Are Media/Fans Responsible For Egos of Cricketer's

CG

We literally worship our players to Temples and make them demigods .If anybody watched Starsports Coverage It's all about Kohli ,It's like

we need a figure after Sachin to worship.

You have commentators being thrown out for criticism of team by Dhoni and Chief selector not able to remove captain.No wonder Egos of our Cricketer's are high as Mount Everest .

I think Media is worse.  Since the inception of these 24 hr news channel in India - the quality of content has gone down the drain .

and the sad part is how biased it is towards cricket and not hockey / Tennis / Wrestling or any other sport. 

Vicious circle -  More media coverage -  More money for these superstars - More money means bigger ego's - More media following - higher revenue - more fans - higher income - inflate ego more .

1 minute ago, CG said:

Even during the times of Sachin ,he was criticized by almost everyone in commentary or media but current players like Kohli Dhoni are above criticism as you will loose ur job if u are against them.

This I agree. forget Dhoni Kohli,did anyone even criticize Ravindra Jadeja for his brain fart running?

Does noone remember #shamedinsydney by Times Now and how Arnab got owned for that then.

Media does what it does for TRP.Bascially want the general public wants.

There is huge popularity for cricketers because that's the Indian public is.Its the same culture that adores bollywood and Indian movie stars .

Amitabh and Rajni had cult like following ever before we had heard of any 24 hrs news channels.

Same with Sachin as well.

That's the pyschic of Indian nature.Nothing wrong or bid deal about it.

Media is very bad....do they do it only for their daal-roti - I can't tell.

Most cricketers including Sehwag are fine... Ganguly has big ego...the rest - Kohli, Gambhir,sachin etc. all fine. Sachin is simply selfish I would say, to not tell some of his fans how stupid they are.

Once again - media is very bad but cricketers are fine.

Are Media/Fans Responsible For Egos of Cricketer's

How so? Same media and fans were there when Sachin/Dravid/VVS/Ganguly/Kumble/Zaheer/Bhajji/UV/Sehwag was playing.

They didn't have any ego.

What media is doing is business, they need money to survive. If there was major election or corruption scandal in India during CT, They won't give a **** or give prime slots to CT coverage.

Players don't give a **** about news channel, They concentrate on performance.

I am glad i dont watch those sports/talk/cricket shows..

I usually watch/follow match and then come to this forum or cricinfo articles.. but, yeah, fans do boost cricketers' ego. I have learnt from past to not get too upset or get too happy on wins and losses.

The ones that open or post in ''hahaha lets laugh at padosis' thread are the ones who get upset at defeats..

7 minutes ago, veer said:

I am glad i dont watch those sports/talk/cricket shows..

I usually watch/follow match and then come to this forum or cricinfo articles.. but, yeah, fans do boost cricketers' ego. I have learnt from past to not get too upset or get too happy on wins and losses.

The ones that open or post in ''hahaha lets laugh at padosis' thread are the ones who get upset at defeats..

Same here, Watch Cricket stream + ICF + r/Cricket + Cricinfo/Cricbuzz + Follow twitter related to crickets.

There is no point in watching TVs anymore.

Stardom and fame is part and parcel when you have unique abilities and you've achieved something and take the limelight. But nothing stays still and a professional must always stay focused because he is not to consider only his own sake and performance/views but a number of stakeholders that are involved. Since he is part of an organization (team) and every organization must have proper culture, There might be important and influential members but surely you can't be autocratic or look forward to have one man show simply because it simply won't be right. 

Every member deserves equal recognition and for long run success it's vital that decisions are made on basis of fairness, Whatever the issues are within the team should be solved by communication and setting up proper professional culture. Define what is expected of everyone, You can't have a fight to be the boss between the captain and coach.