FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

I love SRT..........he is my idol..............however in his illustrious career it IS a weak spot that he has rarely contributed in tests in the 2nd innings when it really mattered for India....in that case I put VVS and Dravid higher so is Ponting.....however this is not a criticism it is a matter of fact. However, in this test, becuause of his 71 we took a substantial lead in the first innings and how much did we win by.........72......so depends on how you look at it. However, since he is my GOD, I will always have unusual expectations of him.

What's the back story behind this? Did people want Tendulkar dropped before this series??
Before the England series and Pakistan series for poster boy, Yuseless because of his T20 exploits and then things like "even though Tendulkar did okay against Pakistan, but will be ruthlessly exposed in Australia coming back with an average of 35" were regularly dished around. Maybe one of these days I'll bump up some of those threads.:finger:
I love SRT..........he is my idol..............however in his illustrious career it IS a weak spot that he has rarely contributed in tests in the 2nd innings when it really mattered for India...
He has done so on numerous occasions dr. Some examples are his 85 at Mumbai against the WI battery, 92 at Notts '02, 155* v OZ Chennai 1998, 176 v WI Calcutta 2002, 55 v OZ Mumbai 2004 etc. Some examples of real gems that were wasted because of others are 122 at Edgbaston, 113 at Wellington etc With SRT public memory is very short. Anyway, there's no point in repeating all this. To sum up, for all intrinsic purposes, Tendulkar did nothing in this game because he didn't make a 50 in the 2nd innings. Since even toddlers can score a 50 at Perth in the 1st innings from 50 odd for 2, those runs are not to be counted.
Before the England series and Pakistan series for poster boy' date=' Yuseless because of his T20 exploits and then things like "even though Tendulkar did okay against Pakistan, but will be ruthlessly exposed in Australia coming back with an average of 35" were regularly dished around. Maybe one of these days I'll bump up some of those threads.:finger:[/quote'] Aha, no sh*t? That's awesome. Name and shame them. I'm putting some bets down on the SA/WI ODI right now, and I want to ask them their opinions on it so I can go ahead and bet on the exact opposite.