WTF is this series???

I guess before this series started this was the bail the Windies out cause they failed to make the CT thus losing revenue series.

But its also now become the rehabilitate players who are not that good enough at the highest level series.

Can till be salvaged somewhat if Pant and Kuldeep play remaining matches.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This series could have been so meaningful if we had played

Pant

Iyer

Samson

Shankar

Krunal

Siraj

Nathu

Thampi

Kuldeep

Chahal 

all together

Thats a bit too much and unfair to those players. Believe me a loss early in their careers would not be good for moral.

But every ODI needs to feature 2-3 of these new players. 

10 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Thats a bit too much and unfair to those players. Believe me a loss early in their careers would not be good for moral.

But every ODI needs to feature 2-3 of these new players. 

You are overestimating this current WI ODI team.

We would still have won this series comfortably if say 8 new players and 3 older ones had played.

Most of the players I named have played lots of A team games, IPL matches and some have played for India too.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

I guess before this series started this was the bail the Windies out cause they failed to make the CT thus losing revenue series.

But its also now become the rehabilitate players who are not that good enough at the highest level series.

Can till be salvaged somewhat if Pant and Kuldeep play remaining matches.

Bail out cause after they backstabbed bcci big time??????

The west Indian board must be shocked seeing a star studded team touring WI.

This is nothing but a series to give oldies a chance to score big agaibst weak team to glue themselves tighter to thr team.

Pathetic!!

Edited by beetle
10 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

This is the Rahane series.

Exclusively played to ensure he can keep his place till 2019.

I am sure we will soon play a series with. Srilanka were MSD will confirm his place for 2019.

Just not sure who we can play to help of Yuvi.Maybe Namibia ?

This series was arranged for dhoni and yuvi. But they cannot even pull it off against WI.What to do? :cantstop: Maybe we should play a series with UAE. 

I just something call asian premier league, so t20 league of asian team where Nepal was heading the table and India were right at the bottom so you can imagine quality of the tournament. Mind you even that was more interesting than yesterdays WI game.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

You are overestimating this current WI ODI team.

We would still have won this series comfortably if say 8 new players and 3 older ones had played.

Most of the players I named have played lots of A team games, IPL matches and some have played for India too.

dude Sandeep Sharma had a good IPL and was part of the team to tour Zim. He was whooped in both T20s.

Lets be honest Rohit Shikar Kohli MSD are not going anywhere. Neither is Bhuvi or Bumrah. So your potentially talking about 2-3 slots for the new players to come into the final 11.

I think going forward Kuldeep will be in competition with Ashwin. Pant is going to be in the scheme of things for a middle order berth.

58 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

dude Sandeep Sharma had a good IPL and was part of the team to tour Zim. He was whooped in both T20s.

Lets be honest Rohit Shikar Kohli MSD are not going anywhere. Neither is Bhuvi or Bumrah. So your potentially talking about 2-3 slots for the new players to come into the final 11.

I think going forward Kuldeep will be in competition with Ashwin. Pant is going to be in the scheme of things for a middle order berth.

Sandeep Sharma got hit because he was too slow against Zimbabwe....but did we not win the series with all newbies ?

I am not asking for Kohli and Co.  to go anywhere....they will obviously play against the top teams.

But the only way to make these series competitive, when the opposition is fielding a 3rd grade side by ignoring / fighting with the top players.... is to play your A team. Otherwise no one will watch. This has happened twice against Zim, so it is nothing new.

Moreover, if we gave chances to 7 or 8 new players together, then the job of scanning the new players would have been done much more quickly than seeing 1 or 2 at a time.  This exercise is only possible against the real weak teams.

Edited by express bowling

Fitness permitting, the squad should have been

Rohit, Dhawan (c), Mandeep, Iyer, Manish(guessing he's injured though), Yuvraj, Kartik, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Shami, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj, Kuldeep, Samson

And XI's in each match should have been:

ODIS 1 to 3

Dhawan (c), Mandeep, Iyer, Manish, Yuvraj, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Shami, Kaul, Rajpoot

ODIS 4 and 5 

Rohit (c), Samson, Iyer,  Kartik, Yuvraj, Pant, Krunal, Kuldeep, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj

T20:

Rohit (c), Samson, Iyer, Manish, Hooda, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj

8 minutes ago, Sooda said:

Rohit, Dhawan (c), Mandeep, Iyer, Manish(guessing he's injured though), Yuvraj, Kartik, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Shami, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj, Kuldeep, Samson

ODIS 1 to 3

Dhawan (c), Mandeep, Iyer, Manish, Yuvraj, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Shami, Kaul, Rajpoot

ODIS 4 and 5 

Rohit (c), Samson, Iyer,  Kartik, Yuvraj, Pant, Krunal, Kuldeep, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj

T20:

Rohit (c), Samson, Iyer, Manish, Hooda, Pant, Krunal, Axar, Kaul, Rajpoot, Siraj

Why Yuvraj?

And captain would have been Rohit in that case, he is VC.

Edited by Sidhoni
24 minutes ago, Sooda said:

ODIS 1 to 3

ODIS 4 and 5 

T20:

Not trying to sound racist but you sound like a Punjabi apologist. I'll give you Kaul but why the f would you want to give chances to Mandeep and Yuvraj? What have they done in IPL or domestic to warrant a place over others?

3 hours ago, Sooda said:

ODIS 1 to 3

ODIS 4 and 5 

T20:

Dhawan captain.......why

Mandeep is hack, poor version of Raina, blind slogger he is 

Yuvraj.........why why why why why 

North zone ki team hai kya