Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
express bowling

India A team's tour of South Africa

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

There's an argument to be made that LOI cricket ruined these players' development.  Rohit's FC numbers before he became an ODI regular were in the 60s IIRC.  I initially thought he would do better in tests as opposed to ODIs, had high hopes for him to be that next quality Bombay bat.  Let's hope Iyer's game and attitude both mature a bit - as of now, he's a young 20-something multi-millionaire who wants to be a 'superstar'.   And appears to be prioritizing his high-scoring game (also high paying - to be fair) ahead of a tighter 'test' batting technique.  

No offense but the last quality bat from Bombay was tendulkar. That's about it. Haven't seen anyone after him.

Share this post


Link to post

As I hoped, Rajpoot has emerged as the standout pacer from India in this match despite getting no game time in LoIs as well as the last FC. With due respect to the Kauls and Sirajs who seem to have recently cropped up and become talking points, Rajpoot ought to be well ahead of them in the pecking order, both in terms of achievements and talent.

Edited by sarchasm

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

As I hoped, Rajpoot has emerged as the standout pacer from India in this match despite getting no game time in LoIs as well as the last FC. With due respect to the Kauls and Sirajs who seem to have recently cropped up and become talking points, Rajpoot ought to be well ahead of them in the pecking order, both in terms of achievements and talent.

Kaul has not cropped up recently. In fact, he has been the oldest of them all. He is from Kohli U19 batch. I wish Pradeep Sangwan was also a part of this squad.

Share this post


Link to post

Ah ha we need 224 to Square the series 1/1 I think plenty of time left, On day 4, Rajpoot/Gotham and Nadeem restrict SA A in further 39 runs only,lost 6 wickets.S.Cook remains 70 not out.

 

136

34

98

70*

====

338 IN 4 INNINGS

 

He is outstanding and deserves back into southafrican test team coming up test in September 28 vs Bangladesh.

 

India are 15 for 0

Edited by pnimesh1955

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Very good come back from India A bowlers ripping through their middle and lower order. Nadeem and Rajpoot both gets 3. SA A 177 all. 224 to chase in the last innings for India A. Not an easy chase still.

Good start probably ease the target. at least the game, produces results than dull tame draw

But I think 4 day game ideal for youth cricket.

 

India 15 for 0

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

India A - 67/2. Nair on 6 and Samarth on 23 at the crease.

 

I expect Nair's wicket to fall soon. But as it is just spinners bowling, he should be able to score.

He could not score against spinners yesterday and got out to a leg spinner?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Rahane.

He very weak against spin.

4 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

If in LOIs agreed, but in tests Rahane is definitely a quality bat, especially overseas which is what matters the most.

 

Edited by gattaca

Share this post


Link to post
On 20/08/2017 at 7:47 PM, SK_IH said:

 

havent seen this guy bat,but you guys think he is future ind player ?

I think he will play for India at some point , if I have to compare his statemates I would pick him ahead of Manish and Karun in terms of all round game and potential . He was at a slight disadvantage , fighting for opening spot with KL , Uthappa and Mayank  otherwise would have played 2 more seasons of domestic by now . So needs a big season soon to make an impression 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

I think he will play for India at some point , if I have to compare his statemates I would pick him ahead of Manish and Karun in terms of all round game and potential . He was at a slight disadvantage , fighting for opening spot with KL , Uthappa and Mayank  otherwise would have played 2 more seasons of domestic by now . So needs a big season soon to make an impression 

 

thanks for details,i hope this guy and that prashant chopra both open for ind A on next A tour

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, gattaca said:

No offense but the last quality bat from Bombay was tendulkar. That's about it. Haven't seen anyone after him.

Why would I be offended?  

 

Btw, who really is the next "quality bat" after Tendy's retirement?  Rohit Sharma and Rahane are from the Bombay School, and maybe the likes of Iyer, Shaw will carry the torch forward.   

Share this post


Link to post

Closing in on a win.  Great captain's knock under pressure by KKN.  I have been one of his biggest critics, but he has shown some true grit here.  Sometimes it takes a big challenge to bring out the best in some people.  And he has delivered.  Hopefully he will be there to finish off the win.

Share this post


Link to post

Note to Bawne:  Please don't waste balls trying to get KKN his century.  Go for the win.  Whether your captain makes 95 or 101, his contribution will be remembered with the same fondness.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Nair atlast scoring runs in A tour. Still has to improve a lot against seam bowling, else will end the Tailunt way.

He is pretty much like him. Rohit great against pace, but **** against spin. Nair great against spin, but **** against pace. Both complement each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, sandeep said:

Why would I be offended?  

 

Btw, who really is the next "quality bat" after Tendy's retirement?  Rohit Sharma and Rahane are from the Bombay School, and maybe the likes of Iyer, Shaw will carry the torch forward.   

Both Rohit and Rahane have flaws. Rahane is useless in spinning conditions and rohit is useless away from Indian shores. I havent Iyer or shaw.

Share this post


Link to post

Na:bebored:no one expect Nair to hit 90 but India win by 6 wits because Piedt not get support from other end.Anyway anyone know next Schedule of any A team in the  world of cricket

 

Not easy to sort out where they posted. only after 6 mos we have under 19 WC Pakistan successfully moves out of India.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Both Rohit and Rahane have flaws. Rahane is useless in spinning conditions and rohit is useless away from Indian shores. I havent Iyer or shaw.

Shaw will never play for India overnight in next 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post

Rahane is too good in test cricket who scores century in every country outside India, whose highest in SOA 96 but he will break that in 365 days.he is our better Fielder with WORLD RECIRD 8 CATCHES IN SINGLE TEST on his name.India's Yajuvendra Singh and G.Chappel hold previous record.RAHANE can even lead India, he is vice captain of India.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, SK_IH said:

thanks for details,i hope this guy and that prashant chopra both open for ind A on next A tour

Indian selection policy so rigid, they do not wants to experiments newer blood like Pakistan doing

We have option of Rahul/Rohit/Vijay/dhawan now Mukund will sits out so RAHANE was told you are 3rd opener in SL ODI.

 

Pandey deserves in SL ODI right now but he was not selected

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Kaul has not cropped up recently. In fact, he has been the oldest of them all. He is from Kohli U19 batch. I wish Pradeep Sangwan was also a part of this squad.

Way to miss the main point of my post.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, gattaca said:

Both Rohit and Rahane have flaws. Rahane is useless in spinning conditions and rohit is useless away from Indian shores. I havent Iyer or shaw.

A batsman who has done wonders in first class can no way be useless against spin. Rahane does have some issues against spin for now. Even quality batsman have some particular issues at some point of their career.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2017 at 9:01 AM, gakgupta said:

Is this tour done??

Looks like its done....right folks??

Which player are winners for India-A from this tour? And, Who didn't make it to next level according to you?

Summary?

Edited by fineleg

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fineleg said:

Which player are winners for India-A from this tour? And, Who didn't make it to next level according to you?

Summary?

 

Looked international material to me  --

 

1-day games --

 

Pandey, Iyer, Pant, Shardul, Siraj, Thampi, Axar

 

4-day games -- 

 

Did not watch but  Samarth, Siraj, Nadeem, Rajpoot   performed .....  Saini, Nair, Iyer, Sudeep were decent

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

Looked international material to me  --

 

1-day games --

 

Pandey, Iyer, Pant, Shardul, Siraj, Thampi, Axar

 

4-day games -- 

 

Did not watch but  Samarth, Siraj, Nadeem, Rajpoot   performed .....  Saini, Nair, Iyer, Sudeep were decent

 

Pandey was super clutch and consistent in the ODI leg.  Iyer had his typical performance - flashed a lot of potential, but wasn't consistent enough to really take that next step.   IMO Siraj has shown a lot of promise, purely based on the expectation to performance ratio.   For an inexperienced rookie, he has come along quite quickly.   

Share this post


Link to post

among all the 7 rookie pacers nurtured by bcci at NCA + shardul .... siraj is the one who has the hunger, looks ready and want to excel. 
Thats why his first class, list A and A tours record is better than the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

 

Looked international material to me  --

 

1-day games --

 

Pandey, Iyer, Pant, Shardul, Siraj, Thampi, Axar

 

4-day games -- 

 

Did not watch but  Samarth, Siraj, Nadeem, Rajpoot   performed .....  Saini, Nair, Iyer, Sudeep were decent

 

actually Saini was the best pacer in 4-day games

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

  IMO Siraj has shown a lot of promise, purely based on the expectation to performance ratio.   For an inexperienced rookie, he has come along quite quickly.   

 

Just look at the consistency Siraj  has shown where-ever he has played.  Has picked up wickets in every format and every series.

 

On this A tour ..... 5 wickets in 1  four-day game ..... 5 wickets in 3  one-day-games.

 

10 wickets from 6 IPL matches.

 

42 wickets from 10 Ranji games.

 

He has the pace and consistently  attacks the top of off-stump.    This combination spells big potential for developing into a strike bowler as he can get the outside-edges as well as bowleds / LBWs.

 

 

Bowling averages
  Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
First-class 12 23 2223 1075 49 5/52 9/116 21.93 2.90 45.3 4 1 0
List A 11 11 536 439 18 3/24 3/24 24.38 4.91 29.7 0 0 0
T20s Insights on t20 16 16 372 487 26 4/24 4/24 18.73 7.85 14.3 2 0 0

 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/940973.html

 

 

IPL

Bowling Mat Balls Runs WKTS BBM Ave Econ SR 4W 5W
Career 6 138 212 10 4/32 21.20 9.21 13.80 1 0
2017 6 138 212 10 4/32 21.20 9.21 13.80 1 0

 

 

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SUMO said:

among all the 7 rookie pacers nurtured by bcci at NCA + shardul .... siraj is the one who has the hunger, looks ready and want to excel. 
Thats why his first class, list A and A tours record is better than the rest.

Could also be due to the fact that he hasn't played more than a season or 2 has he?  

Share this post


Link to post

So not single guy from recent India A tour to SA in current Test squad

 

And in current Test squad no-one has played in SA or Australia for over two years

 

I see Pant, Samson and Ishan Kishen were on this A tour, but BCCI select Pappu :hysterical: 

 

some decent perofrmances by the quicks on the A tour, but BCCI and Kohli opt for Ishant Sharma :hysterical: 

 

plenty runs scored by next in line batsmen (with SA conditions under their belt) but BCCI and Kohli go ahead with Rohit Sharma :hysterical: 

 

I see Makram playing in that tour look where he is now!

 

And that’s why India will Never dominate cricket, despite doing a lot of good work in background (U19, Emerging players tournament, A tours) when it comes to the final decision for the first team...there is no rational or logical approach :wall: 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, chewy said:

So not single guy from recent India A tour to SA in current Test squad

 

And in current Test squad no-one has played in SA or Australia for over two years

 

I see Pant, Samson and Ishan Kishen were on this A tour, but BCCI select Pappu :hysterical: 

 

some decent perofrmances by the quicks on the A tour, but BCCI and Kohli opt for Ishant Sharma :hysterical: 

 

plenty runs scored by next in line batsmen (with SA conditions under their belt) but BCCI and Kohli go ahead with Rohit Sharma :hysterical: 

 

I see Makram playing in that tour look where he is now!

 

And that’s why India will Never dominate cricket, despite doing a lot of good work in background (U19, Emerging players tournament, A tours) when it comes to the final decision for the first team...there is no rational or logical approach :wall: 

If you have a captain who doesn't believe in youngsters and instead opts for so called "Experience" of test discards, this is what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×