Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

Also, Hindi grows naturally, whether you like it or not....it only practical, most widely spoken language (n a very rich lang. ) will get more and more speakers. People learn it as it's useful for them.

Edited by randomGuy

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

English - global language...Must learn.

Hindi - Pan-India language, Indian language ....again, must learn. 

As I said 95%+ indians can speak basic Hindi, add pak., BD, nepal etc. You get approx. 25% of humanity that speaks basic Hindi. 

Nope not necessary. HindI is one of the national language. You can learn any number of them as one pleases but primarily  one needs English to communicate.

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Also, Hindi grows naturally, whether you like it or not....it only practical, most widely spoken language (n a very rich lang. ) will get more and more speakers. People learn it as it's useful for them.

No thanks.we need to preserve the Dravidian languages.there is no reason for Hindi signs in Bangalore at all.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Nope not necessary. HindI is one of the national language. You can learn any number of them as one pleases but primarily  one needs English to communicate.

Chalo let's disagree..I meant that that's an opinion. If I am Tamil, Hindi would be a must learn for me....not for you, that's fine.

English again, a must learn. Only to be used for transactional purposes. I am seeing Indian YouTube standup comedians popping up these days...who are non-native English speakers but they do comedy in English....very rarely funny...the comedian and the audience (who come n laugh) seem miserable , I think these setups are made sub-consciously to impress the native English speaker who may come across the video on YouTube.... miserable miserable miserable.

So learn n speak English wherever necessary. But never show any emotion (angry, joking, excited etc. ) while speaking it.  You will look extremely lame as an Indian. Even more so being an Indian male coz indian females look ok sometimes doing it( showing emotion while speaking English)

Edited by randomGuy

10 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Chalo let's disagree..I meant that that's an opinion. If I am Tamil, Hindi would be a must learn for me....not for you, that's fine.

English again, a must learn. Only to be used for transactional purposes. I am seeing Indian YouTube standup comedians popping up these days...who are non-native English speakers but they do comedy in English....very rarely funny...the comedian and the audience (who come n laugh) seem miserable , I think these setups are made sub-consciously to impress the native English speaker who may come across the video on YouTube.... miserable miserable miserable.

So learn n speak English wherever necessary. But never show any emotion (angry, joking, excited etc. ) while speaking it.  You will look extremely lame as an Indian. Even more so being an Indian male coz indian females look ok sometimes doing it( showing emotion while speaking English)

Nope its not must learn at all. Not used in many states and is one of the national languages, i have a leaning towards 'Ao' i think its a must learn for you it drastically needs more patronage why dont you consider it instead ?

11 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

It means states can use any language they want for official reasons, some Babu in Delhi dictating the language of signs in Bangalore is preposterous.

absolutely, this is what lead to the infamous tamil affair in 60s.. Now this is being seen in KA and other southern states, the moment there is a degree of linguistic identity, center tends to try to impose Hindi. I think we have English as a national integrator in language, do not need Hindi now, let it stay a regional language.

Well, if Naidu said English is global language and needs to be learned, there would be no controversy. But just because it's one of own things, we start to indulge in some infighting. These are petty issues.

When our students are learning French, Spanish for apparently no practical reason, surely it makes more sense to learn Hindi instead.

8 minutes ago, someone said:

Well, if Naidu said English is global language and needs to be learned, there would be no controversy. But just because it's one of own things, we start to indulge in some infighting. These are petty issues.

When our students are learning French, Spanish for apparently no practical reason, surely it makes more sense to learn Hindi instead.

Hindi is one of the national languages, Santhali is an other national language. Its important to learn Santhali..:marchmellow:

On 6/24/2017 at 0:49 PM, zen said:

If the idea is that one has the right to speak in whatever lang one wishes to, it is not apples vs oranges. Additionally, Hindi is one of the two official union government languages. It is also the one representing the native languages in the union govt, so there is nothing wrong in promoting Hindi 

Promoting Hindi does not equate to other native languages being banned. Learning additional languages is always useful

Though, Hindi is not my mother tongue. I do rate it as first among equals considering how widely it is spoken / understood in Ind 

India has common law as you know it. So guj high court ruling on this matter stays as of now. India does not have any national language it has 22 scheduled languages which are all equal. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Theres-no-national-language-in-India-Gujarat-High-Court/articleshow/5496231.cms

On 6/27/2017 at 11:40 PM, Vilander said:

Hindi is one of the national languages, Santhali is an other national language. Its important to learn Santhali..:marchmellow:

Take Gujarati for an example. People learn it in their state and also Hindi. Our own PM knows both yet uses Hindi more. They don't feel intimated or oppressed by Hindi. So what is so special about South India that they go crazy when it comes to Hindi? None of other India parts feel get so offended. If they are so over-protective about their local stuffs, where is their protest against English???

31 minutes ago, someone said:

Take Gujarati for an example. People learn it in their state and also Hindi. Our own PM knows both yet uses Hindi more. They don't feel intimated or oppressed by Hindi. So what is so special about South India that they go crazy when it comes to Hindi? None of other India parts feel get so offended. If they are so over-protective about their local stuffs, where is their protest against English???

Nope nothing against Hindi many know it well including me. The issue is imposition it's just a legality Hindi is nothing special it's just like Assamese or Santhali.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Nope nothing against Hindi many know it well including me. The issue is imposition it's just a legality Hindi is nothing special it's just like Assamese or Santhali.

That you are in minority. Majority of the complaints are against seeing anything Hindi.. Hindi is no different than English, if English is learned without any protest in schools, why not Hindi?

17 minutes ago, someone said:

That you are in minority. Majority of the complaints are against seeing anything Hindi.. Hindi is no different than English, if English is learned without any protest in schools, why not Hindi?

nope English is an integrating language for South and North used by everyone. Hindi is a north Indian regional language sorry.

Legalities apply. Check the previous post of mine for guj HC ruling. Its English and one of the official languages across India North India is free to try learning any south Indian language as free as south is to learn Assamese or bengali or Hindi.

Hindi can be learnt as a third language in non-Hindi belt states provided in Hindi belt states they learn one South Indian language as a third language. Today, all people in the Hindi-belt states are mono.linguists.

22 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Hindi can be learnt as a third language in non-Hindi belt states provided in Hindi belt states they learn one South Indian language as a third language. Today, all people in the Hindi-belt states are mono.linguists.

May be south India can adopt telugu/Kannada script and create a common language ( telugu has unique words other three have same word groups), basically going back to the proto language. That would be cool.