Venkatesh Prasad eager to reprise old role as India's bowling coach

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95510/venkatesh-prasad-eager-to-reprise-old-role-as-india-bowling-coach-ravi-shastri-virender-sehwag

Former India fast bowler Venkatesh Prasad has expressed a desire to once again take up a role as a member of the Indian team's support staff - as assistant coach or bowling coach. The 47-year-old clarified that he had not submitted an application to the BCCI for the vacant head coach's role and was unlikely to do so before the July 9 deadline.

"I've not applied for the head coach's role yet and might not do so before the deadline," Prasad told Cricbuzz. "However, I'm very much keen to contribute to Indian cricket as an assistant coach or a bowling coach. I can work under Ravi Shastri or Virender Sehwag or whoever becomes the head coach and bring in my experiences as an international cricketer and a former coach."

"I'm not sure whose prerogative it is to pick the assistant or bowling coaches but if the legends at the CAC - Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman consider me worthy, I will be more than happy to work towards the betterment of Indian cricket," Prasad reiterated.

Gets uneccary stick....Zak,Sreeshanth,Ishant,RP all did well under him...in fact after firing him and getting another "nobody" foreign bowling coach is when Ishant started to try and imitate Zak's action :facepalm:

Having said that what the fk BCCI throw some $$$$ and get McDermott...what the hell are you doing with all that money lying around :wall: 

Just now, maniac said:

Gets uneccary stick....Zak,Sreeshanth,Ishant,RP all did well under him...in fact after firing him and getting another "nobody" foreign bowling coach is when Ishant started to try and imitate Zak's action :facepalm:

Having said that what the fk BCCI throw some $$$$ and get McDermott...what the hell are you doing with all that money lying around :wall: 

Image result for Mcscrooge

Leaked photos of the BCCI officials during meetings 

18 hours ago, beetle said:

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95510/venkatesh-prasad-eager-to-reprise-old-role-as-india-bowling-coach-ravi-shastri-virender-sehwag

Former India fast bowler Venkatesh Prasad has expressed a desire to once again take up a role as a member of the Indian team's support staff - as assistant coach or bowling coach. The 47-year-old clarified that he had not submitted an application to the BCCI for the vacant head coach's role and was unlikely to do so before the July 9 deadline.

"I've not applied for the head coach's role yet and might not do so before the deadline," Prasad told Cricbuzz. "However, I'm very much keen to contribute to Indian cricket as an assistant coach or a bowling coach. I can work under Ravi Shastri or Virender Sehwag or whoever becomes the head coach and bring in my experiences as an international cricketer and a former coach."

"I'm not sure whose prerogative it is to pick the assistant or bowling coaches but if the legends at the CAC - Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman consider me worthy, I will be more than happy to work towards the betterment of Indian cricket," Prasad reiterated.

Lolz, Affirmation of the fact that Indian pace bowling has improved leaps and bounds. When your trundlers are mentioned as ' Fast Bowlers', you know the perception is changing :))) :)))

I know people make fun of him cos hes not fast , but he was an extremely smart bowler . if the choice was between a fast bowler like Srinath whos not the sharpest around and Prasad , I would go with the later . its not just smartness , but Prasad was also a lot more aggressive than Srinath for eg  . its a wired logic that our bowlers will turn into tundlers if he becomes a coach . 

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

I know people make fun of him cos hes not fast , but he was an extremely smart bowler . if the choice was between a fast bowler like Srinath whos not the sharpest around and Prasad , I would go with the later . its not just smartness , but Prasad was also a lot more aggressive than Srinath 

Srinath averages 30 in test matches and Prasad  35

Srinath has 3.5 wickets per test and Prasad  2.9

Srinath has 236 test wickets and Prasad  96

Srinath averages  28 in ODIs and Prasad 32

Srinath has 1.38 wickets per ODI and Prasad  1.22

Srinath has an ER of 4.4 and Prasad 4.7

Srinath has 315 ODI wickets and Prasad  196

Your choice is not based on performance

Edited by express bowling
32 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I dint mean as a bowler , as a coach . off course Sri was a better bowler , but he is an underachiever while Prasad far exceeded his potential .

8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I dint mean as a bowler , as a coach . off course Sri was a better bowler , but he is an underachiever while Prasad far exceeded his potential .

Srinath is not interested in coaching.

I think Prasad underachieved too... he could have been a fast-medium bowler and succeeded much more....but preferred to bowl without putting in much effort

23 hours ago, beetle said:

rULwcLx.gif

i dont think it matters how good you were in your playing days to qualify as a good coach. Just like how Azhar mahmood did wonders with pak bowling line up and he himself was an ordinary bowler. Some players know the ins and outs but are unable to physically execute on the ground...but judging by his last stint...lol....get Zaheer or something.

On 2017-6-29 at 6:55 PM, maniac said:

But didn't lamboo and his coach blame venky for his ruin...

18 hours ago, express bowling said:

This guy Jusarrived is full of bullsh1t. Ignore him. The guy made call of techniques  of Kedar Jadhav, Rishabh Pant calling them before they even debuted. He is full of cr@p

12 hours ago, Pak_cric said:

i dont think it matters how good you were in your playing days to qualify as a good coach. Just like how Azhar mahmood did wonders with pak bowling line up and he himself was an ordinary bowler. Some players know the ins and outs but are unable to physically execute on the ground...but judging by his last stint...lol....get Zaheer or something.

Azhar Mahmood may have been an ordinary bowler, but he was a street smart player. He had aggression and had smartness,something none of the Pakistani players possess today! Even if Pakistan field Azhar Mahmood and Razzak today instead of the 11, they will outperform the present 11.

Its that smartness and the killer instinct that is making the difference in his coaching.

Edited by Rightarmfast