So much for Amla the walker

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I think that is in the mind of the beholder. Amla is simply following his religion and playing a game of cricket instead of playing for humanity. If you wanna see him as a normal person than treat him like one. In the end just like anybody he is there to win not play for humanity. Thats nitpicking a little too much.

He is the one wearing his religion on the sleeve. No one told him to do so. Now that he has made it clear that he will not endorse beer or any alchol etc. he makes a statement that those are wrong things. So he can make all these statements but if he cheats and is called out for that he shows that he is no better than others. So he is the last person to pontificate.

37 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

in this day and age of drs, why the heck would you walk? It's all part of a strategy, waste the opposition's drs chances. 

Exactly. Walking/non-walking was controversial pre-DRS, but not anymore. If opposition is awake, they have to review. If they don't have reviews then they pay for wrong decisions.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Exactly. Walking/non-walking was controversial pre-DRS, but not anymore. If opposition is awake, they have to review. If they don't have reviews then they pay for wrong decisions.

2 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

in this day and age of drs, why the heck would you walk? It's all part of a strategy, waste the opposition's drs chances. 

DRS wasn't brought to table as a change in the way cricket is played but to improve quality of cricket by reducing howlers. To use it as a strategy is a logical thing to do but in this context of the discussion on being a walker or not it doesn't add anything. This is a moral field and one might even question use of DRS as a strategy rather than genuinely using it for its purpose only. Here, clearly amla must have known he nicked and wanting to waste opposition's drs is still not right thing to do in this context. 

Edited by Pollack

if you read the English dailies, everyone is criticising root over the inefficient way of using Drs reviews. because he chose not to review amla since already a review against Elgar failed. amla made 60+ runs from that point of time. so amla's strategy worked by not walking

a. he hit more runs and gave better platform for the team

b. more pressure on the opp captain over the usage of Drs reviews

I completely support amla here.

13 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Once again no where in the rules it is said a batsmen needs to walk. Its a personal choice for player and most of all a umpire's call. So you cannot say its cheating. 

All that is correct but one individual advertises his beliefs. He is impressing others with his pious righteous ways of living. Then he does not walk. Makes him a perfect hypocrite and everything that is wrong with his belief system.

Doing the right thing and doing the legal things are two different things.

6 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Either way he ruining humanity cause South Africa is part of Humanity. Yup what a hypocrite lets punch him!

Hypocrite yes. Why should anyone punch him? That is so wrong. Agreed with you on the hypocrite part.

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

He is a class batsmen. Fine gentleman. Capable of taking care of your kids when you are away with his pleasing batting on display. Amla is the type of player any country would wanna have cause he defines class.

Nice answer but let us not forget the main reason why you support him.

8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I am not religious so nice try.

We all know why majority of our brothers across the border support him. The answer is the same reason why they support Moeen. I like your answer though.

Edited by Khota
2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Moeen Ali is one of us. I guess this may seem weird but I like these two cause Muhammad Yousif with his long beard looked pleasing to me. So it could be I try to find Muhamad Yousif in these two since his easy eye catching batting was nice to see.

Now all you have to do is an attempt to blow yourself up and the stereotype would be completed :nice:

3 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Moeen Ali is one of us. I guess this may seem weird but I like these two cause Muhammad Yousif with his long beard looked pleasing to me. So it could be I try to find Muhamad Yousif in these two since his easy eye catching batting was nice to see.

You may like them for beard but majority of Pakistanis like them for religious reasons. At least that is the impression I get.

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I see you like to enforce terriost acts. :thinking:

Even if they do they are no different than anybody else who uses there personal beliefs to judge a person. 

lol whatever dude...you seem to be "trying" too hard to be that "smart troll" anyways carry on,I'm done :laugh: 

8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I see you like to enforce terriost acts. :thinking:

Even if they do they are no different than anybody else who uses there personal beliefs to judge a person. 

True they are no different then others. Giving a demi-god status to Amla was over the top.At the end of the day he is just another cricketer.As Seinfeld says, not that there is anything wrong with that.