Where's the Laxman is selfish thread?

Mr. Wicket

Yet again, he failed to shield a lower order batsman in a partnership down the order. RP Singh's highest score before this is 17 in tests - where are finey and co. to question what the hell was VVS thinking by taking singles on the 2nd ball of an over, letting RP face Clark and Tait for the rest of an over and playing only for his average/not-out?

In fact, my criticism of Laxman is the rash stroke he got out to. He should have shown the same faith in Ishant as he did in RP Singh and taken it from there. Once the tail starts to feel a bit confident they have the best chance of scoring because of the field placings. The main batsman will generally get at the most two runs for a risk. Not worth it, IMO. Lee was already in his 4/5th over.

No, it's a pattern that regularly occurs on here when either VVS or Tendulkar is batting with the tail. Then: -Batsman takes singles early in the over, aims to get maximum runs in the partnership by expecting the tailenders to also bat properly and benefit from an overattacking field with the boundary unprotected. - fineleg/others start threads while howling and tearing their hair out in rage, screaming to anyone who'll listen that the batsman is selfish, plays for his average only and will rather let the tail get out with this terrible method of batting w/ the tail rather than getting out, taking risks and protecting the tail. - Partnership keeps growing. - Tailend batsman bats with increasing application, scoring at a good pace and frustrating the hell out of the other team. - Posts keep flying as to how selfish VVS is and how he can't do more than take singles. - Partnership ends eventually, usually for far higher than most of us would expect. - Egg lands on face. :D So I wanna know - either - where's the thread, so I can enjoy the laughs that come from said egg on face, or... are riya/fineleg/other great fonts of cricketing knowledge actually LEARNING that (shudder) they might be wrong... and Laxman/Tendulkar/Waugh/Chappell/Martyn a hell of a lot of other batsmen might be right?

No, it's a pattern that regularly occurs on here when either VVS or Tendulkar is batting with the tail. Then: -Batsman takes singles early in the over, aims to get maximum runs in the partnership by expecting the tailenders to also bat properly and benefit from an overattacking field with the boundary unprotected. - fineleg/others start threads while howling and tearing their hair out in rage, screaming to anyone who'll listen that the batsman is selfish, plays for his average only and will rather let the tail get out with this terrible method of batting w/ the tail rather than getting out, taking risks and protecting the tail. - Partnership keeps growing. - Tailend batsman bats with increasing application, scoring at a good pace and frustrating the hell out of the other team. - Posts keep flying as to how selfish VVS is and how he can't do more than take singles. - Partnership ends eventually, usually for far higher than most of us would expect. - Egg lands on face. :D So I wanna know - either - where's the thread, so I can enjoy the laughs that come from said egg on face, or... are riya/fineleg/other great fonts of cricketing knowledge actually LEARNING that (shudder) they might be wrong... and Laxman/Tendulkar/Waugh/Chappell/Martyn a hell of a lot of other batsmen might be right?
Well Said