Rahane can be our floater for 2019WC in middle order- Kohli

2 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

No please no!! Playing him at 4 in the last WC hurt us already.

Last wc? If i am not mistaken he did fairly decently..75+ against SA off 60 balls 

Against Australia he tried hard by scoring 40+ off 60+ balls but barring dhawan all were **** in that match.

We lost that world cup because of virat and rohit failing at a crucial point and mediocre captaincy.

Edited by WC2011INDIA
2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

he ruined the chase in wc15 SF... 

what were other chutiyas doing? Rohit and Virat? I am the biggest hahane hater but to say we lost that match because of him and the world cup is frankly nonsense. I would say we lost world t20 semi final because of him..not the world cup. Indians fans are such chutiyas sometimes.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

"If he keeps performing like this, he (Rahane) is someone who has done the middle order job as well in the past, so he can very well be the floater for you in the middle order and he is someone that might allow you to take an extra bowler, in a big tournament like the 2019 World Cup, a big series before that as well,"

"It all depends on who are the guys who can do two jobs in the team, there are very few guys who can open and play in the middle order and I think Ajinkya is one of them. In the future, we see him providing more balance to us as a side in terms of taking an extra bowling option maybe."
-- Kohli

Kohli has officially lost it.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

"If he keeps performing like this, he (Rahane) is someone who has done the middle order job as well in the past, so he can very well be the floater for you in the middle order and he is someone that might allow you to take an extra bowler, in a big tournament like the 2019 World Cup, a big series before that as well,"

"It all depends on who are the guys who can do two jobs in the team, there are very few guys who can open and play in the middle order and I think Ajinkya is one of them. In the future, we see him providing more balance to us as a side in terms of taking an extra bowling option maybe."
-- Kohli

• So they want to add another bowler rather looking for an all rounder like Krunal or shankar 
  • Rahane n floater:giggle:, he has to be hidden in batting order half the time when slogging is needed
  • If scoring runs against a side whose captain deserve a place in 11, is the criteria no wonder people wanted him to fail

Someone plzz give kohli a whack on his head

Try Pant Mr skipper.

Give him confidence and he can be your 2 in 1 floater + wicket keeper....that is,three in one .

3 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Rahane plays 2019 WC i will support the WI team.

Traitor. :protest:

Common Rahane is not even so bad.

Remember Amla wasn't so good initially. And then was Amla 2.0 reborn never to look back. Rahane is still young and at least have some future. What are Yuvraj and dhoni doing in the team?Not sure if they could maintain even bare minimum standards by 2019.

If yuvi + dhoni plays 2019WC maybe then you can think about not supporting India.

10 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Traitor. :protest:

Common Rahane is not even so bad.

Remember Amla wasn't so good initially. And then was Amla 2.0 reborn never to look back. Rahane is still young and at least have some future. What are Yuvraj and dhoni doing in the team?Not sure if they could maintain even bare minimum standards by 2019.

If yuvi + dhoni plays 2019WC maybe then you can think about not supporting India.

Amla? His average was 50 by his 10th ODI. A couple of dips below 50 for a small number of games after that. But from his 25th game his average never fell below 50. Rahane is no Amla.

1) Who would Rahane replace in the middle order  ?

2) What would happen to Rahane's weakness against spin...and the fact that spinners often bowl more overs in the middle ?  Is Kohli not aware of this or deliberately overlooking it ?

3)  How would a person who is likely to replace another batsman, allow the team to include an extra bowler ?

Of course Rahane is a quality 'name' batsman to have in the ODI as reserve, easy to jusify his selection on paper at least.  And let's not speak out loud the fact that younger batsmen like Manish Pandey etc who can genuinely put pressure on the current 'stars' and contend for that #3/4 slot. are never given the opportunity to establish themselves, thus ensuring the maximum brand value for Team Wrogn.   

"I may not be always right, but I'm never Wrogn.  Just ask Kumble." 

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

2) What would happen to Rahane's weakness against spin...and the fact that spinners often bowl more overs in the middle ?  Is Kohli not aware of this or deliberately overlooking it ?

Virat was the part of this team when dhoni openely said that rahane struggles in middle specially against spinners 

Well if team learned that why are we going through that whole process again, we have been trying to make rahane a floater ever since and nothing gr8 has happened

The most important question is With like of Rahul, pandey, pant, iyer, hooda, rana emerging middle order contenders how long do we keep trying on rahane n keep these youngsters away from chances. We have so much to try and we arent passed over a failed experiment 

Rahane is best when the ball comes onto the bat. Will not work out (not that he works out as opener) in the middle order.

I think Rahane at best can be a good back up to Rohit and Dhawan. 

Rahul is a better LOI player than Rahane. But the problem with him is injury. 

Just now, Khota said:

Look at the arrogance of Kohli. Who is he to determine the order. He should be sacked as the captain because of the loss. He is smiling and carrying on. Shameful.

Who is he to determine to determine the order? He is captain, bhai. A right to determine the batting order doesn't mean a batting order done right.