Is Modi worst PM of India to serve more than 2 years?

Trichromatic

And one of the biggest scam in Indian history: Demonitisation

Demonetisation complete failure? 97% of banned notes back in banks: Report

The Modi government has defended its move saying the benefits of demonetisation will create an impact on the country's economy in the long run.

http://indianexpress.com/article/business/banking-and-finance/demonetisation-complete-failure-97-of-banned-notes-back-in-banks-report/

Initially there was chest thumping by PM himself that how he has scared all black money hoarders. Now they have made a u-turrn and instead of telling of exact benefits they are claiming it to benefit in long term. It's high time that it accepts the failure and apologise to people for the loss and hardship.

This is as similar to what happened during Manmohan's term.

Add economic slowdown to the list

Indian economy: Latest GDP estimates show the worst is not over

Finally, we have the numbers we have been waiting for. The latest GDP estimates are out, showing how the Indian economy steadily decelerated through the past year — a slide that got only worse with demonetisation. For the full year ended March 31, economic growth slowed to 7.1% from 8% a year earlier, and slipped sharply to 6.1% in the January-March quarter — the slowest in 13 quarters. The numbers vindicate what critics of demonetisation had predicted. These also deflate the government’s claim that the economic pain from its November 8 decision to scrap high-value currency notes would be temporary, with limited impact. Yet, most policy makers continue to be in denial.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/columns/indian-economy-the-worst-is-not-over-yet/story-rYPeuzZCBepfQtmf7jJseK.html

Amit Shah claims that lynching has gone down under BJP

More lynchings under earlier govts but no one questioned them: Amit Shah

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/bjp-is-being-unfairly-blamed-for-lynchings-amit-shah/story-5XAOgMioeOIoPPO2wwE3TP.html

Is it true? Few days back I read reports that it has gone up. If yes, then is it a coincidence? 

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

http://indianexpress.com/article/business/banking-and-finance/demonetisation-complete-failure-97-of-banned-notes-back-in-banks-report/

Initially there was chest thumping by PM himself that how he has scared all black money hoarders. Now they have made a u-turrn and instead of telling of exact benefits they are claiming it to benefit in long term. It's high time that it accepts the failure and apologise to people for the loss and hardship.

black money wasnt the only purpose of demonetization. Our banking system was in dumps due to bad loans. Demonetization helped infusing a lot of money back in the banking system.

37 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Amit Shah claims that lynching has gone down under BJP

More lynchings under earlier govts but no one questioned them: Amit Shah

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/bjp-is-being-unfairly-blamed-for-lynchings-amit-shah/story-5XAOgMioeOIoPPO2wwE3TP.html

Is it true? Few days back I read reports that it has gone up. If yes, then is it a coincidence? 

there were more lynching in 2012 or 13 under UPA.

Biggest democratic failures in Indian history:

1. Emergency by Indira Gandhi

2. 7% polling in Kashmir

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/crucial-by-polls-underway-in-srinagar-delhi-and-7-other-states-10-points-1679074

2% turnout during repolling

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/srinagar-by-election-only-2-02-voter-turnout-recorded-after-repolling-in-kashmir/story-3lCTvA4P1sYB4eXo4EeRjM.html

By deploying 20,000 security personnel, only 709 people came out to vote.

I doubt there is any example close to this.

Kashmir ki history pata hai?There have been numerous times when terrorists have scared the voters away.Btw regarding failure of democracy read 1987 kashmir elections.

Appointing defence minister randomly on ad hoc basis when China is bullying India at borders. Height of incometence from the government failing to appoint a full time DM for a country of 1 billion population. Even capatains in gully cricket are not appointed on such ad hoc basis.

India needs a full-time defence minister as ministry cannot be run on ad hoc basis

The decision to put Arun Jaitley in charge of South Block is quite understandable. Jaitley, with his legal and political acumen, is the best bet for Prime Minister Narendra Modi after Manohar Parrikar. But time has come for the government to spell out clearly whether Jaitley continues to have double barrel portfolios for time to come or appoint someone else in his place

http://www.hindustantimes.com/opinion/india-needs-a-full-time-defence-minister-as-ministry-cannot-be-run-on-ad-hoc-basis/story-WXQXaEKx2dO0wBhClRj8vI.html

And the interest of our defence minister lies in 

Jaitley warns BCCI against stubborn stance

The prospect of the BCCI adopting the Lodha Committee recommendations is now stronger as Arun Jaitley, the Indian finance minister and an eminent lawyer, has asked the board to not confront Supreme Court, which approved the reforms last July.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1108167.html

Can't believe BJP hasn't found a better replacement yet.

He is giving competition to Nehru wrt aggression from China.

What is your issue?Jaitley giving advise to BCCI or He holding 2 pirtfolios?

China has been giving a befitting response and thats why now their spokesperson are trying to play the victim card.

Demonetisation complete failure? 97% of banned notes back in banks: Report

The Modi government has defended its move saying the benefits of demonetisation will create an impact on the country's economy in the long run.

The govt hasnt even declared the exact quantum of money that was deposited.All this is shooting in the dark.

Add economic slowdown to the list

Indian economy: Latest GDP estimates show the worst is not over

Finally, we have the numbers we have been waiting for. The latest GDP estimates are out, showing how the Indian economy steadily decelerated through the past year — a slide that got only worse with demonetisation. For the full year ended March 31, economic growth slowed to 7.1% from 8% a year earlier, and slipped sharply to 6.1% in the January-March quarter — the slowest in 13 quarters. The numbers vindicate what critics of demonetisation had predicted. These also deflate the government’s claim that the economic pain from its November 8 decision to scrap high-value currency notes would be temporary, with limited impact. Yet, most policy makers continue to be in denial.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/columns/indian-economy-the-worst-is-not-over-yet/story-rYPeuzZCBepfQtmf7jJseK.html

Was this not expected after DeMo?As everyone including World Bank and IMF explained this is temporary and the gdp growth hit 6.6% in last quarter and will hit 7 by the end of the year.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

black money wasnt the only purpose of demonetization. Our banking system was in dumps due to bad loans. Demonetization helped infusing a lot of money back in the banking system.

Please don't make me laugh.

Demonetization had zilch impact on banking NPA.They have only gotten worse if anything due to demonetization lol

Because lot of MSME units crashed due to lack of cash during the demonetization period

Edited by BeautifulGame

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Only positive from this Govt so far has been GST. Irrespective which govt initiated it, it is a good move. There are concerns about rates, but I hope that will change in future. 

your GST would not be completely successful if not for Demonetisation . Talk to any trader or small/mid businessmen , they have nothing good to say about GST .I think you can figure why .

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Was this not expected after DeMo?As everyone including World Bank and IMF explained this is temporary and the gdp growth hit 6.6% in last quarter and will hit 7 by the end of the year.

Some "economists" predicted even the economy shrinking .

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Another example of 'knowledge' from WhatsApp! There is a complete bankruptcy of knowledge and thought. If you don't know economics and how the banking system works, the least you can do is refrain from believing garbage being peddled out from RSS shakhas and the BJP social media cell.

As for the OP, Modi has screwed up every single facet of the country right from the economy, its institutions like RBI and army, to its society. There were problems before but Modi is leading India down a path of a totalitarian Hindutva state. His government is like Stalin's in economic policies with things like demonetization and the all pervasiveness of the state through instruments like Aadhaar and like Hitler's in social terms in the dehumanization and systemic targeting of minorities. To top it off it is the wet dream of crony capitalists who are looting the exchequer. 

However, the Hindu society has become radicalized to the extent that they are willing to go through any 'hardship' as long as the minorities and downtrodden are getting screwed. That is something which Modi achieved with aplomb in his Gujarat model and is doing so in India now. There is literally no shortage of people I've met who have told me that they voted for Modi continuously in Gujarat not because of any fairy tale development but because he was strong enough to show Muslims their place in '02 and kept them there by isolating them systemically in ghettos. The same is being done throughout India now and will continue in alignment with the RSS vision of making India a Hindu Rashtra. If, and most likely it appears true, Modi isn't stopped in '19 India can kiss goodbye to its constitution like Turkey just did to Erdogan. 

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Please don't make me laugh.

Demonetization had zilch impact on banking NPA.They have only gotten worse if anything due to demonetization lol

Because lot of MSME units crashed due to lack of cash during the demonetization period

I agree it had not impact on NPA , infact if anything  it would have only got marginally worse .

MSMES units struggled cos they had opted to deal in cash and most of them unaccounted , the whole purpose of Demonetization was exactly that . 

According to some GDP has slowed down , business is down ..but tax collection is growing at 20% ? 

4 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Another example of 'knowledge' from WhatsApp! There is a complete bankruptcy of knowledge and thought. If you don't know economics and how the banking system works, the least you can do is refrain from believing garbage being peddled out from RSS shakhas and the BJP social media cell.

As for the OP, Modi has screwed up every single facet of the country right from the economy, its institutions like RBI and army, to its society. There were problems before but Modi is leading India down a path of a totalitarian Hindutva state. His government is like Stalin's in economic policies with things like demonetization and the all pervasiveness of the state through instruments like Aadhaar and like Hitler's in social terms in the dehumanization and systemic targeting of minorities. To top it off it is the wet dream of crony capitalists who are looting the exchequer. 

However, the Hindu society has become radicalized to the extent that they are willing to go through any 'hardship' as long as the minorities and downtrodden are getting screwed. That is something which Modi achieved with aplomb in his Gujarat model and is doing so in India now. There is literally no shortage of people I've met who have told me that they voted for Modi continuously in Gujarat not because of any fairy tale development but because he was strong enough to show Muslims their place in '02 and kept them there by isolating them systemically in ghettos. The same is being done throughout India now and will continue in alignment with the RSS vision of making India a Hindu Rashtra. If, and most likely it appears true, Modi isn't stopped in '19 India can kiss goodbye to its constitution like Turkey just did to Erdogan. 

sirji , I have seen more watsapp forwards claiming Demonetization was planned to bail out Banks . This was the theory floating around during Nov and Dec . So its not one way traffic , we see nonesense from both sides and I could share a few GST theories which have come come across lately , but then you may just agree with them cos its anti-BJP. 

28 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

sirji , I have seen more watsapp forwards claiming Demonetization was planned to bail out Banks . This was the theory floating around during Nov and Dec . So its not one way traffic , we see nonesense from both sides and I could share a few GST theories which have come come across lately , but then you may just agree with them cos its anti-BJP. 

I don't even oppose GST (improvements can be made to it), but good attempt trying to second guess me. As a supporter of BJP, you should be asking Modi why he opposed GST while he was in opposition for several years. Oh yeah, it was because he wanted criminal proceedings to be dropped against a murderer and made lame excuses like there is no 24 hour power supply and internet connection in India. I am guessing India now has 24 hour power supply and internet all across the country. 

I agree it had not impact on NPA , infact if anything  it would have only got marginally worse .

MSMES units struggled cos they had opted to deal in cash and most of them unaccounted , the whole purpose of Demonetization was exactly that . 

According to some GDP has slowed down , business is down ..but tax collection is growing at 20% ? 

This is another myth spread by Modi Govt

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/C4Q8mpskSbfEzmG8ZWBY9H/Can-we-measure-demonetisations-impact-on-income-tax-collect.html

There is no significant increase in income tax payers.Infact Modi's disclosure scheme bought tax revenue up.detailed study will tell you that the increase in number of tax payerd is just what it was previous year

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk