Ponting unhappy with india odi glut

MELBOURNE, Feb 8: Australia captain Ricky Ponting has voiced fears that an overload of matches against India could leave Australia unable to play other nations on a regular basis. Ponting's comments came following news Australia and India are set to play three, and possibly five, matches in Belfast, Northern Ireland this June. Ponting's side will also tour India in October to play seven ODIs, and then host the same opposition from December in four Tests and a tri-series in early 2008, which also involves Sri Lanka. "From a player's point of view, you'd like to be playing all the teams around the world on a more consistent basis,"Ponting said. "But that's just the way it is. That's programming. No matter how hard you work at programming, it's pretty hard to get it right 100 per cent of the time." ----------------------------------------------- I think he has a point

Re: Ponting unhappy with india odi glut Ponting is right on the money this time. All the BCCI cares about is revenue and now it has reached a ridiculous stage. Plus all these are stupid slam-bang ODIs. I would be highly surprised if Australia field their full regular team in these games.

Re: Ponting unhappy with india odi glut

Ponting is right on the money this time. All the BCCI cares about is revenue and now it has reached a ridiculous stage. Plus all these are stupid slam-bang ODIs. I would be highly surprised if Australia field their full regular team in these games.
beggars cant be choosers...

Re: Ponting unhappy with india odi glut It is not India's problems nor BCCI's. I think Ponting should have closed door discussion with his bosses and not with the media. Clearly he wanted to be in the news hence this statement to the media. If you have problems with the fixtures ACB sets up whom should he be talking to? As usual Ponting is barking up the wrong tree.

Re: Ponting unhappy with india odi glut or the number of ODIs Australia is playing England in one single series, the commonwealth series or the number of ODIs they have to play NZ this summer. To put it mildly Aussies want to play only England this often. :lol: