‘How could they hate us so much’: Family in shock after 16-year-old boy stabbed to death on train

Rohit S. Ambani

An argument over a seat turned into religious slurs and triggered a mob attack on family members returning home from Eid shopping.

The attackers repeatedly called them “anti-nationals” and “beef eaters”, threw their skull caps on the floor, caught their beards and taunted them with terms such as “mulla”.

"My sons wanted to look good, so they specially went to purchase a new set of clothes. Their mother asked them to fetch the best sewaiyan and sweets to be served on the festival. He promised to reach home early, but what reached home was his dead body. How could those men be so cruel to have pierced my son’s body like that,” Jallaluddin, Junaid’s father, said.

He was a child. He was just 16. How could they hate us so much to have killed him so brutally? When I reached the spot, my son Hashim was sitting on the station with Junaid’s body soaked in blood in his lap”.

Saira, Junaid’s mother, was oblivious to the news of her son’s death. Till Friday morning she was not informed about it. I got to know only when his body returned home this morning. When he did not reach home last night, I kept asking his father about his whereabouts but no one answered me. I lost him. How can this be justified. How am I to cope up with this loss?”.

News Source

UPDATE

There was a communal angle to the boy’s killing, contradicting the police who had blamed the incident on a seat-sharing dispute.

Recounting the incident, victim Junaid’s brother Shakir, who was admitted to AIIMS in Delhi, said their attackers kept alleging that they were carrying beef, but it wasn’t true.

“My three brothers and I were returning home after buying clothes for Eid. We boarded the train at Sadar. Some people boarded the train at Okhla and then at Kalkabad. They started abusing us, saying we were Muslims and deshdrohi (traitor). They said we should ‘go back to Pakistan’. They then threw my brother Junaid’s skull cap on the ground and pulled my other brother’s beard. They slapped us. We couldn’t do anything but only shout back at them. Four to five of them were quiet healthy and seemed to be over 30 years old. When we neared Ballabhgarh, they prevented us from getting off the train. They took out a big knife…. I haven't seen such a big knife before. They stabbed my brother. They stabbed me too. I have stitches on my neck and chest. Junaid died on the spot.”

Shakir added that none of the other passengers came to their rescue and that no policemen were present when they finally left the train. “A friend called an ambulance. We had to wait for an hour.”

Until this train ride, I never thought someone could speak to us like that. I'm a Hindustani first, and a Muslim after that. I told them that we hadn't harmed them in any way and that we were traveling on the train like all other passengers. But they attacked us saying we were Muslim. I hope the law will punish them. My brother is dead. I hope the law will punish them,” Shakir told from the hospital bed.

Back home, the family is plunged into mourning and looking for answers on why their son was killed.

Junaid’s mother Saira said, “His skull cap was taken and crushed by feet. We are made of the same flesh and blood. We are all one. This hatred needs to stop. What happened to my son, can happen to yours too.

“My son was studying. He used to come home only for Ramzan. And now he is gone,” the distraught mother said.

Source

Edited by Rohit S. Ambani

1) It's stupid that they don't check for knives and such before letting people board trains.

2) I can't wait for gliberals to presume guilt of the Hindus in starting the conflict, although they were clearly in the wrong with the violence aspect and deserve the appropriate punishment.

3) Pointless drama about "how can someone hate us this much". When you call people kaffirs and damn them to eternal torture in hell-fire for not believing in some middle-eastern book, you shouldn't be surprised when others start behaving like you.  

There was a communal angle to the boy’s killing, contradicting the police who had blamed the incident on a seat-sharing dispute.

Recounting the incident, victim Junaid’s brother Shakir, who was admitted to AIIMS in Delhi, said their attackers kept alleging that they were carrying beef, but it wasn’t true.

“My three brothers and I were returning home after buying clothes for Eid. We boarded the train at Sadar. Some people boarded the train at Okhla and then at Kalkabad. They started abusing us, saying we were Muslims and deshdrohi (traitor). They said we should ‘go back to Pakistan’. They then threw my brother Junaid’s skull cap on the ground and pulled my other brother’s beard. They slapped us. We couldn’t do anything but only shout back at them. Four to five of them were quiet healthy and seemed to be over 30 years old. When we neared Ballabhgarh, they prevented us from getting off the train. They took out a big knife…. I haven't seen such a big knife before. They stabbed my brother. They stabbed me too. I have stitches on my neck and chest. Junaid died on the spot.”

Shakir added that none of the other passengers came to their rescue and that no policemen were present when they finally left the train. “A friend called an ambulance. We had to wait for an hour.”

Until this train ride, I never thought someone could speak to us like that. I'm a Hindustani first, and a Muslim after that. I told them that we hadn't harmed them in any way and that we were traveling on the train like all other passengers. But they attacked us saying we were Muslim. I hope the law will punish them. My brother is dead. I hope the law will punish them,” Shakir told from the hospital bed.

Back home, the family is plunged into mourning and looking for answers on why their son was killed.

Junaid’s mother Saira said, “His skull cap was taken and crushed by feet. We are made of the same flesh and blood. We are all one. This hatred needs to stop. What happened to my son, can happen to yours too.

“My son was studying. He used to come home only for Ramzan. And now he is gone,” the distraught mother said.

Source

Hope the Culprits are caught and publicly punished. Such sort of criminals are threat to people of all religious communities. 

The criminals , who have the audacity to do this to a couple of Muslim's,  can tomorrow do the same thing to other Hindus over a petty argument. 

RIP.

It is time the govt takes these so called beef excuse criminals head on .

The response of the police is as shocking as the crime.

What can one expect from the govt that tried to deny gang rapes in on the highways during jat protests.

26 minutes ago, Vilander said:

this is a fight over seats gone wrong. But understandable that the poor boys family feel marginalized, India needs to stop this decent into chaos. Need Amar,Akbar,Antony everywhere

“I was drunk. My friends told me to attack them because they are cow eaters.”

This is what a man accused of killing a 16-year-old Muslim boy and injuring his three brothers on board a Mathura-bound train has told police.

The accused was part of a mob that attacked the four brothers, who were on their way back home to Haryana’s Ballabhgarh after Eid shopping at Sadar Bazar on Thursday evening.

After the train crossed Okhla, an argument broke out over seats that quickly turned communal as the mob repeatedly called the brothers “anti-nationals” and “beef eaters”, threw their skull caps on the floor and taunted them with terms such as “mulla” before stabbing them repeatedly.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/my-friends-asked-me-to-attack-them-i-was-drunk-man-accused-of-beating-muslim-boy-to-death-on-train/story-REKOBX6gq9RfkuGkgG8JSL.html

41 minutes ago, beetle said:

RIP.

It is time the govt takes these so called beef excuse criminals head on .

The response of the police is as shocking as the crime.

What can one expect from the govt that tried to deny gang rapes in on the highways during jat protests.

because there was no gang rape on highway. That reporter was charged with planting fake news. 

25 minutes ago, surajmal said:

because there was no gang rape on highway. That reporter was charged with planting fake news. 

Really...nothing happened in Murthal?

Shameful that people can have the audacity to deny such savage criminal behavior just to keep the facade odf acche din .

Thankfully the court doesn't agree with the eyewash.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

Really...nothing happened in Murthal?

Shameful that people can have the audacity to deny such savage criminal behavior just to keep the facade odf acche din .

Thankfully the court doesn't agree with the eyewash.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/murthal-gangrape-case-prosecute-delhi-journo-for-fabricating-evidence-4409512/

3 minutes ago, surajmal said:

He was the first. Every other media person , quoted his report. 

http://zeenews.india.com/haryana/rapes-did-take-place-in-murthal-during-jat-quota-agitation-punjab-and-haryana-hc_1968920.html

There are many more links but I don't want to derail the thread.

Denying gangrapes just is an open invitation for repeat of such crimes. Head in the sand approach .