Dravid and Zaheer removed .Shastri to pick his own support staff

A day after the COA (Committee of Administrators) conceded that the Cricket Advisory Committee(CAC) had exceeded its brief in picking the support staff for the Indian team, the Indian cricket board sent out a statement on Thursday, confirming that it is indeed the Team India camp that will have a say on the support staff that head coach Ravi Shastri should have moving forward.

The BCCI did not mention the names of Zaheer Khan and Rahul Dravid-appointed consultants on Tuesday-in a press statement sent out on Thursday. Instead, it said: "The recommendation for Ravi Shastri was made on the merit of his presentation and the vision that he projected. After taking the decision on his selection, the CAC consulted him and decided on having batting and bowling consultants on overseas tour-to-tour basis, as per the requirement of the team."
coach).

TOI has learned that BCCI's statement was sent out after ex-CAG Vinod Rai-the CoA head-asked BCCI secretary Amitabh Choudhary to do the needful, clearly setting aside the CAC's recommendations on Zaheer and Dravid.

The CoA had categorically said on Wednesday that the CAC-comprising Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and V V S Laxman-had gone beyond their remit in appointing Khan as bowling consultant with the Indian team while giving junior national coach Dravid the additional charge of becoming the overseas batting consultant.

http://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/big-3-rebuffed-shastri-gets-to-choose-his-support-staff/articleshow/59587513.cms?utm_source=toiandroidapp&utm_medium=others&utm_campaign=show

A lot of words have been exchanged in his entire drama - last year and this time again - between you and certain members of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC). Will you be looking to forget all this and move forward with a positive mindset?

Let me put it this way: I'm a firm believer in destiny. I have always believed what goes around comes around. That aside, let's just concentrate on what's ahead and not what's left behind.

Your views on Zaheer Khan and Rahul Dravid as consultants?

BCCI can certainly bring in guys like Zaheer and Dravid as consultants from time to time. Their experience is invaluable. But as far as a full-time support is concerned, I will need to decide on the team because it is me who will be working with them over the next two years.

Pretty vengeful sort of guy. He applied last time and still hurt with Ganguly for giving it to Kumble. For him Kumble and Zaheer are mere guys. What an insult to work with this idiot and superstar captain.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95796/road-ahead-is-challenging-but-exciting-india-cricket-head-coach-ravi-shastri

18 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

According to their letter to CoA they did.

An espncricinfo article is saying that CoA is suggesting otherwise while CAC is saying that they did.

" After a CoA member reportedly suggested the CAC had exceeded its brief in appointing Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan as consultants to support Shastri, the CAC hit back in an email in which it clarified its role in the process. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1110959.html

So, there seems to be some confusion on this issue.

Edited by express bowling
An espncricinfo article is saying that CoA is suggesting otherwise while CAC is saying that they did.

" After a CoA member reportedly suggested the CAC had exceeded its brief in appointing Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan as consultants to support Shastri, the CAC hit back in an email in which it clarified its role in the process. "

So, there seems to be some confusion on this issue.

The CAC has asked Rai to clarify or they will do it.

9 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

If shahstri is made coach, he has full right to choose his support staff. What was the point of selecting Dravid and Zaheer behalf of him?

Whole thing is a circus. I am just afraid that Shahstri will be a B**** to KOhli given it is the master who got him the job and little bit value that he never had before. 

According to Ganguly letter to COA, support staff was appointed in consultation with Ravi Shastri who readily agreed.