Losing any IPL game is more painful than India team losing !!!

velu

I would rather watch IPL any day over T20Is involving any country bar the Wt20

I would take IPL over bilateral Odis against Srilanka,Zim,WI and even Nzl and Bangladesh(playing at home) even though Nzl and Bang are pretty good in their own den.

Having said that these days even Aus and SA bilateral games seem bland.

Right now only a ODI series against England or Pak(just for the novelty factor) would spark my interest...infact just like it has happened in the past,one pak series of ever everyone gets on board will result in 5-10 back to back series which will soon become bland and boring.

Test cricket- overseas tests over IPL anyday...domestic tests too but soon if India doesn't become an all round test team will lose interest there too as what is the point we will roll over opponents any way.

Right now in terms of interest

Worldcup

overseas tests

world t20

domestic tests

IPL

maybe Asia Cup,CT etc etc

International  T20I games

Bilateral ODIs overseas

Bilateral OdIs at home

22 minutes ago, velu said:

fans should come clean ..

in football its well establoshed fact that club matches given more importance than internationals ( national team needs to compenstae the clubs if the player gets injured in the internationals ) ..

TBF IPL finals are a big deal...almost at super bowl level...Steve Smith seemed more gutted losing the IPL final than getting knocked out in the first round at CT

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

TBF IPL finals are a big deal...almost at super bowl level...Steve Smith seemed more gutted losing the IPL final than getting knocked out in the first round at CT

and i am sure Dhoni was more happy when pune lost than when he won the WC in 2011 :phehe:

kohli laughing like nothing happned with padosi player after our CL loss

maxresdefault.jpg

pune players esp smith looks like he is about to cry  

ipl-match-in-mumbai_902f8dba-3958-11e7-9

11 minutes ago, velu said:

and i am sure Dhoni was more happy when pune lost than when he won the WC in 2011 :phehe:

kohli laughing like nothing happned with padosi player after our CL loss

maxresdefault.jpg

pune players esp smith looks like he is about to cry  

ipl-match-in-mumbai_902f8dba-3958-11e7-9

dont forget dhoni has aged a lot ever since his buddy cricket enthusiast got busted!!!!!!!! whereas in 2011 after defeats after defeats, he was cracking jokes.

14 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

dont forget dhoni has aged a lot ever since his buddy cricket enthusiast got busted!!!!!!!! whereas in 2011 after defeats after defeats, he was cracking jokes.

thats what i meant .. players or fans dont care as they use to be for the internationals ..

but ofcourse there are few uber nationalists for them india losing or winning is same as winning or losing a full scale war :p:

a bit of oversimplification may be..

but it depends 

Aus,Eng,SA - PAK if it happens for novelty initially - ODI will still probably tump IPL games. 

others i can understand they are probably point less.

bilateral t20s are really point less. 

Maniac's list is perfect in terms of interest levels.

24 minutes ago, velu said:

0thats what i meant .. players or fans dont care as they use to be for the internationals ..

but ofcourse there are few uber nationalists for them india losing or winning is same as winning or losing a full scale war :p:

uber nationalists in Indian side - all pakistanis ( grandmom, dranpa, housewife, chaprasi, chaiwala included)in the other side who are bit more hyper than the uber Indian nationalists.

34 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Your team is better in the IPL.

Had India lost to any other team in the CT final, there would have been a shrug and ok it is what it is feel...because we have been there and won it twice and this was not a frickin World Cup.

sure losing to a number 8 team and that too Pakistan has made it a little hurtful and everyone has attributed to that on here but not the end of the world.

Having said that the CT loss feels a little more  bad than SRH losing in semis but hey MI made up for it.

The way Pakistanis clutch on to a c grade PSL with D grade players proves how much they wanted to experience their own feeling of what IPL means but won't happen as PSL is not even played in Pakistan for starters and there are what 2 big cities in Pak and the rest of the villages are only there to make numbers :laugh:

You have to be an Indian to understand the impact of IPL on our current culture but you chose the wrong team in 1947 :giggle:

Enjoy the defunct championships CT win for now

1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

PSL will prove its better than the IPL in years to come. Some players like Kevin Pieterson already compliments the success of the competition. The beauty of this tournament is we don't need Lollywood to make money. Its all about cricket from the get go. Sure there have been some remarkble basketball stops by the boundry in your competition. In ours its been a gurenteed close competition. Some players made from that League are playing well today. Oh and our cheerleaders are well censored so every family can watch. ;)

I drank Indian Tea is that Indian enough? Or how about I watched your movies or drama? I don't think our culture is all that different sir. We still do shaadi the Indian way except walking in circles seven times.

And oh by the way I enjoy our history of producing great fast bowlers. You missed out on our Imran Khans and Wasim Akrams.

Enjoyed the victory. I now wanna win the World Cup for my country.

Wtf is that..so many woods in India and neighbourhood that Hollywood would be wondering if they should rename to just holly..

4 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Your team is better in the IPL.

Is that why they are ranked better than all the Asian teams in all formats? India not raising their game  in crunch situations will certainly bother fans. Don't want our team to go South African way. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

Last 5 ipls I did not watch a single match. For me it is like last week's rotten food. Even though we lost badly in England and Oz, enjoyed those test series the most. From now on I will just wait for ICC tourneys and away tours to Oz, English, NZ and saf. Because we are overpowering at home and will win anyway. Can't wait to see bhuvi, shami, Umesh and pandya in overseas test cricket in the same attack. Loki and monk opening with pujara to follow... 

* IPL. I don't give a ****.

Fully :agree:   @velu 

If India loses everyone is pissed off and no one remembers next day .

Whereas in IPL you lose bragging rights with friends and get reminded all the time .

To differentiate when India loses its more upsetting than IPL.

But loss in IPL is definitely more painful than Indian team.

Edited by BeautifulGame

10 hours ago, Laaloo said:

What would you have liked them to do ? cry ? put up a serious face ? apologizes to all the hindus in world ? 

Young cricketers need to take  training on cricket etiquettes where they should be taught how to act after loss with cameras around. 

Edited by jf1gp_1

To each their own.  

Being an Indian cricket fan rather than just a cricket fan, I hate the presence of most non-Indian players in the IPL. I could never celebrate the success of Gayle, Smith and Stokes over the likes of even fringe guys like Bipul Sharma, Rahul Tripathi and Nitish Rana.