Who can tame Kohli ?

Dhoni bhai was similar. Even now he isn't any less than Kohli. Here's some entertainment :

The crux of the matter is that some stars of Indian team, mainly MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Murali Vijay felt that the Mumbaikar used to ask tricky questions during interviews while his commentary was not India centric during last year's World T20.

His contract with Star Sports wasn't renewed as players reportedly made it clear to BCCI that they won't be interacting with Bhogle in front of the camera in future

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...-panel-2326676

18 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Lets come up with some idea  how the ARROGANT  can be tamed and he and his EGO brought to earth:  

Mind you we have not seen such arrogance from Gavaskar , Kapil , Vengsarkar, Spin trios, Sachin , Sehwag ( though talks like idiot

nowadys), Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly ,Laxman . All legends 

My 2 cents :-

1.  Create an environment in which the message goes that if someone tries to behave larger than life -  Selectors will  strip him from                          captaincy and will also throw him  out of the team till he mends his ways . 

This environment  needs to be  created by BCCI administration. Wishful thinking !!  May be COA can do. 

2.  Team Selection :

-  Include men of standing with integrity , fearless and no ass lickers for money in selection committee Like Vengsarkar, Mohinder,                       More etc.

- Never include the players who he wants in 15 man team. Yes they should not be in the 15 ( unless all selectors also agree) .

- Include as many new faces as possible .

-  take back selection veto power of Captain.

2.    Make  a hard nosed non  nonsense guy as  Director of test team. He will be with the team always 

Right person  none other Gauti. Love his guts and not an ass licker of anyone 

Next time he throws any tantrum at Gauti , he will strip his pants !

3.     Give him only Test captaincy . Remove him from other 2 formats .

4.    Make a list of all the players who have business connections with the companies He is having stake . 

Monitor how he approaches in selection matters of these guys. 

If he promotes them , highlight these .

IDEA is whole of india should question if he tries favoritism . 

5.   Set out clear instructions to be followed re: team practice , outing etc. Anyone breaking the rules will be liable to be thrown out of                        team by  Team director.

6.   Watch his behavior for 2-3 months . If he still carries on his tantrums , conduct a fitness test and make him undergo fitness test for 4               days  6 hours per day  . The person certifying the fitness  should be one  who has undergone stringent military drills   .

7. On fifth day   declare him unfit and ask him go through re habilitation.  After re- habilitation  conduct again fitness test . Same military

man  will make him run 30 rounds  each to NCA grounds  in the morning and again in the afternoon for a week . He will be asked to                perform  all possible drills the fitness expert can think of to ensure FULL FITNESS !!

8.  If by this time he passes fitness test ask him to play minimum 2 first class games to consider  his selection.    

9.   Whenever tests are going to be played  in sub- continent , be kind enough to give him Rest stating that he is the back bone of indian               team and needs REST !.

10.  His name should be first one to be selected whenever we are touring AUS, SA , ENG . 

11. On re selection in 15 , do not include him in the eleven . Make him  12th man and ask all 11 players to  give him as much work as  

possible. only after this consider him in the eleven for future tests. 

I think by this time all his Nasha would he evaporated and the only place he can do his Nautanki will be in Kapil sharma's Shows and 

show his bossgiri at his home or if he has stopped the praactice of going home by now  ( quite possible) , he will have to show it with his         live in / GF whoever it is .  OK thats none of our business . 

DOSTO ...   what you think its workable .  

Any new ideas Welcome 

Great efforts for suggestions bro. :clap:But frankly taking it far too seriously. Take it easy. Enjoy the entertainment. :phehe: 

Anil Kumble wanted Virat Kohli to bat first in Champions Trophy final against Pakistan: Report

If a BCCI official has to be believed there were more than one reasons behind this rift including Virat Kohli's decision to bowl first against Pakistan in the ICC Champions Trophy final

49 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Sachin.

I dont think Indian team needs a head coach. There are already plenty of assistant coaches and trainer who does the coaching part anyways. We just need a manager/mentor type person. Doubt anyone can disrespect Sachin or put him down in any way. I think he does not hold any position in BCCI. 

Good option. Someone needs to drill this into kohli that its not his personal bunch of friends. Its indian cricket team and he needs to treat it like that. No one is bigger than the game. Also People may call it radical/Biased/whatever but i think time to make dhoni the mentor of the team. He is the only guy in the team who kohli respects and listens to. 

Just now, mishra said:

Anil Kumble wanted Virat Kohli to bat first in Champions Trophy final against Pakistan: Report

If a BCCI official has to be believed there were more than one reasons behind this rift including Virat Kohli's decision to bowl first against Pakistan in the ICC Champions Trophy final

I was waiting for this. Knew some news sources will somehow find this. 

Kohli got too arrogant about his chase master reputation and paid the price.  He maybe the GOAT ODI batsman but still no one is bigger than the game. 

7 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Good option. Someone needs to drill this into kohli that its not his personal bunch of friends. Its indian cricket team and he needs to treat it like that. No one is bigger than the game. Also People may call it radical/Biased/whatever but i think time to make dhoni the mentor of the team. He is the only guy in the team who kohli respects and listens to. 

Yes, I felt the same. Kohli and other member of this team would be more respectful towards someone whom they have played with. Whom they have seen very closely. Sachin has played a lot with these guys and lot of people will be able to relate to him. 

And yes, I am glad that Dhoni is still around. Atleast he can bring some sense to other players if not Virat or we might be seeing lot of ego clashes amongst players as well.

1 minute ago, Shunya said:

Yes, I felt the same. Kohli and other member of this team would be more respectful towards someone whom they have played with. Whom they have seen very closely. Sachin has played a lot with these guys and lot of people will be able to relate to him. 

And yes, I am glad that Dhoni is still around. Atleast he can bring some sense to other players if not Virat or we might be seeing lot of ego clashes amongst players as well.

:giggle:
The crux of the matter is that some stars of Indian team, mainly MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Murali Vijay felt that the Mumbaikar used to ask tricky questions during interviews while his commentary was not India centric during last year's World T20.

His contract with Star Sports wasn't renewed as players reportedly made it clear to BCCI that they won't be interacting with Bhogle in front of the camera in future

14 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

I was waiting for this. Knew some news sources will somehow find this. 

Kohli got too arrogant about his chase master reputation and paid the price.  He maybe the GOAT ODI batsman but still no one is bigger than the game. 

This was one thing, I particularly did not wanted to hear. I was even justifying on other threads why batting first decision was team decision and absolving Kohli. It was a bad day at office. For the first time I feel real terrible and as if  we threw the game.

Edited by mishra
Just now, Pollack said:

You answered yourself. Dhoni and kohli were in agreement, That's what the team needs. someone to control kohli and make him understand things. No one does it better than dhoni. The way kohli obeys dhoni on the field is enough to show that.  

11 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Pollack mere bhai. Bold kare bina likhta toh bhi padh leta mein. :phehe:

Let me do Dhoni hay hay...happy

Now, again, if not for Dhoni to bring some maturity in the team, who do you think can bring some sense to Kohli when necessary. Again, the point is for Kohli to have a chat with someone to strategize or get some guidance wherever required. As Kohli said earlier in plenty of his interviews, he shares a good bond with MSD and they both often discuss strategies and than Kohli makes the final decision. Isnt that a good thing?

He was not getting along with Kumble is clear now. I even feel Sachin will be a good mentor for the team in current scenario. Kohli and lot of others have played with Sachin and shared dressing room. I am sure players including Kohli would benefit from it. 

So if not for Dhoni or Sachin, who is actually going to make a difference to Kohli and others?

33 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Great efforts for suggestions bro. :clap:But frankly taking it far too seriously. Take it easy. Enjoy the entertainment. :phehe: 

Sorry mate !  I thought you could make out the pun with all those exclamation marks included . 

Yes doze of fun is required in these times to laugh out loud . 

But couple of points are to be considered seriously if someone is acting against the interest of team progress  

5 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Now, again, if not for Dhoni to bring some maturity in the team, who do you think can bring some sense to Kohli when necessary. Again, the point is for Kohli to have a chat with someone to strategize or get some guidance wherever required. As Kohli said earlier in plenty of his interviews, he shares a good bond with MSD and they both often discuss strategies and than Kohli makes the final decision. Isnt that a good thing?

He was not getting along with Kumble is clear now. I even feel Sachin will be a good mentor for the team in current scenario. Kohli and lot of others have played with Sachin and shared dressing room. I am sure players including Kohli would benefit from it. 

So if not for Dhoni or Sachin, who is actually going to make a difference to Kohli and others?

5 minutes ago, Shunya said:

The point is if the issue is regarding egoes and (players) having their own way by hook or crook then dhoni is not the right person. Because he is the same.

6 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Kya pata .

Ik labz dhoni bolega superstar ko , phir Katti 

Possible hai. And that is exactly what happened to Kumble. But its difficult to do such things with players whom you have played so much and shared so much on/off the field. Hence, Dhoni and Sachin will have some influence over him as suppose to Kumble, Dada, VVS or other great players of last generation.