Still trying to make sense of playing n giving chances to dinesh kartik

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

why would kohli be insecure ,he is a superstar n legend ,what cant he simply understand dinesh kartik adds nothing to side at present or for future or he simply doesnt care?

Insecure of his buddies losing their spot if some youngster takes it away with some good performances. 

VK has a very old school approach to 'earning' selection.  I remember a few years ago when he was given the captaincy for one of those Zimbabwe tours where we selected a bunch of developmental prospects in the squad - Parvez Rasool made the squad, and even with India winning every single game of the series, VK never gave him a game.   He may even have said something about the senior players being fit and available, so why should I deprive them of the opportunity.  

22 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i can still digest pant not given chances but playing dk ,is this some kind of joke or something.mind boggling,baffling lol wtf is going on 

Am one of the few who rate DK very highly , I know he will disappoint again and probably undeserving , but am still fine . :)

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

VK has a very old school approach to 'earning' selection.  I remember a few years ago when he was given the captaincy for one of those Zimbabwe tours where we selected a bunch of developmental prospects in the squad - Parvez Rasool made the squad, and even with India winning every single game of the series, VK never gave him a game.   He may even have said something about the senior players being fit and available, so why should I deprive them of the opportunity.  

Did Dhoni play in that series ? otherwise it makes no sense . He makes killer team selection when MS is not around #icflogic

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Did Dhoni play in that series ? otherwise it makes no sense . He makes killer team selection when MS is not around #icflogic

Karthik was keeper that series, MS was 'rested', that's why VK was Skipper in that 2013 Zim tour.  Rasool rode the bench for 5 ODIs, inspite of a 5-0 scoreline.  I don't think that can be attributed to agents and Bunty etc all that nonsense.   You can see the pattern in VK's thinking - he is not a guy who's open to giving the bench players a game for the sake of it.   

14 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Am one of the few who rate DK very highly , I know he will disappoint again and probably undeserving , but am still fine . :)

look at england giving chance to every young player they have in reserve ,last game morgan sat out to play malan and he became man of match and look at kohli's thinking,playing kartik is akin englang bringing back ian bell

Edited by SK_IH
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

let me add to this ,he amazingly stumped michael vaughan on his debut 

You can complain that the CT was 4 years ago, but his performance in this past domestics and IPL season showed he was in form. 

He's not the main player who's in the team for past reputation. There are 3 players who deserve to be tossed before him. 

Just now, Tibarn said:

You can complain that the CT was 4 years ago, but his performance in this past domestics and IPL season showed he was in form. 

He's not the main player who's in the team for past reputation. There are 3 players who deserve to be tossed before him. 

many players had better ipl than this guy 

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

many players had better ipl than this guy 

Sure, I'm not saying he should be in the squad, I was just saying what I thought the selectors reasoning was. 

Really, I'm not sure Yuvi or DK would've played if Rahul was fit. Rahul got injured at the worst time. 

It's simple. The likes of Rahane and Karthik are backed because they can be dumped anytime for Rohit and UV. Whereas if Pant clicks right away it's incredibly hard to drop him. Notice how Karthik gets to bat at no.4 whereas they're incredibly wary about Jadhav batting higher than 6. They know ke inki ceiling itni low hai ke top order mein khel ke bhi kuchh ukhaad nahin sakte.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

It's simple. The likes of Rahane and Karthik are backed because they can be dumped anytime for Rohit and UV. Whereas if Pant clicks right away it's incredibly hard to drop him. Notice how Karthik gets to bat at no.4 whereas they're incredibly wary about Jadhav batting higher than 6. They know ke inki ceiling itni low hai ke top order mein khel ke bhi kuchh ukhaad nahin sakte.

i dont believe all this theories,kohli cant act like a traitor lol