Why does Virat Kohli go out of his way to praise Pakistan and Pakistani players?

Have been noticing it for a while now (since 2013)

He is alwaus praising them esp the fixer Amir

its unbelievable he publicly backed Amir over Rohit sharma in Asia cup (when Rohit called him ordinary and Kohli said that he's special)

Before Amirs return he was among the first cricketers to officially welcome him back

he has been chummy with Afridi before as well.

he shows more aggression in ipl towards gambhir, mumbai etc than the pakistanis. Why?

Edited by BeautifulGame
7 minutes ago, kosingh said:

But doesn't understand difference between on field and off field rivalry against Australia?

Selective memories. Kohli is praised them enough and have good friendship with many Aussies. See some youtube videos of him and Maxwell, Starc etc.

Leave it man. We're giving far too much importance to this guy. Doesn't matter what he thinks. I just want him to be just and fair, which he clearly isn't. Who cares whether he likes Pakistan or Uganda. Doesn't matter.

Edited by Sandeep99

Some people in India(perhaps some Punjabis and Sindhis) have this tendency to be overly friendly towards Pakistanis. Its probably due to the cultural connection to people over there and many people who live in border states have their roots in Pakistan. Some take it to another level like they are long lost brothers or something. 

In any case, I dont give a damn as its none of my business what they do in their personal life. As far as cricketers are concerned, all they need to do is deliver on the field.