Sign in to follow this  
Austin 3:!6

What is Kohli's prejudice towards Rishabh Pant?

Not saying Pant would be guranteed success in international cricket but it is unacceptable that you take a young player on low profile tour and dont give a single game.

I can also understand that you play your best XI for first few matches but he is not even giving Rishabh Pant a chance in dead rubbers. What the hell is that?

Yuvraj Singh gets injured and instead of giving chance to a young player....he plays TTF 32 yr old Karthik. Even though he failed.. Karthik is retained for final ODI but still no Pant.

Not a single change is made to a team that just lost against WI C team.

I have followed Indian cricket for 20+ years....watched many captains...but never heard or seen someone is so biased against a player. Kohli must not forget he got multiple chances as a young cricketer and hence he became the player he is today. He has no right to ruin career of a young cricketer.

Seems like this is the reason he wanted Kumble to be ousted so that he can consider our national team as his private property.

GTFO Man

A frustrated fan

---------------------------------------------

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Stubbornness.   

Is there any other reason why Bhuvi is rested for the last 2 matches while Yaaaadav gets to phailao his raita ahead of him today?   VK wants to follow his own gut. Tailunt over pujara, Yadav over Bhuvi, Karthik ahead of Pant, because VK says so.  Logic, performance, coaches be damned, in spite of not having proven its effectiveness.   

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stubbornness.   

Is there any other reason why Bhuvi is rested for the last 2 matches while Yaaaadav gets to phailao his raita ahead of him today?   VK wants to follow his own gut. Tailunt over pujara, Yadav over Bhuvi, Karthik ahead of Pant, because VK says so.  Logic, performance, coaches be damned, in spite of not having proven its effectiveness.   

Yadav is part of Cornerstone while Bhuvi is not. 

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Seems Kohli is intimidated by young players. If Pant does well it will lead for calls to give other youngsters a chance which would destabilise Kohli's long rope & friends club.

+1. He cant risk brand Kohli

What I fear is Pant will get chances in T20s where he will bat lower down and will get opportunities in situations where he has to go from ball 1....these will be obviously hit and miss scenarios....if he does well then because it is T20 he will become an overnight superstar, I mean how many casual followers even  know who Karun Nair is despite getting a 300 in tests say against someone like Yusuf Pathan.

If he fails then either he will be called a hack by ICF or dumped by the selectors for the foreseeable future.

Thats the problem with a hit and miss t20 format especially when you get chances to bat in a position that is hit and miss

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

What I fear is Pant will get chances in T20s where he will bat lower down and will get opportunities in situations where he has to go from ball 1....these will be obviously hit and miss scenarios....if he does well then because it is T20 he will become an overnight superstar, I mean how many casual followers even  know who Karun Nair is despite getting a 300 in tests say against someone like Yusuf Pathan.

If he fails then either he will be called a hack by ICF or dumped by the selectors for the foreseeable future.

Thats the problem with a hit and miss t20 format especially when you get chances to bat in a position that is hit and miss

If Pant has the goods, he'll get through.  Hardik Pandya made it in through the T20 route.  

Just now, sandeep said:

If Pant has the goods, he'll get through.  Hardik Pandya made it in through the T20 route.  

Pandya was dropped after Wt20 iirc...even though he "technically" won that famous game against Bangladesh in Wt20,people still thought he was raw and not that impressive.

His ODI performances against Nzl is what kind of stabilized him

If you are talking about IPL then sure Pant stood out in IPL as well but I am talking about international chances.

Just now, maniac said:

Pandya was dropped after Wt20 iirc...even though he "technically" won that famous game against Bangladesh in Wt20,people still thought he was raw and not that impressive.

His ODI performances against Nzl is what kind of stabilized him

If you are talking about IPL then sure Pant stood out in IPL as well but I am talking about international chances.

But he got those NZ ODI chances because of his T20 efforts.  Pant will hopefully do the same.  

@sandeep players like Pandya(both bros) Pant Samson will get more opportunities than the average domestic player because they are IPL stars...but they will get to show their mettle at T20 level .  For an allrounder it is relatively easier as if he fails with the bat he can pick up buckets of wickets in t20 format given the nature of the format. It is not that easy for a batsman to show what he has in that format.

Not making excuses already for a potential failure for Pant in T20...all I am saying is Odi format will give us a better idea if he really has it

Edited by maniac

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

all I am saying is Odi format will give us a better idea if he really has it

Agreed.  

I think you are overly anxious on Rishabh - he's been anointed as the first among the next keeper prospects, he will get his chance.   I'm more worried about Samson - I think he could be a quality ODI opener for us, and want him in the mix.   Samson, Shreyas Iyer, - these guys are the next 'quality' bats coming through IMO.  I would prefer to have them get chances sooner rather than later...

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Agreed.  

I think you are overly anxious on Rishabh - he's been anointed as the first among the next keeper prospects, he will get his chance.   I'm more worried about Samson - I think he could be a quality ODI opener for us, and want him in the mix.   Samson, Shreyas Iyer, - these guys are the next 'quality' bats coming through IMO.  I would prefer to have them get chances sooner rather than later...

I am not anxious, if he fails or succeeds it's totally on him to make the best of his opportunities. Just questioning the management if it is being done the right way...applies to any youngster. Samson to got opportunities in T20 in Zim but never in the scheme of things as there was nothing much for him to show.

5 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

You could say he didn't give a chance to Kuldeep vs Aus. Part of the reason for the fallout with Kumble if rumours are to be believed.

I forgot Kuldeep :phehe:

Yeah, Kuldeep got his debut under Rahane. 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So far the oldies that came back under kohli

Yuvi

Bhajji

GAmbhir 

karthik 

Parthiv ( chalo ye xample chodh diya)

To be fair, Yuvi DK, and Gambo all were part of the team under Dhoni as well. Yuvi makes a return to the team every ICC tournament, just like in the last WT20. Karthik played in CT 2013 and Gambo played in our last tour of England. 

Parthiv only came because Saha was injured. 

Bhajji is the only one that seems to really come out of nowhere during Kohli's captaincy.

The great man from Ranchi a village idiot and his conspiracy's are stopping pants inclusion.

Oh C'mmon dont be naive. MSD is no longer captain....ball in Kohli's court to take bold decisions and introduce young talent. Why blame Dhoni??

Are you saying Dhoni is still pulling the string back doors? Then its even more evident that Kohli dont deserve to be a captain for being so spineless.

When Dhoni became captain in 2008...he took bold decisions and removed all oldies from the team. That team which had so many legends. Why cant Kohli be authoritative? Even if that means removing Dhoni?

Kohli is playing to the gallery and for Bunty Sajdeh without thinking about Indian cricket.

11 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Oh C'mmon dont be naive. MSD is no longer captain....ball in Kohli's court to take bold decisions and introduce young talent. Why blame Dhoni??

Are you saying Dhoni is still pulling the string back doors? Then its even more evident that Kohli dont deserve to be a captain for being so spineless.

When Dhoni became captain in 2008...he took bold decisions and removed all oldies from the team. That team which had so many legends. Why cant Kohli be authoritative? Even if that means removing Dhoni?

Kohli is playing to the gallery and for Bunty Sajdeh without thinking about Indian cricket.

Don't feed the troll

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Agreed.  

Few years back under19s used to be a tatkal entry to team India. Some like jadeja rohit ishant frustrated the selectors so much that they have now almost closed that option and now solely rely on proven consistent domestic performances. Ironically, the culprits who are the reason for this mindset have gone on to have better careers later on and now have assured places in the team.

13 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Few years back under19s used to be a tatkal entry to team India. Some like jadeja rohit ishant frustrated the selectors so much that they have now almost closed that option and now solely rely on proven consistent domestic performances. Ironically, the culprits who are the reason for this mindset have gone on to have better careers later on and now have assured places in the team.

All three Rohit, Ishant and Jadeja don't have assured places in the team. Maybe only Jadeja for time being in tests. Assured place is only of kohli in ODI.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.