If not Modi, then who?

Malcolm Merlyn

18 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Yogiji is amazing...I haven't seen a Neta with such Hindi speaking skills...When you listen to him, you automatically feel good and start to admire him...The only thing is he is quite short (in height) and even shorter compared to other countries' leaders... Though height is not a criterion.

The other attractive thing is the Bhagwa attire...All other country leaders will probably stand up in respect if Yogi meets them as Indian PM lol.

I am waiting on his economic credential. As a administrator he is brilliant.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:01 AM, Cricketics said:

Modi is fine, its not that others would have changed whole of India by now.

Modi, whether you like him or not, is doing whatever he can in his control and trying to build relationships with different countries. You can like some of his moves within India or not like demonetization etc, but he is trying his best to fix the mess in the country. You can criticize him for being not spot on about certain things, but that's part of this game, when you are given leadership to run the country, you can't always make moves which will make everyone happy. Some moves will also backfire and will be wrong, but eventually they all are always in it to do it for the country, and that is what Modi is doing.

He is not going on vacations, he is actually travelling all over the world, and that too in different countries for a day or two and has a busy schedule everywhere and all he is doing is to build relationships with many be it France or the Dutch.

Few days ago he landed at my workplace and in 2 hours had a meeting with Trump and some of his officials. The dude took off the next day to Netherlands. He keeps coming back and forth to various places only put "India" in front and put our agenda ahead.

Give him time and most importantly the RESPECT.

:afraid: where do you work

22 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Yar bhagwa attire represents sacrifice and spirituality, not just in India you can see Thai monks, Tibetans monks etc. They too wear same or similar attire. This attire evokes respect in many people. Do you disagree?. What is the issue if I say this?

I never suggested hindi should be enforced. If someone doesn't wanna learn it, that's fine. And if every indian speaks basic, broken hindi, that's good enough for me....Hindi is good for national integration imo.

everyone should speak broken English that should be good enough.

He needs to integrate everyone, there is too much polarization at the moment, we need a strong right wing, Hindutva so far has been weak. Need something stronger, there are districts that are becoming belligerently Islamic, states that want freedom. Need of the hour is a clear right wing alternative. Something that is pan religious ( in facts tries to keep religion out of politics) but puts Indian strategic benefit coldly at the top and does foreign policy and home land governance policies based on it. i wont mind blocks on press in certain special conditions like maoists and JK and cleaning up the mess.

The more they allow fanatical people to influence policy decisions the more people are going to equate right wing hindus with islamic extremism. 

Edited by Vilander

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Amazing job..must be very stressful

It is. I manage mostly ground controlling as soon as the Aircraft touches down or about to touch down, also is only for private planes and don't have to deal with Airlines, so fun too :) 

On 8/7/2017 at 11:25 AM, randomGuy said:

I never suggested hindi should be enforced. If someone doesn't wanna learn it, that's fine. And if every indian speaks basic, broken hindi, that's good enough for me....Hindi is good for national integration imo.

That's true however for politicians should use their native language for communication, it's a big strategic advantage. Thus, welcome change to see Modi speaking Hindi. Putin also uses russian even when he can speaks English comfortably.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

everyone should speak broken English that should be good enough.

Yes, should be able too...But when most indians start showing emotions (anger, excitment etc.) while speaking in english,  or try to show-off heavy vocabulary, they start looking like pathetic wimps...Keep that in mind when u speak it. Avoid using english when hindi can do the job.

2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Yes, should be able too...But when most indians start showing emotions (anger, excitment etc.) while speaking in english,  or try to show-off heavy vocabulary, they start looking like pathetic wimps...Keep that in mind when u speak it. Avoid using english when hindi can do the job.

Well Hindi is limited not well understood outside India so there is no scope. But yeah histrionics come out very well in Hindi.

50 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Well Hindi is limited not well understood outside India so there is no scope. But yeah histrionics come out very well in Hindi.

Are we asking non-Indians to learn it? Hindi works in India, and thus makes complete sense for every Indian to learn it. You don't have to be totally fluent but at least to a decent level.

8 hours ago, someone said:

Are we asking non-Indians to learn it? Hindi works in India, and thus makes complete sense for every Indian to learn it. You don't have to be totally fluent but at least to a decent level.

Well I am conversant if you are asking about me. But Hindi is not our national language it's one of 22 official languages and nothing special about it. It's just the present status. India has many sub nationalities hindi is one of them.

9 hours ago, someone said:

besides you can not ask any one to learn any language its an individuals prerogative and for legal official communications you have official languages 22 of them, nothing can change that people wont allow that to change. :bebored:

Edited by Vilander

21 hours ago, Cricketics said:

It is. I manage mostly ground controlling as soon as the Aircraft touches down or about to touch down, also is only for private planes and don't have to deal with Airlines, so fun too :) 

oh nice man...

if some politically convenient yogi ? becomes indian PM imagine his meetings with foreign blond reporters...lol more crazy **** than recent events with Modi...man it would be fun to read at least.

The more i read the posts from modi bhakts the more i believe they are similar to mullas. God save the country.

Edited by Vilander

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Well I am conversant if you are asking about me. But Hindi is not our national language it's one of 22 official languages and nothing special about it. It's just the present status. India has many sub nationalities hindi is one of them.

Good to know.

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Good to know.

its purely my choice btw. Choice of what songs i liked when i was 12, what movies i watched when i was 12 ...totally a choice. It can never be mandated, India a a federated union and as integrated as it can get given the diversity any stupid right wing attempts to homogenize it artificially will play into the enemies hands. Which wont be allowed to happen.

31 minutes ago, Vilander said:

its purely my choice btw. Choice of what songs i liked when i was 12, what movies i watched when i was 12 ...totally a choice. It can never be mandated, India a a federated union and as integrated as it can get given the diversity any stupid right wing attempts to homogenize it artificially will play into the enemies hands. Which wont be allowed to happen.

It was our choice...And making you believe that it was your choice is also part of the plan. ;)

4 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

It was our choice...And making you believe that it was your choice is also part of the plan. ;)

lol seems your are too thick to learn. Live for as long as you please in a fools paradise, while you are at it when you head down to Bangalore next time for your bread and butter, try telling a local there that he must learn Hindi as its the national language. Do come back and post your experience.