Is Modi worst PM of India to serve more than 2 years?

Trichromatic

Yes, Modi is failure thats why

1. Moody's increased Indian rating within first year of his reign and I am sure they will increase it bonce again by next year.

2. Thats why India surpassed even China on FDI

3. There has been atleast 25% more Roads and overall infrastructure constructed by the same workforce prior to his era

4. Thats why for the first we are competing with China instead of Pakistan in allmost every sphere

5. Our armed forces are being modernised for first time in past 30 years.In next 10 years, India may have a defence industry.

7. State Revenue per year is increasing YoY.

I used to think his demonetasion move failed. But the way Shell companies are being exposed and closed Makes me feel that it may have done some good.

Fortunately unfortunately things like above dont make sensational headline, so it never gets seriously reported.

45 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

This is another myth spread by Modi Govt

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/C4Q8mpskSbfEzmG8ZWBY9H/Can-we-measure-demonetisations-impact-on-income-tax-collect.html

There is no significant increase in income tax payers.Infact Modi's disclosure scheme bought tax revenue up.detailed study will tell you that the increase in number of tax payerd is just what it was previous year

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

read the article again ITR filings has gone up from 40 to 52 million this year . it has more than doubled since BJP came into power , off course its all lies . 

Secondly the Tax collection is at 17.1 Lac crore in FY17 and this moron claims the jump of ~2.5 Lac crore is due to 30,000 cr gained from disclosure scheme ? How about read the article once in a while after your google serach ?

1 hour ago, The Outsider said:

I don't even oppose GST (improvements can be made to it), but good attempt trying to second guess me. As a supporter of BJP, you should be asking Modi why he opposed GST while he was in opposition for several years. Oh yeah, it was because he wanted criminal proceedings to be dropped against a murderer and made lame excuses like there is no 24 hour power supply and internet connection in India. I am guessing India now has 24 hour power supply and internet all across the country. 

Modi was not against GST but was against GST brought by Congress and not just just Modi, several congress governed states were against that GST bill. 

It is a fact that many states, including BJP ruled states had opposed the GST bill under UPA rule. But were only BJP states opposing GST? Lies. Even as late as December 2013, just 4 months before end of UPA’s 10 year rule, it was reported that the Congress-led ruling UDF government in Kerala has lent support to the Gujarat government’sapprehensions on GST. The Finance Minister of Kerala raised questions on numerous concepts under GST on which there was no consensus nor clarity. He was “openly critical of the Centre’s inability to give any “definite information” about the service tax currently received from each state or any projection about future revenues expected

In October 2013 also, a report in The Hindu quoted the Jammu and Kashmir Finance Minister (who also served as GST Empowered Committee Chairman) as saying this:

Most of the states…majority of the states have opposedbringing petroleum products and liquor in GST framework. They want to keep (the two items) out of GST,

Does the phrase “Most of the states” mean “only BJP states?”. Even when, at that point in time, Congress was ruling a considerable number of states, unlike now?

Again in July 2013 it was reported that 3 non-BJP states had opposed a provision in the GST Bill. Which were these 3 states? Non-BJP ruled Tamil Nadu. Non-BJP ruled Orissa. And Congress ruled Maharashtra! So if this GST bill was opposed only on political grounds, why did Congress’s own state Maharashtra oppose it then?

Even in May 2013, the then Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on GST Sushil Kumar Modi revealed that “Even Congress ruled states likeHaryana and Maharashtra are opposed to it (GST) fearing loss of revenue,”

So it is clear that even in the last one year of UPA, at least 5 Non-BJP states had voiced their opposition to the UPA’s GST bill, and out of these, 3 states were Congress ruled states. So why is Indian MSM crying hoarse that only BJP had opposed GST? Isn’t it clear that BJP and non-BJP states i.e. most states in India were opposed to UPA’s GST bill?

Now that we know which states were opposed to UPA’s GST bill, it is important to know the reasons for opposition. We had reported on this in December 2014 itself, but since MSM is repeating a lie a thousand times, we may have to repeat the truth at least a few times. Till the last discussion of GST under UPA in November 2013, the states had somemajor demands:

1. Keeping Petroleum out of GST ambit
2. Keeping Alcohol out of GST ambit
3. Keeping Entry Tax out of GST ambit
4. Some sort of guarantee from Centre for potential revenue loss

The rationale behind these demands is quite understandable. GST wipes out most state-level indirect taxes, thus taking out one the major source of revenues for states. It is like a parent tells a child to stop earning from today, and instead promises him a sum of pocket-money. To have at least some financial independence in their hands, States asked for items like petroleum and alcohol (which have huge sales) to be kept out of GST, and also a guarantee from the Centre to offset their losses.

As explained by Congress Spokesperson Priyanka Chaturvedi in her tweet,Chidambaram the then Finance Minister never considered the states demands. He even openly rejected the 1% additional levy (which was mooted as a compensation to producer states). This obstinate stand of the UPA was the reason why although it had 10 years, it could never build consensus on GST.

How did the new NDA Government achieve consensus in less than 10 months, when UPA couldnt do it in 10 years? They agreed to the demands of the states. Out of the above 4 demands, 3 were accepted, and a bonus benefit was passed on to the state:

1. Petroleum was kept out of GST
2. Alcohol was kept out of GST
3. A proposal was sent to law ministry to work out a “Constitutional Guarantee” to compensate states
4. And the Bonus: The power to states of levying additional 1% tax levy, for maximum 2 years, to help augment state revenues

This is why BJP states, which were opposing the old GST bill, along with non-BJP states, are now agreeing to the NDA’s GST bill, because their concerns have been addressed. But Indian MSM who have become Congress spokespersons are desperate to spread the lie that this is change in stand is only politicking.

http://www.opindia.com/2015/08/when-congress-states-opposed-gst-in-2013-and-why-bjp-states-are-now-ok-with-it/

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, The Outsider said:

I don't even oppose GST (improvements can be made to it), but good attempt trying to second guess me. As a supporter of BJP, you should be asking Modi why he opposed GST while he was in opposition for several years. Oh yeah, it was because he wanted criminal proceedings to be dropped against a murderer and made lame excuses like there is no 24 hour power supply and internet connection in India. I am guessing India now has 24 hour power supply and internet all across the country. 

What kind of logic is that? Previous government was fraught with corruption. It never had right intention even if the idea was right. For example Modi government also did reallocation of same coal block and recovered 3 lakh crores. Same is true with allmost every policies of inefficient scamgress government.

Failure will always be there. Its best shot, honesty and intentions that matter.

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

read the article again ITR filings has gone up from 40 to 52 million this year . it has more than doubled since BJP came into power , off course its all lies . 

Secondly the Tax collection is at 17.1 Lac crore in FY17 and this moron claims the jump of ~2.5 Lac crore is due to 30,000 cr gained from disclosure scheme ? How about read the article once in a while after your google serach ?

You need to look at the charts and data in the article again. Yes ITR filings went up from 40 to 52 million this year and have gone up from 30 to 52 million since BJP came to power, but in the four years prior to that they went up from 5 million to 30 million, a six times increase. There is a general upward trend year on year so how are you attributing this to demonetization? 

Annual increase in income tax collection in FY '17 is Rs. 400 Billion after removing the gains from the voluntary disclosure scheme. This number is roughly the same as the increase in FY '13 and FY '14. So how are you attributing this to demonetization? 

12 hours ago, randomGuy said:

So were you, and still are, sort of.

Well done. Once an AAPtard, always an AAPtard. Opportunists and, U-turn experts like yourself have no shame. It's good Modi government understands as well and, in their core team, there aren't such persons as they cannot be trusted and have absolutely no backbone.

Edited by someone

13 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

You need to look at the charts and data in the article again. Yes ITR filings went up from 40 to 52 million this year and have gone up from 30 to 52 million since BJP came to power, but in the four years prior to that they went up from 5 million to 30 million, a six times increase. There is a general upward trend year on year so how are you attributing this to demonetization? 

Annual increase in income tax collection in FY '17 is Rs. 400 Billion after removing the gains from the voluntary disclosure scheme. This number is roughly the same as the increase in FY '13 and FY '14. So how are you attributing this to demonetization? 

its around 2011 that govt made it mandatory to file taxes , so though the count of people filing returns went up from 5-30 mn it does not mean only 5m payed taxes uptill 2010 , just that most of these people who where already paying taxes had to file returns . 

As for tax collections , why is FY13 or 14 a bench mark ? with the economy slowing down  and according to some of you demonetisation having seriously hit business , how did the collection go up compared to last year ? 

3 hours ago, The Outsider said:

its all about timing isnt it ? IIRC he said GST was impossible to implement with the current infra and India was not ready for it, was he really wrong there ? Infact even now I dont think we are completely prepared .

Congress never had the intent or the capacity to pull this off . Also being in opposition its hardly a surprise BJP opposed it , they wanted to come to power and with Indians you have to play political games to an extent to come to power and he did play all his cards well and thats why hes in power . Forget Modi , its irrelevant what any politician has said 5 or 10 years back , its the actions when they are in power what matters . 

18 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

its all about timing isnt it ? IIRC he said GST was impossible to implement with the current infra and India was not ready for it, was he really wrong there ? Infact even now I dont think we are completely prepared .

Congress never had the intent or the capacity to pull this off . Also being in opposition its hardly a surprise BJP opposed it , they wanted to come to power and with Indians you have to play political games to an extent to come to power and he did play all his cards well and thats why hes in power . Forget Modi , its irrelevant what any politician has said 5 or 10 years back , its the actions when they are in power what matters . 

It was not the only reason. Read the link i posted above. Even Congress governed states were opposing it.

37 minutes ago, someone said:

That's true and I agree. It seems Modi wants only very trustful people for defense.

Agree. Defense is where most dodgy sofisticated dealings happen. And no one even comes to know. A honest defence minister is needed. Unfortunately Parikkar has to go back to Goa.  Jaitley doesnt gives good vibes.

45 minutes ago, someone said:

Well done. Once an AAPtard, always an AAPtard. Opportunists and, U-turn experts like yourself that have absolute no shame. It's good Modi government understands as well and in their core team, there aren't such persons as they cannot be trusted and have absolutely no backbone.

You are a retard...isko likh le aur din me das baar loudly padha kar subah sham...jab ye realise kar lega, tabhi tera chance hai improve hone ka, warna retard hi marega.

Rahi baat meri, yes I was impressed by IAC through which AAP was born like many...as soon as I realised I was wrong in my assessment, I switched back to supporting BJP. I am ordinary by all means but I am the first (always) to say sorry when I realise I am wrong. Seems like you think you are never wrong (let alone feeling sorry)....this is a major sign of retardedness...kaam par ispar murakh.

Nehru

Lal Bahadur Shastri

Indira

Rajeev

PVNR

Vajpayee

Manmohan

and then we have Narendra Modi.

If we have to compare first 2-3 years of all PMs, he doesn't appear to be better than others.

How does not being better translate to being the worst? Logic fail

I believe he will be remembered as a remarkable statesman in the years to come.

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

You are a retard...isko likh le aur din me das baar loudly padha kar subah sham...jab ye realise kar lega, tabhi tera chance hai improve hone ka, warna retard hi marega.

Rahi baat meri, yes I was impressed by IAC through which AAP was born like many...as soon as I realised I was wrong in my assessment, I switched back to supporting BJP. I am ordinary by all means but I am the first (always) to say sorry when I realise I am wrong. Seems like you think you are never wrong (let alone feeling sorry)....this is a major sign of retardedness...kaam par ispar murakh.

Anybody who hated Modi to the core but completely changed their mind afterwards, is a opportunist and, cannot be taken seriously and have absolutely no backbone. And you are one of them.  This is my last reply as you are retard so best just to ignore you now onwards...

5 minutes ago, someone said:

Anybody who hated Modi to the core but completely changed their mind afterwards, is a opportunist and, cannot be taken seriously and have absolutely no backbone. And you are one of them.  This is my last reply as you are retard so best just to ignore you now onwards...

Yaar, Kejri Sir ne bahooton kaa kaataa hai.  In IAC Anna days he seemed like a serious alternative. Like many, I lost my confidence the day he decided to give up Delhi CM seat and then, to reinforce my view,  news came he was going to contest Lok Sabha against Modi.

12 minutes ago, someone said:

Haan ignore hi rakhiyo kyonki kisi ke liye bhi (including you) Bura likhne me mujhe dukh hi hota hai...Khushi nahi hoti

first PM to visit Israel, a long and trusted ally. only modi could have done it. china is the one crying at the border wanting india to withdraw troops from what it claims to be its own territory. indian army has been proactive in kashmir for past 2 months. 4 terrorists were eliminated in pulwama yesterday. demonetization a fail, lulz, thats why you have traders and middlemen cursing modi out at every single walk of life(most of them voted for him too). heck, even among people who view it as having failed, they don't necessarily blame modi. they blame the corrupt banks who helped bail out the guilty. all this has done is make people repose their faith in modi because he is actually willing to take ownership of policies that could have a long-lasting effect on the people of India. Even with GST, he has taken a big risk. if not implemented correctly, idiots  will only blame him.  

watch out for what happens in kashmir in next year. this problem will be nipped in bud once and for all. i can say this with complete certainty.

Edited by FischerTal

^ Something that isnt discussed is Aadhar Card. Collecting over a billion peoples biometric info isnt that easy. I can see the benefits of it being used in allmost every sphere ranging from terrorist related violence to porous Border immigration issue to petty finacial crime.

However it can be misused in framing someone aswell. But in all honesty a risk worth taking.

12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Appointing defence minister randomly on ad hoc basis when China is bullying India at borders. Height of incometence from the government failing to appoint a full time DM for a country of 1 billion population. Even capatains in gully cricket are not appointed on such ad hoc basis.

India needs a full-time defence minister as ministry cannot be run on ad hoc basis

http://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/india-needs-a-full-time-defence-minister-as-ministry-cannot-be-run-on-ad-hoc-basis/story-WXQXaEKx2dO0wBhClRj8vI.html

And the interest of our defence minister lies in 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1108167.html

Can't believe BJP hasn't found a better replacement yet.

He is giving competition to Nehru wrt aggression from China.

Do you read news or not ?

HE SAID THIS!!!

http://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/arun-jaitley-response-to-china-warning-india-of-2017-different-from-that-of-1962/742933/

2 hours ago, mishra said:

Agree. Defense is where most dodgy sofisticated dealings happen. And no one even comes to know. A honest defence minister is needed. Unfortunately Parikkar has to go back to Goa.  Jaitley doesnt gives good vibes.

Jaitley Supports Indigenization,He is our best alternative to Shri Manohar Parrikar JI!