Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tweaker

2nd Test: England v South Africa at Nottingham, Jul 14-18, 2017

53 posts in this topic

ID: 9   Posted

49 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Does anyone know what percentage of Anderson's wickets have come in the SC? The English think he's an ATG... but even i know a big percentage of his wickets have come in England alone.

12.5% of his wickets have come in Asia where he has played 12.1% of his games.

63.7% of his wickets have come in England where he has played 57.3% of his games.

Not sure batting first here was the best choice by South Africa.

hmm just shows you need a strong tail in world test cricket....

handy 50 from Philander. Sa need to get to 400 to be competitive.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

hmm just shows you need a strong tail in world test cricket....

handy 50 from Philander. Sa need to get to 400 to be competitive.

Absolutely. Remember the 2011 Trent Bridge test after we got our asses beat in the first test. We were looking good to bowl out England for 170 odd before broad made a 50 and then we were bowled out for 230 I think whereas England made 260-270. That made a huge difference. That was the Broad hattrick and that Bell fiasco I believe.

2 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Absolutely. Remember the 2011 Trent Bridge test after we got our asses beat in the first test. We were looking good to bowl out England for 170 odd before broad made a 50 and then we were bowled out for 230 I think whereas England made 260-270. That made a huge difference. That was the Broad hattrick and that Bell fiasco I believe.

I was there in trent bridge on the Bell fiasco day... never been more depressed after a day of cricket... we were royally spanked that Test match by Bresnan and Broad batting... shameful.

SA close at 75/1 with both Elgar and Amla set and a 205 run lead. They will only need 195 runs to reach 400 tomorrow, which should be insurmountable for England. 

England need to recruit better South Africans ... Jennings, Ballance not quite the same standard as the likes of KP :giggle:

superb comeback by sa and especially du plesis,there are many overhyped captains around like kohli,williamson,smith etc but faf is the best 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0