Rahul Dravid best candidate to replace Anil Kumble as India coach: Ricky Ponting

CG

Things don’t look too rosy for India cricket team coach Anil Kumble at the moment. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has initiated a process to find a successor for Kumble despite favourable results on one side, while news are doing the rounds, quoting sources, that skipper Virat Kohli and senior members of the team are unhappy with the coach.

Kumble’s one-year contract with the Indian team ends after the ICC Champions Trophy 2017. Former Australia cricket team skipper Ricky Ponting feels the time is ripe for Rahul Dravid to take over the reins from Kumble.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket/rahul-dravid-best-candidate-to-replace-anil-kumble-as-india-coach-ricky-ponting/story-30APp3c2Ex608wd5YswDlM.html

Ponting correct 

but Kumble also best man to replace Kumble lol real shame kohli did not buy in to it . Could have remembered for long time what they achieve 

Dravid has worked with A team and has knowledge about u-19 players ,he might work with Kohli.

No thanks! I don't like how the most recent episode played out buy maybe the current crop of players don't feel comfortable with former Indian legends as coach. Better to stay at a distance and have respect for each other than get together and draw the daggers out.

Why even need a  coach, kohli the superstar can handle it all, might as well save the coach's salary. 

If he ousted Kumble, how secure would the new coach coming in would be feeling? Might as well bring a coffee everyday in for kohli. 

I feel sorry for the other  support staff,  I wonder if they even have the guys to say anything to these superstars anymore 

Everyone wants Dravid to coach but Dravid himself isn't interested in the job like he stated earlier.

Its best for Dravid to just keep the under 19 guys in shape for the big league, he is excellent for that and should be commended for that. I don't think there is better under 19 coach in India than Dravid as at that age, you need someone who can mentally prepare you and keep you down to earth so you can make proper transition to the big league and FC cricket and only Dravid can do that at best, so i want our future Rishab pants and Kohlis and Rohits to be trained under Dravid.

I hope Dravid continues to be our under 19 coach.

11 minutes ago, beetle said:

The guy is passionate about coaching youngsters.

He refused to be part of selection for under 19 just in case it comes under ' conflict of interest' .

Did not know about the selection part, but not surprised having known and followed his career since 1996.

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Did not know about the selection part, but not surprised having known and followed his career since 1996.

It was in the news that he stayed away from the selection process because he did not want any conflict of interest issue raised....as done by Guha.

He also asked bcci to clarify the conflict if interest regarding ipl coaching because as far as he knew , there was no conflict under present contract.

He had a 10 month contract for under 19 and was free for 2 months during ipl according to his contract.