Sign in to follow this  
StriKe

Rohit returns for Sri Lanka Tests; Nair dropped

Squad: Virat Kohli (C), Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Rohit Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhimann Saha (wk), Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammad Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Abhinav Mukund.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95719/indian-cricket-team-rohit-sharma-returns-for-sri-lanka-tests-karun-nair-dropped

Rohit averaged nearly 80 in his last series (against Newzealand) before Injury.

Ishant was our best bowler in 2015 in Srilanka when we won.

It's not really a surprise both are selected.

If anything is ridiculous in that selection it's that we are going into an overseas tour without back up keeper .

53 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

If anything is ridiculous in that selection it's that we are going into an overseas tour without back up keeper .

Totally expected someone to bring this argument in defense of Ishant. lmao. :giggle: Thought expressbowling would. :noidea:

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

If you play cricket you can contact kohli and try your luck. Kohli has obsessions with Sharma. :laugh:

Wanted to become a cricketer then i realised how bad was i so i gave up the dream , already our team use to suck in 90s so i gave a sacrifice.....

But looking at our current sharma's ....i think i shudnt have 

1 min kohli ko call laga ke aata hu

Me: hello, kohli

Kohli: whose dis??

ME: Main sharma bol rha hu

Kohli: Erre aapki jagah phone pe nahin playing 11 men banti hai sir 

Nair was horrible against pace anyways, but i expected Iyer to be in the team, the boy hasn't done anything wrong. It is  time to get one youngster in the team given all of the boys are in same age group now. No vision shown again.

pLAYING X1 for the first test should be...Its unfortunate but Kuldeep will miss out.
3rd spinner is always underbowled.

Rahul/Vijay/Pujara/Kohli/Rahane/Saha/Hardik/Ashwin/Jadega/Shami/Yadav

19 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

He forgot to specify the gender. Only Males

Not really. He is equal opportunity captain and doesn't discriminate based on sex. He does discriminate on the basis of language and region( Punjabi and delhi yarana) though.

N.B:  Not meant to be taken seriously. :p:

Edited by Pollack

13 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Still backing Ishant Sharma are we? :headshake:

6 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

Still backing Ishant Sharma are we? :headshake:

Ishant Sharma has lot of experience and as someone says above has won us many "Test" series. Let us not confuse Ishant the LOI bowler with the test bowler. He surely got it what it takes to pick wickets in test matches. 

Rohit had an average of 80+ in his last series before he got unfortunately  injured...everyone then felt he has cemented his place for now.

People lose subjectivity and have this irrational hate when it comes to Rohit.

As far as Nair goes based on his 300 knock he should have got a few more opportunities....Sure a guy who hit a 300 against a top line team is talented but however it was so obvious to see that he was still undercooked at the international level. Harsh truth-He wasn't very impressive apart from that 1 freak knock but also harsh that he was dumped...deserved some more chances.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rohit had an average of 80+ in his last series before he got unfortunately  injured...everyone then felt he has cemented his place for now.

People lose subjectivity and have this irrational hate when it comes to Rohit.

As far as Nair goes based on his 300 knock he should have got a few more opportunities....Sure a guy who hit a 300 against a top line team is talented but however it was so obvious to see that he was still undercooked at the international level. Harsh truth-He wasn't very impressive apart from that 1 freak knock but also harsh that he was dumped...deserved some more chances.

rohit vs kulasekara :fear:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.