Karnataka appoints panel to design ‘state flag’, look into legal sanctity

BeautifulGame

Ind is turning in to an angry and frustrated nation. It has to learn to direct these feelings towards China and Pak 

Have battles on the borders. Send all those who: a. dont want to utter bharat ki jai, b. want to commit suicide because of job loss, c. have problems with union govt languages, d. are commies and libtards, e. Etc., to the borders 

A good way to reduce population and get rid of some of the non sense, ::deadhorse:

Edited by zen

21 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Would it be nice if govt of India stops taking in southies in union govt jobs because not knowing hindi means they cannot serve outside the southern states?A person knowing hindi can serve in most states even Telengana and hyderabad because of the use of dakkhani hindi.Will that be good ?Why should a mallu bank manager be there in kolkata?Why should i talk to him in english?He cant speak hindi or bengali.Fire his ass.

Do you even read what you type. On one hand, you don't want to Mallus to migrate to Kolkata because he can't talk in Bengali, but a Baniya can come down to Bangalore and thrive and not get his ass fired for not knowing Kannada.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

There is no official flag of Karanataka.Its only a symbolic flag.Only J and K has a official state flag.

Is Karnataka a separate country like Singapore or UAE?This third grade feeling that somehow you guys are separate and special from the rest of the country needs to be dealt with.

Do you understand why sign boards are put?To help people.While Kannadigas can understand kannada and all southern states can understand english north indians dont and millions of north indians live or visit karnataka.Hence usage of hindi on the sign boards.It doesnt replace kannada or english its just an addition to help people.

Would it be nice if govt of India stops taking in southies in union govt jobs because not knowing hindi means they cannot serve outside the southern states?A person knowing hindi can serve in most states even Telengana and hyderabad because of the use of dakkhani hindi.Will that be good ?Why should a mallu bank manager be there in kolkata?Why should i talk to him in english?He cant speak hindi or bengali.Fire his ass.

Not saying Karnataka is separate from the India..I am just saying putting up Hindi signs in Karnataka is as same as putting up Hindi signs in Singapore/UAE.

This northies-southies issue which has been created by you northies has to be dealt with first. 

If a northie can survive with Hindi in the south then so can a south Indian survive in the north with English. 

It's not like all south Indians can speak english. There are millions who can only speak kannada. Why should we bear with a Hindi speaking government officer? Fire his ass too..

1. You northies need to learn that India belongs as much as to you guys as it does to any south Indian or Northeast Indian. Let go of your arrogance.

2. Hindi is equal to any of the other 17(or is it 22) other official Language. Just because the centre uses Hindi doesn't make it any greater.

3. Why are you mixing nationalism with learning Hindi. Both have nothing to do with each other .

16 minutes ago, rageaddict said:
16 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Tum cheez Kya ho,  tumhari toh ghar main ghus ke lenge. 

Too much violence and agitations would only mean investment flowing to other cities. Then we will see. 

Lol@ comparison to Punjabi. Kya logic hai Waah. 

THis is getting funny.

Mere ghar kaise pahunchoge, Hindi ka signboards sab nikaal diye hum. Bhatakte phiroge gidad ki tarah!

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Massively disappointed with my kannadiga friends here.If each state starts behaving like a sovereign country how long will India last?I thought the idea of India was strong within Karnataka Telengana Andhra while not so strong in Kerala and TN.Seems i was wrong.

@lannister@coffee_rules

The idea of India was and is strong in all south Indian states . The language issue cannot be equated with this .

The anti-hindi wave in Bangalore , is completely the recent NI migrants fault . if these guys could be sensitive towards a section of locals who also migrate from remote parts of the state and may not know Hindi , this could have been avoided .

North Indians walking out of a Rahman concert cos of him singing some Tamil songs , pretty much explains the mindset . its the south Indians who should be disappointed tbh .

15 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

There are Hindi Signboards in Punjab,  Maharashtra,  Gujarat  Bengal , Orissa even in J @ K. 

Will follow in Southern States too. 

You,  your culture and your state are nothing special. 

Tum cheez Kya ho,  tumhari toh ghar main ghus ke lenge. 

Too much violence and agitations would only mean investment flowing to other cities. Then we will see. 

Lol@ comparison to Punjabi. Kya logic hai Waah. 

lol Marathis have as much an issue with Hindi imposition as any south Indian state . infact Marathis started resisting it much before Kannadigas did . 

The reason is exactly same , your insensitive bunch who cannot respect others language or culture . 

1 minute ago, surajmal said:

Why is it hard for southies to understand that English can't be the link language of India? 

What? English is the link language of the world.

It is currently the most important language weather you like to believe so or not.

You northies need to change your attitude. Hindi is in no way any higher in significance than kannada. 

A lot of IT companies have incentives to employees learning Kannada. We do have a Kannada sangha which teaches Kannada to North Indians and they are all learning happily. All those NIs who migrate to Bangalore are very happy and would rater live here than in Noida/Gurgaon/Ghasitabad. It's just that they cannot demand the same status as they had in their home and expect everybody to learn their language. If a SBI Bank officer doesn't know kannada, it's his problem, he will a tough time dealing with customers. He better learn or move back to Kanpur or Lucknow.

3 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

What? English is the link language of the world.

It is currently the most important language weather you like to believe so or not.

You northies need to change your attitude. Hindi is in no way any higher in significance than kannada. 

So? By your logic, forget the national borders then. Globalized world and all. Anglo Saxons rule it. Jump in with both feet. Why do you even care about kannada? English is the medium of digital age... Jump in. 

20 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind is turning in to an angry and frustrated nation. It has to learn to direct these feelings towards China and Pak 

Have battles on the borders. Send all those who: a. dont want to utter bharat ki jai, b. want to commit suicide because of job loss, c. have problems with union govt languages, d. are commies and libtards, e. Etc., to the borders 

A good way to reduce population and get rid of some of the non sense, ::deadhorse:

Why don't you lead the way. I would love to see you uttering Bharat mata ki jai at the borders. 

13 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

lol Marathis have as much an issue with Hindi imposition as any south Indian state . infact Marathis started resisting it much before Kannadigas did . 

The reason is exactly same , your insensitive bunch who cannot respect others language or culture . 

Mumbai is very cosmopolitan City where every man and his dog knows Hindi. Don't know in what kind of stupid city is the Hindi still  a problem. Maybe Bangalore is still in developing phase and was a nobody 20 years back. 

Don't even compare the two states/cities. There is no need to learn Marathi in Mumbai,  the locals are not insecure to expect migrants to learn their language. 

Edited by rageaddict

19 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Why is it hard for southies to understand that English can't be the link language of India? 

That's why I say, you learn my language, I will learn yours and we can both speak. Why should I be the one learning your language alone and accept your zamindari attitude. So, the choice for us is to accept eith colonial masters or hindi fat zamindars! If you show that attitude to your fellow Indians, I would rather choose colonial masters (as you put it) and learn English.

Just now, Lannister said:

We are doing that. It has to be English. We don't like to impose our language on free people like you guys are doing. 

It won't be English. I can guarantee you that. So if the Southerners decide to the sit out the process when link language debate begins in earnest, they will have to abide by what Rest of the country decides.