Thank You Kumble

Overall a good stint as Coach. We swept the test season and made it to the final of the CT, despite carrying a number of passengers in the ODI team. 

We introduced a couple of new exciting players like Kuldeep and Jayant into the test team.

Some of our bowlers looked better under his coaching in Tests, particularly Umesh. 

I think he will get involved in Karnataka cricket administration next and may also get involved in the BCCI, maybe helping select the next coach. 

1 minute ago, Number said:

Check his twitter.

Makes it quite clear it was Virat who forced him out.

Great move though on his part. Hitting Virat when he is already under the pump.

Not really sure that it is a great move. Its a great move for himself to sit back and watch the drama which unfolds later but for Indian cricket fans, not much. He touched and is kind of mentioning that Kohli did not like his style and gave that as reason for his departure. If he can share this info then should also share what kind of style he did not like, whether too attacking or too defensive.

I hope we get to know soon and I am pretty sure we will about what kind of selections Kumble wanted. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Not really sure that it is a great move. Its a great move for himself to sit back and watch the drama which unfolds later but for Indian cricket fans, not much. He touched and is kind of mentioning that Kohli did not like his style and gave that as reason for his departure. If he can share this info then should also share what kind of style he did not like, whether too attacking or too defensive.

I hope we get to know soon and I am pretty sure we will about what kind of selections Kumble wanted. 

Read his letter he mentions He was told by bcci captain does not like his style.Ask Kohli what he disliked about kumble.

2 minutes ago, CG said:

Read his letter he mentions He was told by bcci captain does not like his style.Ask Kohli what he disliked about kumble.

Yes, one can ask Kohli or Kumble.

May be Kumble backed Ashwin's selection which Kohli might not have liked? And hence he did not like "that style" of Kumble?

It could be anything. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Read kumble letter first.He was told by Cac to continue but bcci told him captain does not like his style .Kohli is like emotional kid like we came to know when he talked about cutting friendship with Australian players.

Just now, CG said:

Read kumble letter first.He was told by Cac to continue but bcci told him captain does not like his style .Kohli is like emotional kid like we came to know when he talked about cutting friendship with Australian players.

So Kumble decided to leave on his own and and not forced too even though his style did not match that of Virat.

Kohli was straight up to CAc that he did not like his style, whoch could be picking Ashwin etc in the squad. Whats wrong in saying that. He did not ask him to resign. Just mentioned about his style.

32 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

So Kumble decided to leave on his own and and not forced too even though his style did not match that of Virat.

Kohli was straight up to CAc that he did not like his style, whoch could be picking Ashwin etc in the squad. Whats wrong in saying that. He did not ask him to resign. Just mentioned about his style.

Why do you keep attributing picking Ashwin to Kumble as some kind of a disastrous move?That was least of our problems even though Ashwin did suck 

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Why do you keep attributing picking Ashwin to Kumble as some kind of a disastrous move?That was least of our problems even though Ashwin did suck 

Because you keep mentioning selection right. So all selections need to be metioned and not just of Yuvi.

1 hour ago, Number said:

Check his twitter.

Makes it quite clear it was Virat who forced him out.

Great move though on his part. Hitting Virat when he is already under the pump.

Needs to be told , Until now Kumble has kept mum but anyone who wishes well for Indian Cricket should let know of why Virat is not leading Indian cricket in the right direction 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Because you keep mentioning selection right. So all selections need to be metioned and not just of Yuvi.

48 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I  am bit intrigued why Kohli made a public statement that there was no rift with the coach and then tells BCCi he did not like his style and hence  they cannot carry on .

If he has problems with his style , then why he made that statement . he could have kept quiet .

Why this devious double speak .?

Also note one thing common between Jennings and Kumble . Both are real hard task masters and want   discipline .

8 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

Needs to be told , Until now Kumble has kept mum but anyone who wishes well for Indian Cricket should let know of why Virat is not leading Indian cricket in the right direction 

Not this way. This is like Indian drama series now. Highly unprofessional in my eyes to indirectly put blame on Kohli for his resignation. Kohli is definitely immature and wrong in many ways, but I expected better from Kumble. 

Thank you for your contribution Jumbo. 

Does anyone have any stats of best Indian Coaches?

8 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I  am bit intrigued why Kohli made a public statement that there was no rift with the coach and then tells BCCi he did not like his style and hence  they cannot carry on .

If he has problems with his style , then why he made that statement . he could have kept quiet .

Why this devious double speak .?

Also note one thing common between Jennings and Kumble . Both are real hard task masters and want   discipline .

Simple answer to that is that as a player, dressing room problems are not shared to the public. Its a common sense and anyone who does has basically broken that trust and law. So Kohli was right in saying "no rift" to keep thinggs calm.

BCCI is our board who runs Indian cricket. They have to be told by the captain how things are going as if the differences keep continuing, Indian team is the one which will eventually suffer and hence Kohli did what he did.

@Cricketics   @BeautifulGame

My biggest teachers was coach Uwe.I hated him!But stuck with him for 20 years.He always told me things I did not want to hear.#justsaying

— Abhinav Bindra (@Abhinav_Bindra)

India are losing a Great man in @anilkumble1074 … realty hope he stays in some role …. far too good a bloke to lose … #India

— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan)

Since Kumble was appointed India coach in July 2016 India won 5/5 Test series, 2/3 ODI series & tournaments & 1/2 T20 series.

— Freddie Wilde (@fwildecricket)

And our little fairies cannot handle some "discipline" and "headmaster"  mentality and  feel  -  "intimidated"  -   Leave the millions aside and go do something else then !  This is absurd 

3 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

@Cricketics   @BeautifulGame

My biggest teachers was coach Uwe.I hated him!But stuck with him for 20 years.He always told me things I did not want to hear.#justsaying

— Abhinav Bindra (@Abhinav_Bindra)

India are losing a Great man in @anilkumble1074 … realty hope he stays in some role …. far too good a bloke to lose … #India

— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan)

Since Kumble was appointed India coach in July 2016 India won 5/5 Test series, 2/3 ODI series & tournaments & 1/2 T20 series.

— Freddie Wilde (@fwildecricket)

And our little fairies cannot handle some "discipline" and "headmaster"  mentality and  feel  -  "intimidated"  -   Leave the millions aside and go do something else then !  This is absurd 

We all are praising Kumble also as he is legend and we all believe he has great cricketing brain like those guys think, but we if he can not jell then he can not jell.

i will give you another example again. Leander Paes is the biggest star of India from Tennis. He has more knowledge of the game than anyone in India. He is on par with Kumble when it comes to Tennis. 

If Leander can not create a good davis cup atmosphere in the team, then i don't want him in the Davis cup team. And this comes from me who is the biggest Leanderfan you will ever see or meet. I love Indian tennis more than anyone here and also huge Leander fan but Indian sports is important to me nore than a player.

So if Kumble is not working, I am fine to see him go. Also on same note if Kohli continues to suck, then he should go too. Problem is this was Kohli's first ever ICC tournament as captain.

Give him some time.