Has Rahane deservingly sealed his backup spot in ODIs

FOUR out of FOUR. Yes, I know it is against hapless West Indies but Rahane has really demonstrated tremendous consistency and today's innings is really the "need of the hour" innings. Dinesh Karthik should have never played today:facepalm: and I would have liked to see Risabh Pant in his place. 

But Rahane on the other hand has been commendable and won the spot in the side. FOUR consecutive fifties is not a joke. When the great batsman captain himself is getting out very cheaply every other innings, it has been Rahane all the way who is the one rescuing the team. :agree:

26 minutes ago, Vijy said:

WI is a weak team, and his last 2 knocks could/should have been faster towards end. He starts off quickly (19 off 19 in previous match, and 35 off 40) and then crawls along like a snail.

He is good against pace and uncomfortable against spin.  He likes the ball to come on to the bat.

So, it is on expected lines and makes him a limited ODI batter .

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

He is good against pace and uncomfortable against spin.  He likes the ball to come on to the bat.

So, it is on expected lines and makes him a limited ODI batter .

This is a paradigm that is becoming rather common I feel.

Tomorrow, Hahane will flop. Last two innings have been extremely lousy. In both matches he is guilty of not accelerating and getting out at the wrong time. This became more obvious in the last game. Law of averages will catch up and he is going to score a big fat duck. End of his career after this game. Bet on it. 

Just now, kira said:

I didn't watch a single ball of this series, don't even know the scoreline or who's playing but how the bloody hell is rahane back in the odi side? 

Kohli said he wants to make him a floater(who will float us to losses.:giggle:)