Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

Just now, randomGuy said:

Even in commentary box, u will see laxman speaking hindi , dravid speaking hindi....Only folks from TN like siva ramakrishna not able to speak..Which is fine..No issues...It must be really hard to learn a totally new language...But it's important to point out that this is Almost exclusively in TN.

You come across as someone who has never been to the 4 southern states. Odissa, bengal, north east. 

9 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Then why do you think Karnataka and TN, who have just been at each other throats over Kaveri dispute, are joining forces to protest against the imposition of Hindi? Even Maharashtra people are supporting this cause. 

See, this is the reason the people are no-longer gives a hoot about Hindi. I fully support disbanding Hindi from our State's education system. 

Arey Chill Yaar. 

Learn Hindi for your own good,  it will make your communication more smoother while dealing with most places in India and even for others who might not be as fluent in English. Works well for both parties. 

Why so much animosity?  Your native language will forever remain as relevant as it is now,   whether or not you learn English. Learning a few basic words/sentences in Hindi isn't going to wipe out your Mother Tongue. 

34 minutes ago, someone said:

You keep repeating the same nonsense. The issue is about just learning Hindi, it's not about making it a native language and asking parents to teach Hindi from the birth. You are purposely manipulating this issue.

While we are busy learning Hindi, what will you guys be doing? Why don't you pick up one of our languages and start learning yourself, in the mean time? 

38 minutes ago, someone said:

Today, to connect with majority of Indians, you really need Hindi. Majority of us speaks Hindi and the value of learning Hindi is unquestionable.  It's the exact same thing with English. English is learnt to connect with most parts of the world, it's the same case for Hindi. Also, states like Gujarat has gujarati, yet hindi is taught. So local state language and Hindi can work together. So all issues are baseless, and southern states are only doing it for political gains.

What do you mean by majority as 72-75% are from non-Hindi states? Gujarat is just one state and is mostly surrounded by Hindi-speaking states. So we don't really feel that obligatory to learn Hindi as Gujaratis do. 

5 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Even in commentary box, u will see laxman speaking hindi , dravid speaking hindi....Only folks from TN like siva ramakrishna not being able to speak..Which is fine..No issues...It must be really hard to learn a totally new language...But it's important to point out that hindi issue is Almost exclusively in TN.

Look at Murali Karthik,  he is a Tamilian and speaks fluent Hindi. Every modern day Tamil Cricketer has to learn basic Hindi to gel in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

You come across as someone who has never been to the 4 southern states. Odissa, bengal, north east. 

Lol..Who are u trying to fool? I have been to orissa...places Puri, bhuvaneshvar etc.... Everyone speaks Hindi... Prevalence of basic hindi (wHich is good enough for us) esp. among youngsters is ~100% all over except in TN.

9 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

You are living in a different world buddy. Nothing against people who dont wanna learn Hindi but your lot will die out in a couple of generation (30-40yrs)... everyone is gonna understand basic hindi in future.

I just don't want to waste my time on Hindi buddy. I'd rather our people spend their time in learning Sanskrit, so that the language doesn't dies out.  

8 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Just find one person who has served in the Navy,  Army or the Air Force and doesn't understand / Speak Hindi. 

So many. As an army kid ,I have been across India. There are people who will ask to communicate in English, because they don't know Hindi. Nurses from Kerala. Officers from the south. Even ORs working as assistants from south have no clue about Hindi. All Army Durga Pujas I have attended were predominantly in Bengali. Obviously All official communication has to be in English. As a salutation they do say Jai Hind or Ram Ram, but that is not official.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

1 minute ago, rageaddict said:

Look at Murali Karthik,  he is a Tamilian and speaks fluent Hindi. Every modern day Tamil Cricketer has to learn basic Hindi to gel in the team. 

Ofcourse ...Though he has studied in delhi I guess...He is from TN and he is my fav. Hindi commentator.

Many Tamils r fluent in hindi.

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Lol..Who are u trying to fool? I have been to orissa...places Puri, bhuvaneshvar etc.... Everyone speaks Hindi... Prevalence of basic hindi (wHich is good enough for us) esp. among youngsters is ~100% all over except in TN.

Everyone? Lol. You met everyone? Surprising no that 2 army officers I know from Orissa who have no clue about Hindi. You haven met them  

Just now, Lannister said:

I just don't want to waste my time on Hindi buddy. I'd rather our people spend their time in learning Sanskrit, so that the language doesn't dies out.  

That's fine.. There's no forcing here...I am just telling u the trends....Your lot (people who don't  understand even basic hindi) will die out in a couple of generations.

2 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Everyone? Lol. You met everyone? Surprising no that 2 army officers I know from Orissa who have no clue about Hindi. You haven met them  

Very large sample set. More than Enough to come to the conclusion that ~100% understand basic Hindi. Again, who are u trying to fool?

1 minute ago, randomGuy said:

Very large sample set. More than Enough to come to the conclusion that ~100% understand basic Hindi. Again, who are u trying to fool?

Is there a need to fool? Good then it will be easy to make Hindi pan national language. BJP should do it right away

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Bhai google karo .... Have you not heard of terms such as "parade sawdhan, parade vishram" .... below is the crest of AF:

302px-IAF_Crest.svg.png

Yes. Ram Ram. Jai Hind also. These doesn't mean that military uses Hindi and every defense personnel knows Hindi. For such logos and mottos they use Sanskrit or English. Like Service before self. Did KR Narayanan or Apj know Hindi. They were the head of defense forces for quite a while

1 minute ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Yes. Ram Ram. Jai Hind also. These doesn't mean that military uses Hindi and every defense personnel knows Hindi.

It does. Hindi is one of the two official union govt languages 

1 minute ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

So many. As an army kid ,I have been across India. There are people who will ask to communicate in English, because they don't know Hindi. All official communication has to be in English

Tu Bhai Abhi fek raha hai. Username rakha hai Hindi main,  fir bhi baatein aisi kar raha hai jaisa koi angrez Ho. 

I have spend 20 years among people of Indian Naval Background and spend adequate time in Kandla,  Mumbai,  Karwar,  Kochin,  Vishakhapatnam and Kolkata and all people working in the Navy were fluent in Hindi,  even Tamils and Malyalis. Most Children of Defense person study in centre schools like Kendra Vidyalayas where they study CBSE school syllabus with Hindi and English as the two languages,  nobody even learns the state language where the family is shifted. 

English compulsory in Defense :phehe:

12 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Why so much animosity?  Your native language will forever remain as relevant as it is now,   whether or not you learn English. Learning a few basic words/sentences in Hindi isn't going to wipe out your Mother Tongue.

LOL I will not even be surprised if you have been living in Bangalore and never bothered to learn a few basic words of Kannada to this day.  Cliche you yourself should do the things you advise other people to do. 

10 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

That's fine.. There's no forcing here...I am just telling u the trends....Your lot (people who don't  understand even basic hindi) will die out in a couple of generations.

You wanna know your future. If we don't do something about Pakistan and it's extremism anytime soon, your arse will be handed over to you by Pakistani's low range nuclear missiles. 

2 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Tu Bhai Abhi fek raha hai. Username rakha hai Hindi main,  fir bhi baatein aisi kar raha hai jaisa koi angrez Ho. 

I have spend 20 years among people of Indian Naval Background and spend adequate time in Kandla,  Mumbai,  Karwar,  Kochin,  Vishakhapatnam and Kolkata and all people working in the Navy were fluent in Hindi,  even Tamils and Malyalis. Most Children of Defense person study in centre schools like Kendra Vidyalayas where they study CBSE school syllabus with Hindi and English as the two languages,  nobody even learns the state language where the family is shifted. 

English compulsory in Defense :phehe:

Yes they do. I am myself a KV product but does not mean they all study in KVs. Lot go in ICSE and state board also. Mujhe fenk ke Kya milega. This is easily verifiable like everybody in Orissa speaks English.There are people who will ask you to communicate in English. For all official communication, English is compulsory in the Army. Nobody sends notices, orders in Hindi as mandatory. English is a must. 

PM me. Will connect you to a lady who studied in ICSE till 10th. Then studied 2 years in CBSE. Medical from a Maharashtrian College. Knows nothing about Hindi. will that help?