‘How could they hate us so much’: Family in shock after 16-year-old boy stabbed to death on train

Rohit S. Ambani

7 hours ago, Texy said:

Why do media always bring religion if victims happen to be Muslims but don't mention religion when the aggressors end up being Muslim? 

Perfect example is media brushing aside Kamduni gang rape/murder which was even more barbaric than Nirbhaya case but unfortunately all perpetrators were Muslims and the victim was Shipra Ghosh. Shakti Mills/Nadia nun rape same pattern, identity of rapists hidden from public. Even in Nirbhaya case the most brutal perpetrator was a juvenile named Mohammad Afroz, guess what his name is still under wraps and he is living a jolly good life in a South Indian city !!!!

On 6/25/2017 at 6:42 AM, sarchasm said:

Such cute bogus outrage. The fight was over seats, something way too common in local railways. Muslims have pretty much perfected turning into a victim into a fine art.

The fight may have started over seats. But calling them Pakistanis, beef eaters, anti-nationals, pulling their beards and throwing their skull caps before stabbing one of the boys to death surely is not a daily occurrence in fights in local trains.

There *is* a communal angle here. Would the boy be murdered had he not been visibly Muslim?

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/faridabad-lynching-villagers-sport-black-bands-on-eid-as-mark-of-protest/20170626.htm

Hashim, 20, broke down several times as he recalled the fateful Thursday evening when he along with his other siblings boarded the train from Delhi's Sadar Bazaar after finishing Eid shopping.

"They killed him in cold blood. All of a sudden, a group of 20-25 persons who had boarded the train from Okhla station pushed my brother Junaid and he fell down," he recalled, his voice choking with emotion.

"When Junaid and I asked why they were pushing, they pointed to the skull cap on my head. They said we are Muslims, anti-nationals, Pakistanis, that we eat beef. Then they pulled my cap, threw it down and they also tried to pull my beard," he said.

Jallaludin, while trying to console Hashim, dismissed the police’s claim that Junaid was killed because of a dispute over the sharing of a seat.

"Junaid had, in fact, vacated a seat for an elderly person. The seat theory is being cooked up as an excuse. The incident is purely communal in nature and my son was targeted because of his religious identity," he said.

Edited by Mariyam

On 2017-6-26 at 11:23 PM, Mariyam said:

The fight may have started over seats. But calling them Pakistanis, beef eaters, anti-nationals, pulling their beards and throwing their skull caps before stabbing one of the boys to death surely is not a daily occurrence in fights in local trains.

There *is* a communal angle here. Would the boy be murdered had he not been visibly Muslim?

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/faridabad-lynching-villagers-sport-black-bands-on-eid-as-mark-of-protest/20170626.htm

We have people getting killed/murdered every day . you can give a Communal/caste/ regional angle to each of these cases . 

One simple example , this was when I was in Mumbai , I am a non-vegetarian and there have been a few instances where I could not get an apartment I liked cos the society/landlord strictly wanted Vegetarians , I came across a lot of people who would not sit with me if I was eating meat on the same table . Then you have the media reporting this as a discrimination against Muslims . Do you really blames some of us not trusting these reports ? 

On 26/06/2017 at 6:53 PM, Mariyam said:

I understand your angle. A lot of times fight between "Hindu man" and a "Muslim man" end up in "Hindu man" calling "Muslim man" a Pakistani so that "Hindu man" can exploit the situation and make his case stronger for some support from people around. Its very frequent if "Hindu man" is weaker.

But similar happens in other fights too. Long time back, I and my brother were called  Bihari/Baher Gaon valaa by someone from our locality and whole mob of Gujratis in Ahmedabad came to help that Gujju man who we both were beating the **** out.

Reflecting on that incident, We felt that we were lucky that someone didnt stab us that day.

Seems to be an undytv initiative. Kind of puts it into perspective that, inspite of such low viewership, NDTV is placed right at the center of the gungadeen ecosystem. 

It must be sunk before 2019... I don't want to see a repeat of Tehelka tapes. 

4 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Seems to be an undytv initiative. Kind of puts it into perspective that, inspite of such low viewership, NDTV is placed right at the center of the gungadeen ecosystem. 

It must be sunk before 2019... I don't want to see a repeat of Tehelka tapes. 

Two weeks ago, on the BARC data they had a total of 210 impressions only. :cantstop: 

5 hours ago, mishra said:

I understand your angle. A lot of times fight between "Hindu man" and a "Muslim man" end up in "Hindu man" calling "Muslim man" a Pakistani so that "Hindu man" can exploit the situation and make his case stronger for some support from people around. Its very frequent if "Hindu man" is weaker.

But similar happens in other fights too. Long time back, I and my brother were called  Bihari/Baher Gaon valaa by someone from our locality and whole mob of Gujratis in Ahmedabad came to help that Gujju man who we both were beating the **** out.

Reflecting on that incident, We felt that we were lucky that someone didnt stab us that day.

Criminal goonda alert !!

Both you and your brother would've been locked up in a civilized country for assault.

8 minutes ago, surajmal said:

You mean in 000s or just 210? 

Just 210 :((, but it turns out that was for males 22+. 

I got the week wrong also.

Apparently their Hindi channel is also losing viewers. 

DBVFmfsUMAAXNoE.jpg

10 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Just 210 :((, but it turns out that was for males 22+. 

I got the week wrong also.

Apparently their Hindi channel is also losing viewers. 

DBVFmfsUMAAXNoE.jpg

Just proves my point. How the * is the channel staying afloat with that kind of viewership numbers? Either Amit Shah is waiting for the right time to pounce, or nothing good can be expected from this current lot. 

Do all the development, gungadeens will undo all the work within first week of reclaiming power. 

I still have faith in Namo's surgical approach to fixing the system... least amount of collateral damage. But it better fecking work. 

Sangh isnt going anywhere. And if this lot fails to achieve the set goals, next group is going to barge in with a hammer. And then, its Ram Bharose. 

15 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Criminal goonda alert !!

Both you and your brother would've been locked up in a civilized country for assault.

We were in late teens. Like every teen, we too lived in the moment. But you missed the point.

I am yet to find media ever reporting such incident. While I am typing this message I can guarantee, Somewhere in some state of India, some person not paternally belonging to that state is being roughed up by a group of people simply on grounds that he is outsider.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

We were in late teens. Like every teen, we too lived in the moment. But you missed the point.

I am yet to find media ever reporting such incident. While I am typing this message I can guarantee, Somewhere in some state of India, some person not paternally belonging to that state is being roughed up by a group of people simply on grounds that he is outsider.

And everyone who commits assault should see jail time. Because that is breaking the law. I don't care if you were teens or in your 40s. A crime is a crime and your age only gets you lesser penalty in a functional justice system- not exonerated due to your age.