Ravi Shastri new India head coach

My initial choice was Moody but who cares if Shastri is the coach. If Shastri can bring good results and keep the team happy and the team's performance consistent, then it is good. He did do decent in his first tenure as the interim coach

All the best to this new era.

I think Shastri is foing to do well. India is going to win many big trophies and series.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

My initial choice was Moody but who cares if Shastri is the coach. If Shastri can bring good results and keep the team happy and the team's performance consistent, then it is good. He did do decent in his first tenure as the interim coach

I think Shastri is foing to do well. India is going to win many big trophies and series.

:hysterical: defense statement is here folks!!!

1 minute ago, maniac said:

:hysterical: defense statement is here folks!!!

You are being insecure if you want to blame Shastri already about Mumbai lobby even before his term has started.

All those blaming should wait for at least six months and then judge him before jumping on this agenda that Mumbai Lobby will be active. Thats BS. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

How many

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

You are being insecure if you want to blame Shastri already about Mumbai lobby even before his term has started.

All those blaming should wait for at least six months and then judge him before jumping on this agenda that Mumbai Lobby will be active. Thats BS. 

There is no Mumbai lobby...and trust me I am a Mumbai sympathizer as well....this is just crap politics picking favorites and yes men.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Cricketics problem is not with Shastri being appointed the coach...everyone has a problem with "how Shastri became the coach the 2nd time" 

how can you seriously not see this :facepalm:

Everything with bcci is political regardless of who has been the coach all these years, so I couldn't care less how he became coach.

Even Kumble became cowch from no where when he did not have any cowching experience.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Everything with bcci is political regardless of who has been the coach all these years, so I couldn't care less how he became coach.

Even Kumble became cowch from no where when he did not have any cowching experience.

He performed better than Shastri even though I was vocal about his appointment as well.

Kumble over Shastri any day

1 minute ago, maniac said:

There is no Mumbai lobby...and trust me I am a Mumbai sympathizer as well....this is just crap politics picking favorites and yes men.

Would you rather have a disgruntled captain like kohli with kumble at the helm and constant disagreements if rumors are true or would you have a happy kohli and his yes man shastri?

6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Would you rather have a disgruntled captain like kohli with kumble at the helm and constant disagreements if rumors are true or would you have a happy kohli and his yes man shastri?

Neither. We had better options in Moody/Simmons/Lalchand/ Richards. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

He might have but since he is not the coach or did not apply for the 2nd term, then why compare him.

whats done is done. We can compare Shastri with Moody or Mcdermott now etc who missed out

Exactly and once again willful blindness of missing the obvious....the fact that Moody and McDermott were overwritten and Shastri came back is what people are questioning...you can spin this any way you want.  

35 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Yep. They are setting him up to become the fall guy if our batting fails. Same with Zaheer is bowling fails. Shastri is there just for pep talk.

if fielding fails- sridhar will be blamed.

if batting fails-Dravid will be blamed..batting can only fail overseas not on indian Patta's.

if bowling fails- ZAK will be blamed.

if all 3 fail...All 3 will be blamed.

Cheer leader will dance with Ladies.

10 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Well if coach and captain have constant disagreements you don't give in to one over the other. Player power is harmful. As I said Kumble may be the worst human being alive for all we know but the very fact that the initial captain choice came back shows things might have been made miserable for Kumble.

unless something concrete comes up,Kohli is looking bad in this scenario based on what we know.