Who do you think is the culprit behind yesterday's defeat to West Indies?

13 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Glad that some one mentioned this . Am sure we will find replacements for slow players , but do we have players who put a price on their wicket ? 

Thing is there is so much hatred for seniors after CT loss and before(not totally wrong) that people find only one guy to blame or few , where captain is equally wrong who is picking them and not tryingg other youngsters. And while I mention that, at the same time young player who might have looked like trying to go for the win, did not exactly stay till the end to finish the game.

But then its fine. I and you and many others did not wake up on time every time for our work or school or class every day and scored 'A' every time perhaps. So its fine to fail or not succeed and hopefully Pandya will only learn.

We need to keep giving him chances like this and and to many other youngsters.  This is what Yuvi and other youngsters back in the early 2000 used to do too, they used to fail also and after failures used to produce some good knocks. So fine to see the youngsters failing at times as long as they looked like that they are capable of playing at the international level, and Pandya has showed that he has the potential to stay on the wicket, and it is only matter of time hopefully that he starts winning us games with the bat too or start putting price on his wicket.

4 minutes ago, Tendu_10 said:

tendu recommending shastri doesnt mean he is some mumbaikar mafioso.

n behind rahane in the team.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/12123/10671357/ajinkya-rahane-says-advice-from-sachin-tendulkar-helped-his-batting

I wonder what advice he got from Maharashtra cricket and this statement is very sketchy bro

http://m.timesofindia.com/top-stories/Ajinkya-Rahane-will-make-us-proud-Sachin-Tendulkar/articleshow/47890245.cms

All these indicates his planning and plotting.. He wants Maharasta boys only in the team... 

Rahane

Rohit

No ball bumrah 

Pandya (MI)

Partiv who played few tests few days back (MI)

Something just doesn't seem right you know:antijinx:

Well who said Kohli just has friends in the Indian team ?   Except the Australian team who Kohli refused to be friends with , He's got friends all over -  He showed that in the Finals against Pak  and now he's being the goodwill ambassador against the West Indies letting them win some - all part of his master plan to be voted the most cooperative captain in world cricket :ahaa:

We somehow play the same set of players every time with very few debuting in actual series forgetting that zim tour. All the other inclusions are mostly forced due to lack of such options or other guys losing form badly. If raina was scoring okayish pandya would never have been selected or jadhav either.

19 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

5942c45dcc7ab_SachinTendulkarFunnyPictures(2).jpg.1e7d65f85b2a16777a6843547e625cd5.jpg

This guy he was plotting behind so he could make his Mumbai lobby boy Rohit sharma captain and take us back to those dark days of 90s

You can't be serious ? You are accusing a man who gave up captaincy cause he felt he wasn't the right person to lead. 

I know most are blaming batsman starting with Dhoni but this is what happens when you send a tired squad right out of a high profile tournament against a mediocre team. Low intensity usually leads to failure, same had happened against BD when we lost ODI series 1-2. 

30 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

You can't be serious ? You are accusing a man who gave up captaincy cause he felt he wasn't the right person to lead

Are you sure about that ? He was thrown out in 1997 without even being informed and he wants to quit cricket at that time... He said it in his documentary himself :bow: 

More source 

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/india-in-australia/top-stories/Unceremonious-sacking-as-captain-was-humiliating-Sachin-Tendulkar/articleshow/45056618.cms

Edited by Rasgulla
17 hours ago, Vilander said:

Am i the only one genuinely happy for windies. did you see those guys dancing...i mean they are winning an ODI at home against us..it ment more for them and they did well.

The pitch was difficult to bat on, Rahane scored ( slow but scored), top order bottled up ( problem ?), DK needs to go away and not come back, Pandya and jadeja need to come up the order and put a price on their wicket.

Dhoni may be needs to think what he is doing with his legacy, he is a great ODI player and there comes a time when it is good to get out while the decision is still his.

Pant needs to debut pronto, Pandey/Rahul need to come back into the scheme quickly. They all need to get 40 odd games prior to WC to be ready.

Its time for this madness to end, Dhoni/Yuvi should have never traveled to WI for this series and Kohli needs to show results after lettign Kumble go.

Rahane was scoring at over 100 SR one point, 22 of 21, but he scored his last 38 runs in 70 balls and most of those were in partnership with Dhoni. 

16 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Are you sure about that ? He was thrown out in 1997 without even being informed and he wants to quit cricket at that time... He said it in his documentary himself :bow: 

More source 

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/india-in-australia/top-stories/Unceremonious-sacking-as-captain-was-humiliating-Sachin-Tendulkar/articleshow/45056618.cms

huh .. i dont even remember that 

21 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

Biggest culprit is kaptaan kohli,for showing zero vision and taking the team backwards,i honestly liked dhoni as a captain even in his last few years better than this guy.

No matter what this site says there is daylight between dhoni and others when it comes to odi captaincy. Kohli hasn't won anything as odi captain yet. The odi series vs eng was bat v bat. T20s were nothing to judge his captaincy properly. First major opportunity and he failed miserably. 

2 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

More source 

Wow lol. Some major myths spread by people are being busted. I always knew he left the captaincy. :giggle:

20 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

No matter what this site says there is daylight between dhoni and others when it comes to odi captaincy. Kohli hasn't won anything as odi captain yet. The odi series vs eng was bat v bat. T20s were nothing to judge his captaincy properly. First major opportunity and he failed miserably. 

People don't realize how close the England series was - we won the decider because Jadhav played an absolute freak of an innings - connecting with a big number of low percentage shots - not comparing him to Fakhar Zaman, because he's way better than him, but kindof like Zaman's innings in the CT final - where he took a lot of risks and they all worked in his favor.   

On top of that, the one game where we defended successfully, England came within 10 runs of chasing 380 - and they only lost because Morgan got out at the wrong time - 10 more balls and he would have won it for them.     I don't think Virat has much to brag about in terms of his captaincy in that home ODI series.   He has yet to really demonstrate any type of tactical achievement in any ODI.   Arguably, even the tests his captaincy hasn't been that great.  Recall the must-win Bangalore test, where he didn't bowl Jadeja for so long, in spite of him being clearly the most effective bowler on display.  

Edited by sandeep
People don't realize how close the England series was - we won the decider because Jadhav played an absolute freak of an innings - connecting with a big number of low percentage shots - not comparing him to Fakhar Zaman, because he's way better than him, but kindof like Zaman's innings in the CT final - where he took a lot of risks and they all worked in his favor.   

On top of that, the one game where we defended successfully, England came within 10 runs of chasing 380 - and they only lost because Morgan got out at the wrong time - 10 more balls and he would have won it for them.     I don't think Virat has much to brag about in terms of his captaincy in that home ODI series.   He has yet to really demonstrate any type of tactical achievement in any ODI.   Arguably, even the tests his captaincy hasn't been that great.  Recall the must-win Bangalore test, where he didn't bowl Jadeja for so long, in spite of him being clearly the most effective bowler on display.  

Agree completely. And for test captaincy I won't call him good/bad until he gets a full overseas season. Till then he is just average captain made to look good by the bowlers. And he has already done considerable amount of blunders in a relative small time. Starting off with the adelaide and Sydney disaster. Then in the west indies where the wi drew the test after being 46/4 overnight.

His reluctance to take the bold decisions and try youngsters is the biggest headache currently.

18 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Agree completely. And for test captaincy I won't call him good/bad until he gets a full overseas season. Till then he is just average captain made to look good by the bowlers. And he has already done considerable amount of blunders in a relative small time. Starting off with the adelaide and Sydney disaster. Then in the west indies where the wi drew the test after being 46/4 overnight.

His reluctance to take the bold decisions and try youngsters is the biggest headache currently.

But he's not Dhoni.  And Dhoni's old.  and people are bored of Dhoni's words.   And Virat is "Kewl".  And "aggressive".   Most importantly he's not MS.  For some, that's all that matters.

But he's not Dhoni.  And Dhoni's old.  and people are bored of Dhoni's words.   And Virat is "Kewl".  And "aggressive".   Most importantly he's not MS.  For some, that's all that matters.

Yes. For most winning/losing doesn't matters all that matters is the captain is not dhoni.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Yes. For most winning/losing doesn't matters all that matters is the captain is not dhoni.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

They wanted him so bad now same clowns are crying at his captaincy now:phehe::-D

How things change LOL

Edited by Rasgulla