Ravi Shastri new India head coach

LMAO. Every cricket follower around the world knew this would happen. It's so obvious. Cannot believe BCCI wasted so much time, money and resources for this. Could have just directly handed him the post of coach. This whole episode shows that BCCI is a corrupt organization and just puts on a show to make it look like they are transparent, but clearly are not. The decision was made LONG time ago as to who will be the next coach. 

As far as Kohli is concerned, he can go to hell. This guy will win nothing of note under his captaincy especially in shorter formats.

One thing is for sure, hahane won't be getting any chance in the shorter formats under Shastri. Heard from someone that Shastri towards the end of his tenure was fed up of hahane and his batting. I guess this is the only good thing in this whole crap episode.

I don't think the CAC would have to explain anything to Kohli if Shastri was made coach. The fact that they feel the need to talk to Kohli before announcing the coach leads me to think it isn't Tracer Bullet. Kohli already knows how to work with Shastri. I may just be overthinking it though. 

5 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I don't think the CAC would have to explain anything to Kohli if Shastri was made coach. The fact that they feel the need to talk to Kohli before announcing the coach leads me to think it isn't Tracer Bullet. Kohli already knows how to work with Shastri. I may just be overthinking it though. 

It just looks PR talk to me.Probably face saving stuff and pointless excuse .

If that really was the reason they could have easily talked with Kohli through Video conference.

6 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

talked with Kohli through Video conference.

Good point. It doesn't make sense that they have to meet Kohli in person.

They may just be delaying the announcement then I guess. 

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

That's one less Indian in the commentary box then. Great news for the rest of us :D

Yeah rather listen to Waqar's Yorkshire accented urd-ish, Shoaib saying product,package,Imrun bae and star banao every other sentence or Rameez Raja sucking everyone on air regardless of ethnicity 

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

LMAO. Every cricket follower around the world knew this would happen. It's so obvious. Cannot believe BCCI wasted so much time, money and resources for this. Could have just directly handed him the post of coach. This whole episode shows that BCCI is a corrupt organization and just puts on a show to make it look like they are transparent, but clearly are not. The decision was made LONG time ago as to who will be the next coach. 

As far as Kohli is concerned, he can go to hell. This guy will win nothing of note under his captaincy especially in shorter formats.

One thing is for sure, hahane won't be getting any chance in the shorter formats under Shastri. Heard from someone that Shastri towards the end of his tenure was fed up of hahane and his batting. I guess this is the only good thing in this whole crap episode.

On rahane...that's a nice thing to hear. Shastri would have made a scene if dhoni told him to let's close the shop for that 75 runs of some 15 overs chase in a test in Windies. I'm optimistic about future.

Yeah rather listen to Waqar's Yorkshire accented urd-ish, Shoaib saying product,package,Imrun bae and star banao every other sentence or Rameez Raja sucking everyone on air regardless of ethnicity 

Doesn't get any worse than Indian commentators (apart from Bhogle).

What's worse, they have recently added Ajay Jadeja.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

The whole process was a scam. After Kumble was ousted clearly players made their liking known to CAC. Do you really believe these things wouldn't be discussed by CAC outside formallu announced official meetings? It doesn't matter who convinced whom to apply. Effectively all three reluctantly or willingly agreed on Shastri's name before Shastri was convinced to apply. This is amply clear since Shastri had made it known he will only apply if he gets the job. But I think logical thinking is lost in anger for many ICFers.

To be fair, the process by which Kumble was appointed wasn't too pretty.  Just because we all agree that AK is a stand-up guy does not excuse that.  

Second, I think we are selling Shastri short here.  I am not a big fan of the guy, but he was also a tough cricketer who punched way above his weight.  I am all for giving him a good shot at this venture.  His success is Team India's success and that's all I care about.  

Finally, the him vs. him battles (AK vs RJS, MSD vs VK, Mumbai vs everyone else) that we create here on ICF are silly.  You criticize MSD and you are labeled a VK fanboy.  You support RJS because he coaches your team and you are labeled an AK hater.  Doesn't work that way.