Indian Future Captain After Kohli

I think Kohli will not last for too long. His focus in more on politics than on the game hence his performance in Australia series.  We are touring SA/Eng/Australia soon, and his buddies and him will not be enough to avoid a close to sweep. I still have a hope we will get someone else for World Cup 2019, and hopefully within a year or so. Who is capable of leading this side? KL Rahul might be someone who should be groomed as a future captain since Kohli can lose it anytime.  

Edited by wanted_desi
1 minute ago, Sloane84 said:

Kohli will be the captain for the next 5-6 years.

After that it's clearly Mr. Lokesh Rahul.

Rahul can't play 2 games without pulling up injured.   Let him play a full season or 2 before you anoint him as the heir. 

Rahane or Pujara or even Ashwin offer decent options for test captaincy.   ODI/T20 is debatable.   Rohit is an option, but I highly doubt he's going to step forward given how much VK has been siding with him.   

Just now, sandeep said:

Rahul can't play 2 games without pulling up injured.   Let him play a full season or 2 before you anoint him as the heir. 

Rahane or Pujara or even Ashwin offer decent options for test captaincy.   ODI/T20 is debatable.   Rohit is an option, but I highly doubt he's going to step forward given how much VK has been siding with him.   

Ash could be an issue on overseas matches .

2 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Possibly gambhir 

Possibly rahane / Sharma 

Dhawan? 

Gambhir would have made a pretty good captain. Too bad he is not around international team no more. I am a big fan of Kohli the player, absolutely not a fan of Kohli the captain

I hope either Pujara or Rahane becomes test captain. Kohli is prone to playing politics and trying to get his own yes men in (case in point Rohit Sharma or Shastri). I don't want Pujara or Rahane to be playing under that shadow. Don't really care about one dayers, Kohli can be captain there and select the team he likes.