Tendulkar convinces shastri to apply

5 minutes ago, mishra said:

Job is not to judge applications only.

That certainly is , I am sure a selection committee in any organization does not get involved in advocating certain applicants to apply.  This i why BCCI has a public release to let people know that they are accepting applications 

Edited by bleaf27

Tendulkar fan coming out to defend this? He shouldn't be the one suggesting anyone to apply. Its like if i am selecting someone, and i ask someone to apply, my vote will automatically be in favour of him, despite anyone else being better candidate. Why the F*** is there need for wasting everyone's time with interviews and all, just give the bloody job to cheerleader. So sick of this all S**T, hope they lose everything from now on. Its not Team India, its Team Mafia Mundirr. 

Edited by wanted_desi

My logic is this:

These Shastris, Kumbles, Tendulkars etc are players from the eras when for a large part Indian cricket wasnt that professional and discipline wasnt drilled into the psyche of the individuals.

So they are prone to this.

The last 5-6 years have given us a taste of what uber professional structures are like, but we must realise that the current crew will reap the benefits in terms of having a groomed and disciplined persona. However cant expect the same from members from yesteryears

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Y- MCA ke baare men kab sochna band karenge our little masters......

Srsly there is candidate like Moody is anyone even thinking about him.

interestingly i wanted him to be our coach before dada handpicked guru greg

26 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I dont think Tendulkar is being intentionally biased , he must be thinking its for the larger good if Shastri becomes the coach .

Virat's priority looks like is people in his social circles . Tattoos , beard , good looks and being camera friendly is more important than cricketing skills . 

:hysterical::hatsoff:

29 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

That certainly is , I am sure a selection committee in any organization does not get involved in advocating certain applicants to apply.  This i why BCCI has a public release to let people know that they are accepting applications 

In the aftermath of the Kohli-Kumble spat, CAC member Sourav Ganguly has revealed the first criteria which the CAC will keep in mind while hunting for the next coach. Ganguly has told NDTV that CAC will consider the “one who can win cricket matches”.

The former Indian skipper said, “The CAC will take directives from the BCCI on the next coach.

Dada, Has made it clear. If anything BCCI wants Shashtri.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/sourav-ganguly-s-criteria-for-next-india-coach-one-who-wins-matches/story-Nt49NRX0bWszbkVg1LDq5K.html

IIRC Shashtri openly spoke in tune with BCCI to not accept ICC memeber Boards dadagiri over revenue and power sharing. Kumble went with CoA

Edited by mishra
22 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

interestingly i wanted him to be our coach before dada handpicked guru greg

Yeah I was rooting hard for Moody to be coach when Greg was picked.   Was one of the few who posted about Greg's self-aggrandizing tendencies.   

I think Graham Ford would be another good choice as well.  But realistically, no top-flight coach is going to take a chance with the current job, especially a non-Indian.  A good coach would prefer to be the guy after this next coach.   Right now, Indian coach vacancy is a bit of a hot potato.  Thats one of the reasons I don't mind Shastri being a short-term fix - but only if his tenure is less than a year.  I want the next coach to  be in place for more than a year or so before the next WC.

Just now, sandeep said:

Yeah I was rooting hard for Moody to be coach when Greg was picked.   Was one of the few who posted about Greg's self-aggrandizing tendencies.   

I think Graham Ford would be another good choice as well.  But realistically, no top-flight coach is going to take a chance with the current job, especially a non-Indian.  A good coach would prefer to be the guy after this next coach.   Right now, Indian coach vacancy is a bit of a hot potato.  Thats one of the reasons I don't mind Shastri being a short-term fix - but only if his tenure is less than a year.  I want the next coach to  be in place for more than a year or so before the next WC.

i remember graham ford earlier declined ind coach offer citing family reasons or something like that and then kirsten was selected

i agree with ankit sharma, i was earlier hoping jayawardene becomes our coach,he is a brilliant tactician which kohli requires 

but i think if shastri comes this time it would be till 2019 

2 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i remember graham ford earlier declined ind coach offer citing family reasons or something like that and then kirsten was selected

i agree with ankit sharma, i was earlier hoping jayawardene becomes our coach,he is a brilliant tactician which kohli requires 

but i think if shastri comes this time it would be till 2019 

I don't trust Mahela that much.   Maybe I'm biased.

And yeah, that's why I'm concerned about tracer bullet - next coach's appointment is reportedly till the WC.   I think "Just go and smash them" is not the right guy to help lead this team to WC success.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I don't trust Mahela that much.   Maybe I'm biased.

And yeah, that's why I'm concerned about tracer bullet - next coach's appointment is reportedly till the WC.   I think "Just go and smash them" is not the right guy to help lead this team to WC success.

i really like mahela , street smart thinker would be a fine coach 

but if virat is more comfortable with shastri then its ok but its disappointing kohli is just looking for agressive puppet rather than any insight (which i dont think shastri brings)

19 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Not in terms of his selection policies at Daredevils - he could have done better.

That doesn't define if he is sane or not. Thats just bad selection nothing about being sane or not. He wants youngsters to succeed, just not right at times when picking the right batting order etc. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

That doesn't define if he is sane or not. Thats just bad selection nothing about being sane or not. He wants youngsters to succeed, just not right at times when picking the right batting order etc. 

I never said Dravid was insane or anything. I did question his selection policies that's all. I'd certainly have preferred to see Dravid in CAC