Karnataka appoints panel to design ‘state flag’, look into legal sanctity

BeautifulGame

Banks are not kannadiga owned.They are either private entities or owned by the central govt so a customer can demand whatever they feel is comfortable.

What are you blabbering about being magnanimous?Your IT industry runs on the back of non southerners.That will collapse if that industry moves to other states that are more welcoming.

How many in India speak english and how many speak hindi?My bank manager is a mallu and doesnt speak hindi or bengali should i ask him to be fired?I and most bank customers make adjustments with him because he is a fellow Indian.

The southern states are well versed in basic english northern and eastern states are not.So while you guys can come and read english signs in the north many northeners cannot read those english signs when they visit south.What is wrong in putting hindi in there?Are they removing kannadiga?NO.

I dont understand if some of you southerners consider Indian to be an identity or not.

The flag has been around for decades - this is just to give the flag official status. There is no reason why any state or city cannot have its own flag. Attempts to discredit or disallow this are mainly coming from Sanghis, which is ironic because they have their own flag and anthem as well. 

Also, there is absolutely no reason why Hindi should be imposed on states that don't want it. This entire Hindu, Hindi, Hindustan garbage originates from Sanghis again, who have absolutely no clue about the idea of India. Their philosophy emanates from an organization which adored Nazis and sided with the British. Hindi is another tool used by them to cannibalize local cultures and languages to align with their monolithic idea of India and equate it as a measure of patriotism.

Moreover, the arrogance of Hindi speaking North Indians is astounding. There have been instances in Bangalore where housing societies with North India techies have asked for security guards to be changed because they don't speak Hindi. They insist on hiring household helps who speak Hindi instead of making efforts to learn the local language. One doesn't even need to know much to communicate with household helps. They complain to Uber and Ola because their driver isn't able to speak Hindi. 

Hindi isn't just another language. It's a tool used by North India to assert their political dominance. That is the reason a large number of South Indians want to have nothing to do with it and prefer English as the bridge language because it's far more useful than Hindi and raises the communication level to one of equality from condescending. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, when we move to states where we have to manage with Hindi, we will learn or not impose that they learn my language Kannada. Same thing, if we keep accommodating for visitors and keep using Hindi, they (the visitors) will never learn kannada. They have started demanding usage of Hindi in banks, state government officies and also their support staff would now need to learn Hindi so they can get jobs in Karnataka, 

No more of this nonsense. Let outsiders adapt to our kulcha and language, and we will not be so magnanimous and help them settle down in Karnataka by learning their language.

Nobody is going to learn your insignificant regional language but I bet you do learn a lot of Hindi through Bollywood Movies and Songs , that's the soft power. 

48 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Massively disappointed with my kannadiga friends here.If each state starts behaving like a sovereign country how long will India last?I thought the idea of India was strong within Karnataka Telengana Andhra while not so strong in Kerala and TN.Seems i was wrong.

@lannister@coffee_rules

What's wrong with States having separate flags? Each state is associated with a different culture and language. At least this makes more sense than imposing Hindi on people who have no desire to learn it. 

4 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Nobody is going to learn your insignificant regional language but I bet you do learn a lot of Hindi through Bollywood Movies and Songs , that's the soft power. 

They don't speak much Hindi in Bollywood movies these days.

@lannister

Who asked anyone to learn hindi?Millions of hindi speakers visit southern states so if a sign board includes Hindi in addition to English and local language how is it asking locals to learn hindi?

India has only one official flag.The tricolor.Should each state have separate flag anthem constitution?How and where will you place the state flag in respect to national flag?This is how you sow seeds of separatism.

Bet people like Lannister watch Bollywood movies  and Hindi Songs on YT all day,  and then cry about Hindi Imposition on online forums. 

Atleast remove the language from all facets of your life before complaining about it's imposition. The Entertainment industry of which there are a lot of Southie fans has spread and so called " imposed " the language in a softer way than these token signboards ever can. 

Edited by rageaddict

3 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

This is only the beginning. I can see, in 5 to 6 years, the complete disbandment of Hindi from our State's education system. I wish you guys keep on behaving like this so that we speed up the process. 

10 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

What imposition of Hindi?

What is wrong if a sign board has English Hindi and Kannada on it?

No it's not okay.

Will you accept kannada given the same status as Bengali in WB? 

Hindi isn't a national language. It's an official Language along with 17 others. 

11 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

Bet people like Lannister watch Bollywood movies  and Hindi Songs on YT all day,  and then cry about Hindi Imposition on online forums. 

Imposition. That is the word. 

No body is imposing on him to listen to Hindi songs. He is doing it on his own will.

What is happening here is imposition of Hindi..which isn't right. 

37 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

@lannister

Who asked anyone to learn hindi?Millions of hindi speakers visit southern states so if a sign board includes Hindi in addition to English and local language how is it asking locals to learn hindi?

India has only one official flag.The tricolor.Should each state have separate flag anthem constitution?How and where will you place the state flag in respect to national flag?This is how you sow seeds of separatism.

For the umpteenth time, Hindi is not our national language. There are more Tamilians living in Bangalore compared to others. Do you see them complaining. For us, you and your language are no different from them.

Edited by Lannister