tweaker

India vs West Indies 2017, 3rd ODI, Antigua:

India will aim to take a 2-0 lead when they face a lacklustre West Indies in the third tie of the five-match One-day International (ODI) series at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua .

After the wash-out in the opening match, the hosts failed to match the men-in-blue, falling to a massive 105-run loss in the second game.

Ahead of the third game, the West Indies have strengthened their line-up with the addition of two new batsmen in Kyle Hope and wicketkeeper-batsman Sunil Ambris. Get full cricket score of India vs West Indies 2017, 3rd ODI here.

Squads

India: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Rishabh Pant.

West Indies: Jason Holder (captain), Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Roston Chase, Miguel Cummins, Kyle Hope, Shai Hope (wicketkeeper), Alzarri Joseph, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Ashley Nurse, Kieran Powell, Rovman Powell.

Edited by tweaker

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Pant,  Kuldeep and Shami should play.

If Shami doesn't play, then there is something really wrong with either him or Kohli.:alberteinstein:

Haven't we confirmed that already? Disclaimer - I'm not judging.

kohli-shastri-ie-m.jpg

Edited by Sandeep99

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Zaheer Khan is saying that Rishabh Pant should not be included in the playing 11 till be win this series   :facepalm:

i am disappointed with his viewpoint

Wow did Zaheer say that?  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Zaheer Khan is saying that Rishabh Pant should not be included in the playing 11 till be win this series   :facepalm:

i am disappointed with his viewpoint

Win a Series against WI Grade C Team. Who the hell cares about it Zaheer, PAnt might get a game when we win series he will come out at #6 after Budha Party and will get 5-10 balls. The again to WaterBoy duties, i hate this team. 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Unchanged India.  "Aggressive" Kuptaan doesn't want to take chances against the might of the Chumpions.

Yea.. he wants to play it safe against 75 and 79 champions. You know they once had Richards in the team.

2 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Yea.. he wants to play it safe against 75 and 79 champions. You know they once had Richards in the team.

Kohli's captaincy is really making me cynical about Indian cricket.  Decisions are being made for personal benefit instead of the team.  

2 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

I will be shocked if either of Yuvraj or Dhoni will rest in this series. They will not want to give chance to any youngsters as that would put pressure on their places.

Of course they would want to play maximum games.  Any player would want that.  I'm sure Pant or Karthik would want the same. But they are not calling the shots.  Who is?

35 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Kohli's captaincy is really making me cynical about Indian cricket.  Decisions are being made for personal benefit instead of the team.  

Playing Umesh and Yuvraj in place of Shami and Pant does benefit Kohli personally.

It seems more a case of not being comfortable with any change.

Edited by express bowling

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Of course they would want to play maximum games.  Any player would want that.  I'm sure Pant or Karthik would want the same. But they are not calling the shots.  Who is?

I'm talking in general. Past Dhoni would just not travel to Zimbabwe or West Indies but now he is forced to.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Playing Umesh and Yuvraj in place of Shami and Pant does benefit Kohli personally in any way.

It seems more a case of not being comfortable with any change.

Read more about Bunty Sajdeh and you will realise how selecting these two over pant and shami benefits Kohli.

1 minute ago, SandeepMotta said:

Read more about Bunty Sajdeh and you will realise how selecting these two over pant and shami benefits Kohli.

We saw Shami being preferred over Umesh in the WI test series as well as a test match against NZ.

Umesh was dropped for Ashwin in CT.

1 minute ago, SandeepMotta said:

Exactly,

Same issue was happening under Dhoni, the rep company which he had shares in, managed him and other players like Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin.

Its a clear case of conflict of interests... the only way these companies make money is that if their contracted players are selected for India.. so if the Indian captain has interest in this company, he will make sure the other players are also selected regardless of form and future planning.

The government needs to implement a law that the company that represents the Indian captain CANNOT represent other players to avoid conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Exactly,

Same issue was happening under Dhoni, the rep company which he had shares in, managed him and other players like Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin.

Its a clear case of conflict of interests... the only way these companies make money is that if their contracted players are selected for India.. so if the Indian captain has interest in this company, he will make sure the other players are also selected regardless of form and future planning.

The government needs to implement a law that the company that represents the Indian captain CANNOT represent other players to avoid conflict of interest.

Hmm jaddu ashwin raina played under kohli and still are playing under kohli..  

No.1 and no.2 ranks in tests i guess

Raina is out now cause god knows why he is way better than yuvi... 

Dhoni atleast made right choices.. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.