Why can't dhoni just be axed

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

Dhoni is the main guy who's is leading on the ground... Kohli is just a rubber stamp...

Hence Kohli will need Dhoni atleast for sometime...

Yup.. Dhoni is needed.. for stability, for sanity in big tournaments.. but big tournaments are long away. We should give other players chance now.. But Dhoni will quit on his own i am thinking.

Kohli's test captaincy and LOI captaincy have a difference of Night and day.

You can take that as 2 things

Dhoni is still pulling the strings which actually reflects badly on Kohli or 

Kohli is naturally a poor LOI captain based on his returns for RCB historically.

It will be easier to axe Dhoni once Yuvraj is axed. Because removing one senior will make way for one youngster at least and once that new youngster has played few games and is ready, then we can let Dhoni go eventually too.

So imagine if Pant plays ahead of Yuvi right now just as a pure batsman and after this series, he can eventually slowly start to take u gloves also from Dhoni, then we can slowly have a good transition where youngsters are in the team in no time.

Yuvi has to go before Dhoni.

Kohli's test captaincy and LOI captaincy have a difference of Night and day.

You can take that as 2 things

Dhoni is still pulling the strings which actually reflects badly on Kohli or 

Kohli is naturally a poor LOI captain based on his returns for RCB historically.

Rohit is a shrewd LOI captain... Don't go by his lazy elegance in batting... He manages to do the job with so many coaches, mentors including Kumble, in MI...

If only he could've been more reliable in batting (especially in big matches)...

Rohit is tactically much superior than Kohli (at least in LOIs)... Could've been a good captain for India... Unfortunately Kohli won't play under him in LOIs and Rohit himself doesn't helps the cause because of his inconsistent batting.... He's a terrific bat but inconsistent...

Can you elaborate what you mean here?  I agree with all the rest of the good things you said about Rohit. 

Bhai, Kohli's "stature" is very high now, rightly so as he's a match winner on his own. But he's a huge ego...

He's a poor LOI captain. I've seen, first hand completely dependent on Dhoni on field (of course Dhoni as wicket keeper and past captain is still an asset to the team)...

Kohli, at least in his career now won't play under any other captain... Looking at the rifts between the team and Kumble, Kohli comes out as a strong character and he won't take easily if BCCI makes him to play under Rohit in LOIs...

As of now I've no issues with Kohli leading the Test side. He's done brilliantly in test matches...

People do have issues with his LOI captaincy and team selection...

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

Bhai, Kohli's "stature" is very high now, rightly so as he's a match winner on his own. But he's a huge ego...

He's a poor LOI captain. I've seen, first hand completely dependent on Dhoni on field (of course Dhoni as wicket keeper and past captain is still an asset to the team)...

Kohli, at least in his career now won't play under any other captain... Looking at the rifts between the team and Kumble, Kohli comes out as a strong character and he won't take easily if BCCI makes him to play under Rohit in LOIs...

As of now I've no issues with Kohli leading the Test side. He's done brilliantly in test matches...

People do have issues with his LOI captaincy and team selection...

Its fine to not like his captaincy, I am not fan of some selections either just like I wasn't fan of some selections of other captains either. 

Every captain pick some crap picks and some good picks, and Kohli needs to be given time with that like how Dhoni and other past captains were given.

But I still did not agree that Kohli has ego that he won't play under Rohit. Not sure about that. If he can't captain India to any success then he will give up captaincy or his captaincy will be taken away from him and he can and will play under anyone, be it Rohit or Pant or Pandya or whoever.