Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

English - global language...Must learn.

Hindi - Pan-India language, Indian language ....again, must learn. 

As I said 95%+ indians can speak basic Hindi, add pak., BD, nepal etc. You get approx. 25% of humanity that speaks basic Hindi. 

agreed my cousin is working in UAE with a Pakistani and Nepali colleague and they communicate speaking Hindi/Urdu. It is truly lingua franca.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Won't matter in Canada US or Britain. But if you force Japan to adopt English, they will ask which one, American or British. Like if you go to Tamilnadu Kerala bengal etc, the non Hindi speaking states. They will ask which Hindi? Blatant disregard of such states by Naidu. People leading India should be more responsible and avoid making such stupid statements 

Hindi is already union government's one of the two official languages. As I said, in Ind, people speak English differently. So are we now to say which version of Eng to use - South Indian or North Indian :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, zen said:

Hindi is already union government's one of the two official languages. As I said, in Ind, people speak English differently. So are we now to say which version of Eng to use - South Indian or North Indian :facepalm:

Problem is for Hindi. Not English. And then the biggest problem of why push Hindi across India. That is the mistake BJP has made.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

Hindi should be completely taken out as a mandatory subject in schools from non-Hindi states. It should be only considered under electives along with other languages like Sanskrit. The native language and English should be given more priority. 

Yes,  all the Non-Hindi States that are teaching Hindi as the 3rd Language in Primary Schools for the last 70 Years  would suddenly abolish the practice and remove Hindi from the curriculum. 

Nice dreams. 

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Hindi should be completely taken out as a mandatory subject in schools from non-Hindi states. It should be only considered under electives along with other languages like Sanskrit. The native language and English should be given more priority. 

its the case in most southern states.Heck i took sanskrit as my first language in high school to avoid studying hindi again.

1 hour ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Problem is for Hindi. Not English. And then the biggest problem of why push Hindi across India. That is the mistake BJP has made.

There is no problem. In fact, I find it difficult to comprehend Eng spoken by folks in many parts of Ind. Relatively speaking, Hindi is more consistent 

Hindi is not my mother tongue but it is linga franca in Ind as it is widely understood by many compared to any other native language 

1 hour ago, zen said:

There is no problem. In fact, I find it difficult to comprehend Eng spoken by folks in many parts of Ind. Relatively speaking, Hindi is more consistent 

Hindi is not my mother tongue but it is linga franca in Ind as it is widely understood by many compared to any other native language 

that may be because people have not studied English, no school, no education. Hindi only in North India barring kashmir, punjab, himachal. How does that make Mr BJP leader to push it across India. Dude himself will not know what sandhi viched also is

3 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Yes,  all the Non-Hindi States that are teaching Hindi as the 3rd Language in Primary Schools for the last 70 Years  would suddenly abolish the practice and remove Hindi from the curriculum. 

Nice dreams. 

Up to 7th it was made mandatory. In my high school, it was more like an elective subject so I'd opt for Sanskrit instead. I'd rather learn Sanskrit which is more close to us than Hindi which is just any other language in India. 

3 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

its the case in most southern states.Heck i took sanskrit as my first language in high school to avoid studying hindi again.

Yup, same here. I took Sanskrit as my third language intead of Hindi. At least with Sanskrit, we get to learn about Indian heritage. Hindi is just a waste of time. 

29 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Up to 7th it was made mandatory. In my high school, it was more like an elective subject so I'd opt for Sanskrit instead. I'd rather learn Sanskrit which is more close to us than Hindi which is just any other language in India. 

Nope,  Hindi is not just another language. It is the Lingua Franca of India . Most widely spoken language in the country by far,  used by millions of non-native speakers as a medium of communication. 

No other Indian Language can even remotely come closer to it's reach. I say that as a Non-Hindi Speaker. 

Edited by rageaddict

10 hours ago, zen said:

BTW,Just out f curosity, what answer will you expect or what should Venkaiah Naidu say. Should he say, "No! we should not promote or work on growth of Hindi".

Some people want to divide India, Some people just work on that path , knowingly, unknowingly. If they succed, they  All will meet the same fate. The fate various sects of Muslims met in Pakistan.

Edited by mishra

13 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Nope,  Hindi is not just another language. It is the Lingua Franca of India . Most widely spoken language in the country by far,  used by millions of non-native speakers as a medium of communication. 

No other Indian Language can even remotely come closer to it's reach. I say that as a Non-Hindi Speaker. 

The native Hindi speakers is around 26-27% of total population and they are all living in the northern parts of India. For us, especially down south, it is just one more regional language. English has more reach here compared to Hindi. So majority here, rightly so don't give a hoot about Hindi, just like many North Indians when it comes to our regional languages. 

Edited by Lannister

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

The native Hindi speakers is around 26-27% of total population and they are all living in the northern parts of India. For us, especially down south, it is just one more regional language. English has more reach here compared to Hindi. So majority here, rightly so don't give a hoot about Hindi, just like many North Indians when it comes to our regional languages. 

You are a liar... Almost all non-TN people who I met in South in the 5 years that I lived there spoke Hindi...These included all states the undivided andhra, Karnataka, Kerala..

We went to different places in Kerala for vacation, people were speaking hindi whenever we enquired anything in hindi ....Your lot (the non-hindi speakers) is restricted to TN and will die out in TN as well.

Edited by randomGuy

21 hours ago, Lannister said:

Because all our subjects are based on English. Only 26% constitute the native Hindi speakers, remaining have all their own native languages. Learning English has more advantageous than learning Hindi. 

You keep repeating the same nonsense. The issue is about just learning Hindi, it's not about making it a native language and asking parents to teach Hindi from the birth. You are purposely manipulating this issue.

Today, to connect with majority of Indians, you really need Hindi. Majority of us speaks Hindi and the value of learning Hindi is unquestionable.  It's the exact same thing with English. English is learnt to connect with most parts of the world, it's the same case for Hindi. Also, states like Gujarat has gujarati, yet hindi is taught. So local state language and Hindi can work together. So all issues are baseless, and southern states are only doing it for political gains.

Edited by someone

7 hours ago, mishra said:

BTW,Just out f curosity, what answer will you expect or what should Venkaiah Naidu say. Should he say, "No! we should not promote or work on growth of Hindi".

Some people want to divide India, Some people just work on that path , knowingly, unknowingly. If they succed, they  All will meet the same fate. The fate various sects of Muslims met in Pakistan.

The country's national anthem is in Hindi. The military uses Hindi. In fact all central agencies extensively use both Hindi and Eng so anyone at center would speak about promoting the lang

30 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

You are a liar... Almost all non-TN people who I met in South in the 5 years that I lived there spoke Hindi...These included all states the undivided andhra, Karnataka, Kerala..

We went to different places in Kerala for vacation, people were speaking hindi whenever we enquired anything in hindi ....Your lot (the non-hindi speakers) is restricted to TN and will die out in TN as well.

Then why do you think Karnataka and TN, who have just been at each other throats over Kaveri dispute, are joining forces to protest against the imposition of Hindi? Even Maharashtra people are supporting this cause. 

30 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Your lot (the non-hindi speakers) is restricted to TN and will die out in TN as well.

See, this is the reason the people are no-longer gives a hoot about Hindi. I fully support disbanding Hindi from our State's education system. 

Edited by Lannister

8 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Then why do you think Karnataka and TN, who have just been at each other throats over Kaveri dispute, are joining forces to protest against the imposition of Hindi? Even Maharashtra people are supporting this cause. 

See, this is the reason the people are no-longer gives a hoot about Hindi. I fully support disbanding Hindi from our State's education system. 

You are living in a different world buddy. Nothing against people who dont wanna learn Hindi but your lot will die out in a couple of generation (30-40yrs)... everyone is gonna understand basic hindi in future.

Even in commentary box, u will see laxman speaking hindi , dravid speaking hindi....Only folks from TN like siva ramakrishna not being able to speak..Which is fine..No issues...It must be really hard to learn a totally new language...But it's important to point out that hindi issue is Almost exclusively in TN.

Edited by randomGuy