbf, I don't know why people are taking Kumbles side.. There was a reason why he was sacked as a coach from both RCB and MI... We Indians have to learn the different between a coach and a father.. On this issue, I am with V Kohli...

Agree, Kumble is a classy guy but since he has openly stated that Kohli did not like his style, then he should also know openly me tion what kind of style Kohli did not like of his.

So the whole world know the full story as he has already shared half. Half truth is worse than a lie.

Kumble has never been coach of RCB or Mumbai and definitely never been sacked by them either .

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Agree, Kumble is a classy guy but since he has openly stated that Kohli did not like his style, then he should also know openly me tion what kind of style Kohli did not like of his.

So the whole world know the full story as he has already shared half. Half truth is worse than a lie.

Agreed!

I don't why people are saying he left with dignity.. He actually opened a can of worms.. or in cricketing terms, hit a Six!! .. Now the game is ON!!!

3 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Agreed!

I don't why people are saying he left with dignity.. He actually opened a can of worms.. or in cricketing terms, hit a Six!! .. Now the game is ON!!!

I hope game is on and game is shut right away and that we appoint Moody or someone as coach and shut this topic and prepare for lankan test series and the oversies tours which are coming up starting next year.