Kuldeep Yadav vs Ashwin Ravichandran in ODIs

Both are similar bowlers with respect to how they turn the ball. Kuldeep bowls Chinaman and Ashwin bows Offspin.

But boy, I must say that Kuldeep is far more attacking and wicket-taking in nature as compared to Ashwin who is more of a containing bowler in ODIs. 

Despite the fact that Ashwin is far more experienced and successful in tests and Kuldeep seeming to leak runs, I will prefer the Kuldeep over Ashwin in an ODI starting XI. 

Edited by sarcastic

We need to remember that Ashwin was bowling similar to Kuldeep during early part of his career. However, the most important difference between them is one of them is a finger spinner and the other is wrist spinner. Kuldeep can extract turn from unhelpful surfaces but Ashwin needs the help from surface to turn. Ashwin is also missing the basic guile these days. He's not even bowing 6 consistent good length balls these days. Time's up I'm afraid.

I'd go on and play Kuldeep and Chahal as the two spinners. Both are wicket takers. Ashwin and Jadeja were more suited to Dhoni's style where he looked for batsman to make mistakes. Kuldeep and Chahal will suit Kohli, considering he's looking for break throughs.

Edited by Sandeep99
38 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

What if bumrah had not over stepped 

what if kohli had survived 10 balls 

what if jadeja not run out pandya 

let's move on guys . Just one gAme 

The difference is controlling the controllable n decision making, you cannot have a perfect game but u can plan well, where we failed ,Shami, K Yadav n story would be different.

46 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Kuldeep has the novelty factor, but ultimately is a wrist spinner who brings the ball into the right-handers.

Chahal is quality, and quite under-rated.  

Naah!  Kuldeep > Chahal.  But both should compete for a place in team. Win-Win for India. :two_thumbs_up: Not in favour of playing both in eleven. 

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Based on what?  Because you enjoy how the word "chinaman" rolls off the tongue?  

Chahal > Kuldeep.  Put that in your pollack and smoke it.  :P

Exactly chahal has great first class record as well. Surprised he is not even picked after the match against England last year. Do our selectors have memory loss ?