Virat Kohli opens up about Anil Kumble's resignation

“Obviously Anil (Bhai) has expressed his views and he’s taken the decision to step out and we will respect that decision. It’s something that has happened right after the tournament. One thing for sure is that I’ve had 11 press conferences that have happened during the Champions Trophy. We have created a culture over the last 3-4 years that whatever happens in the change room, we’ve tried to maintain the sanctity of the change room throughout,” 
“That is what the whole team believes in. For us that is paramount. I’ve always respected that and we have continued to maintain that as well. As I said, it’s his opinion which I respect. I have total respect for him as a cricketer and what he’s achieved as a nation. All the years that he’s played. That’s no taking away that aspect of him at all. And we all respect him totally,” 
“Like I said for me what’s most important is to maintain the sanctity of the dressing-room and what happens in the change-room is something that’s very sacred and private to all of us. And something that I would not express in details in a public scenario. As I said, his point of view is out there and we respect that decision,”

@maniac - as i was saying a few minutes back its very important for a captain that dressing room environment remains good. 

IF there has been a issue for a while i think the team has maintained it well and hasnt looked off on field atleast.

Lets stop making anyone a villian and accept a very basic workspace problem - there is always a chance different individual may not ciick together as a unit 

17 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

So what ever crap he does it dressing room no one should know about it...

He can keep selecting his friends and don’t you dare speak against my authority 

When players fight or go against each other, then surely he has to be blamed and removed from the captaincy or team. As of now, he is immature and need to learn the art of captaining Indian side which itself is a huge task. Not everyone can be Dhoni who can absorb all pressure and remain composed in dealing with everything. Virat has just started to feel the pinch of the burden of captaining Indian team in all 3 formats. It has to be toughest burden for anyone. Not easy as it sounds.

And I agree, this whole episode could have been handled in a better way. Lets just hope people around him had made him aware of his mistakes and would not let it repeat.

Edited by Shunya
31 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

@maniac - as i was saying a few minutes back its very important for a captain that dressing room environment remains good. 

IF there has been a issue for a while i think the team has maintained it well and hasnt looked off on field atleast.

Lets stop making anyone a villian and accept a very basic workspace problem - there is always a chance different individual may not ciick together as a unit 

Ab dressing room environment waise bhi thik toh hona hi tha. Kumble ne Jo resign kiya.Kohli ko Jo chahiye that WO mila. Toh ab ye moral high ground is just PR. 

Just now, Pollack said:

Lol. Exactly what I wanted to write.  We sure are going to get juicy details in Anil's autobiography if and when he has one in future. :D

Yes, this is a Dravidesque/SRT Response. Not confronting. I think he was told to behave to keep it under wraps. Public opinion is already with Kumble. If he says anything antagonizing to public, his image and brand value gets a hit. Hence this is damage control PR 101.  

14 minutes ago, Lannister said:

:hatsoff:. Dhoni should learn a thing or two from him.

MS Dhoni, the Indian limited-overs skipper, heavily criticised his bowlers after facing yet another defeat in the ongoing five match One-Day International (ODI) series against Australia. After the Aussies chased down 300-plus score on successive occasions, a dejected Dhoni took on the Indian bowlers in the post match press conference.

“You can not win a match only by scoring runs or you cannot score only 280 and say the bowlers have to win the match. Both departments have to improve. Scoring 300 in back-to-back matches is quite tough anywhere, but we have done it in Australia. But It seems like we have to score more runs to put pressure on the opposition batsmen. Back-to-back 300 is always good, but looking at our bowlers, we need to score 330 or more,” Dhoni said after Australia’s seven-wicket win at Brisbane on Friday.

But always backing Ishant Sharma:

"The breeze was also circulating around and that made it slightly difficult for Ishant Sharma"

http://cricwizz.com/blog/2016/01/15/ms-dhoni-criticises-his-bowlers-for-back-to-back-defeats/

:popcorn: 

All those who had their guns out on Kohli should stay back a bit and put their own hands up.

Because Kumble has been a very sane person, a legend, an organized person, a person who presented really well when he applied for the coaching job, doesn't really mean Kohli by default will be at fault in this, like he was being lambasted by people here and all over.

Everyone seem to sing along and fall for the crap which is put up by Indian news tv channels. This is the sad truth which many in India do not reaize that their hatred for a player and here for Kohli mostly comes from what they read and watch. Our Indian media is so negative towards players when when we have lost a big game that they will go to any extent to put down a player and make something interesting to keep channels rating up and this is how Kohli had been made scapegoat in last few weeks and especially last few days without any proof that he was wrong in this whole thing.

Kudos to Kohli for respecting dressing room culture., something which Tendulkar and lDravid always stressed about all throughout their careers.