Why can't dhoni just be axed

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yes 

and if someone dig up old threads I started a thread one year before his retirement saying should be axed 

Just saying....the same reason holds good for dhoni too.

He is too big a name.

Dhoni is as popular as Tendulkar if not more and the selectors  will not find it easy.

MSD has better marketing n propagandist machine than Hitler.

Also his past success is used as money in the bank to justify his place in the team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Never ever bring Hitler in for any stupid comparisons .

Thats being idiotic

Kohli's test captaincy and LOI captaincy have a difference of Night and day.

You can take that as 2 things

Dhoni is still pulling the strings which actually reflects badly on Kohli or 

Kohli is naturally a poor LOI captain based on his returns for RCB historically.

Can you tell those differences.Because I honestly can't find any.

If anything he keep going back to experiences both in tests and ODIs for example

Gambhir and Mishra in tests and Yuvi in ODIs .

It's just that in tests you have time to recover even if you mess up.The 2nd day in Bangalore test prime example.Obviously can't do that in ODIs .

Dhoni can't be axed because he (Kohli) doesn't have the guts that Dhoni had as captain.Too busy fighting with the coach .

Dhoni didn't hesitate to bring down the axe on the likes of Ganguly Dravid Sehwag Gambhir etc when the time came.MSD was prepared to take shtstorm criticism that came with those decisions .Those decisions won us two world tournaments .Basically a great visionary.

Kohli simply believes too much in experience over youth.Too afraid of losing.

Maybe with time Kohli will learn.Thats our only hope anyway.

Edited by BeautifulGame
59 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhoni can't be axed because he (Kohli) doesn't have the guts that Dhoni had as captain.Too busy fighting with the coach .

Dhoni didn't hesitate to bring down the axe on the likes of Ganguly Dravid Sehwag Gambhir etc when the time came.MSD was prepared to take shtstorm criticism that came with those decisions .Those decisions won us two world tournaments .Basically a great visionary.

Kohli simply believes too much in experience over youth.Too afraid of losing.

Maybe with time Kohli will learn.Thats our only hope anyway.

Yes, Kohli is too conservative. His batting style will often dictate his captaincy too. Same was with Dhoni. His captaincy also changed as his batting style changed. It is the nature. Batting and captaincy is a glimpse of someone's nature. Like Sehwag's batting gave the glimpse of his nature.

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Too much money is involved. And Dhoni is neither the first nor will be the last player of legendary status to hang on for a long, long time despite being way past his prime.

But neither of the legends were self-sanctimonious like dhoni. Remember: "We are all servants of Indian Cricket" by dhoni. Grade A hypocrite.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

yeah... too great a visionary to have 4-0 losses in Tests. He was simply at the right place at the right time to reap the two world tournaments

I think as a player Dhoni is still an asset in ODIs. He is physically fit, keeps well and I think he's still a good bat. The person who should go is Yuvraj. He is just not fit enough to be in the team, doesn't even bowl these days and not a good batsman anymore. He is a complete liability in the team. No disrespect to Yuvi, he has won us enough games in the past and it's admirable the way he fought back from cancer but the team is above any individual. 

6 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

I think as a player Dhoni is still an asset in ODIs. He is physically fit, keeps well and I think he's still a good bat. The person who should go is Yuvraj. He is just not fit enough to be in the team, doesn't even bowl these days and not a good batsman anymore. He is a complete liability in the team. No disrespect to Yuvi, he has won us enough games in the past and it's admirable the way he fought back from cancer but the team is above any individual. 

Both should go. No double standards. If dhoni is so fit he can try Olympics.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

If this were a class in logic, I'd have you know that those three criteria are necessary but not sufficient to earn a place in the team. Would Dhoni still be fit keeping 2019 in mind? If not, then should his successor be inducted now so he has enough experience for the WC in 2019? How about the fact that Dhoni's replacement now is *also* fit, keeps well, and by all accounts more explosive a bat?

Of course, if we have a better replacement then he should play. Who do you have in mind? Sorry I haven't been following cricket closely of late. 

40 minutes ago, zep1706 said:

Wait. people give negative rating here because they don't agree with you? lol that must feel powerful. :giggle:

No. But when someone strongly disagrees with other he can give negative rating. Do you have better use of negative rating genius? :giggle: BTW dhoni brigade is the most active down voters here. :giggle: