McGrath lavishes praise on Basil Thampi

2 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

so when Micheal holding cried for the criminal act that Mohammad amir committed then it is because his friend's bookie is getting caught?

how come when outsiders feel for Pakistanis it is genuine and if outsiders feel for Indians then there are personal interests at play?

don't try to evade saying that it was just a joke...

Micheal Holding cried cause Amir had special talent. Him doing a criminal act robbed cricket from seeing a special bowler. Also are you really comparing some dude crying with a dude whose just giving a statement about a bowler in domestic? Something about this statement just doesn't add up.

Well to answer your other question. Its obvious who is the most richest board in world cricket. That alone should answer that one.

38 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Micheal Holding cried cause Amir had special talent. Him doing a criminal act robbed cricket from seeing a special bowler. Also are you really comparing some dude crying with a dude whose just giving a statement about a bowler in domestic? Something about this statement just doesn't add up.

Well to answer your other question. Its obvious who is the most richest board in world cricket. That alone should answer that one.

now I will tell you how convoluted this logic is...

1) BCCI only cares a bit for the superstars doesn't give a rat's arse about other national level players forget about players who are yet to make debut. This is more than clear in the entire Anderson-jadeja issue when the BCCI was just happy to back down. Iam sure England, Oz boards wouldn't take such crass behaviour lightly. anyway BCCI doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks about Basil Thampi

2) What makes you think that because McGrath praised some random 1st class level player, he will be appointed as a coach to an IPL team? Do you even know that the management of the IPL teams is not done by the BCCI - the richest board, but by the Franchise management. But heck no acc to you, this should give him an IPL contract?

3) So if anyone has something kind to say to a rich board's player then he has vested interests in mind, whereas anyone who cries over a pariah team like Pakistan, whose country no one wants to visit then they are being genuine? ever heard of envy brother?

stop posting rubbish. change your habits.  control that instinct to call out anyone mildly praising an Indian player as someone who has an agenda to become the coach of a random IPL team... good luck.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
19 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Indian Board is the richest. However, being the richest board doesnt equate to being the dumbest board. Just because someone does ass licking, BCCI wouldnt give them a position. Never did, never will!

Glen Mcgrath is way bigger than atleast 97% of the bowlers of the recent past and present. He needn't lick ass. If you think he would, you are mistaken.

27 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

now I will tell you how convoluted this logic is...

1) BCCI only cares a bit for the superstars doesn't give a rat's arse about other national level players forget about players who are yet to make debut. This is more than clear in the entire Anderson-jadeja issue when the BCCI was just happy to back down. Iam sure England, Oz boards wouldn't take such crass behaviour lightly. anyway BCCI doesn't give a **** about what anyone thinks about Basil Thampi

2) What makes you think that because McGrath praised some random 1st class level player, he will be appointed as a coach to an IPL team? Do you even know that the management of the IPL teams is not done by the BCCI - the richest board, but by the Franchise management. But heck no acc to you, this should give him an IPL contract?

3) So if anyone has something kind to say to a rich board's player then he has vested interests in mind, whereas anyone who cries over a pariah team like Pakistan, whose country no one wants to visit then they are being genuine? ever heard of envy brother?

stop posting rubbish. change your habits. I know you lot have hatred for India running in your veins, but control that instinct to call out anyone mildly praising an Indian player as someone who has an agenda to become the coach of a random IPL team... good luck.

Looks like you were expecting this type of answer from me, than made a post to fight this thinking that nearly every Pakistani wrote. PCB you owe me for this. :phew:

1) Oh really can you explain what happen to Harsha Bhogle? Yeah I know he got booted because he talked negative about the international stars. But why did he get kicked out of IPL as well? Hmmm..?

2) Oh please don't act like BCCI has no power in the IPL. Infact its behind the whole thing. Its due to its backing the Indian players are allowed to play. I know all about these franchises cause PSL follows the same trend. You don't need to act like I don't know it. What ever's said on the com box is pretty much sensored. Any commentar who talks bad about Indian cricket can get booted out. And who has the power to do it? The BCCI!

3) Everyone thinks about money. Specially when it comes to making media statements like these. You make statements that go in the interest of another country the more oppertunties you get to earn money. If Bill Gates told his workers to praise Microsoft they will praise it. Why? Because he has money. Money talks more than love does. Thats reality my friend.

Let me rip your statement in pieces with this. I wouldn't be here if I hated your country. Because why should I talk about something I hate?

Edited by Shaz1
32 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Indian Board is the richest. However, being the richest board doesnt equate to being the dumbest board. Just because someone does ass licking, BCCI wouldnt give them a position. Never did, never will!

Glen Mcgrath is way bigger than atleast 97% of the bowlers of the recent past and present. He needn't lick ass. If you think he would, you are mistaken.

Lmao Never did never will? Bhogle got kicked out cause he was not ass licking. 

Glen is not a subcontental bowler who gets praises every hour by fans. He needs places like India and Pakistan to continue making more money from the past fame he earned. Its only logical for him to praise the richest board in the world. Wah what a guy Glen Mcgrath is. 

Edited by Shaz1
12 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Glen is not a subcontental bowler who gets praises every hour by fans. He needs places like India and Pakistan to continue making more money from the past fame he earned. Its only logical for him to praise the richest board innthe world. Wah what a guy Glen Mcgrath is.

How would praising an almost unknown and uncapped player help get IPL contracts  ?

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

How would praising an almost unknown and uncapped player help get IPL contracts  ?

He's not a random player he picked out of domestic. He played the IPL.

Edited by Shaz1
35 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

He praises him, IPL franchises get pleased than offer him a bowling mentor role. Walla.

Do you really beleive it is so easy to get mentor's role !!    By praising 1 new IPL player who has actually done well and most past players are praising him also    !    :phehe:

Maybe you should give it a try and praise 3 new IPL players.  Sureshot IPL contract       :phehe:

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Shaz1 said:

Lmao Never did never will? Bhogle got kicked out cause he was not ass licking. 

Glen is not a subcontental bowler who gets praises every hour by fans. He needs places like India and Pakistan to continue making more money from the past fame he earned. Its only logical for him to praise the richest board in the world. Wah what a guy Glen Mcgrath is. 

Harsha Bhogle was a political issue. In any event, it was about punishing, you are talking about offerings.

To be pretty honest, you sound like an insecured, biased prick. Excuse my french, but didnt expect this from you. Then again, we are who we are!

McGrath has a habit of praising anyone under sun as far as Indian bowlers are concerned especially if he happens to have some decent pace.(since sta ndards for praise is low for bowlers here). Had thampi been Australian setup now at exact level of skills he is now McGrath would have called him plain average. Wouldn't take his opinion very highly especially with regards to Indian bowlers. In any case a newcomer who bowls yorkers with pace with fair accuracy will always get praise. Thampi isn't anywhere ready but is getting a lot of hype. Frankly watched his few videos at lower level of cricket and he was smashed everywhere. Guy gets smashed wherever he plays.

A Varun Aron in making with better and consistent yorker skill.

Edited by Pollack
2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Looks like you were expecting this type of answer from me, than made a post to fight this thinking that nearly every Pakistani wrote. PCB you owe me for this. :phew:

1) Oh really can you explain what happen to Harsha Bhogle? Yeah I know he got booted because he talked negative about the international stars. But why did he get kicked out of IPL as well? Hmmm..?

2) Oh please don't act like BCCI has no power in the IPL. Infact its behind the whole thing. Its due to its backing the Indian players are allowed to play. I know all about these franchises cause PSL follows the same trend. You don't need to act like I don't know it. What ever's said on the com box is pretty much sensored. Any commentar who talks bad about Indian cricket can get booted out. And who has the power to do it? The BCCI!

3) Everyone thinks about money. Specially when it comes to making media statements like these. You make statements that go in the interest of another country the more oppertunties you get to earn money. If Bill Gates told his workers to praise Microsoft they will praise it. Why? Because he has money. Money talks more than love does. Thats reality my friend.

Let me rip your statement in pieces with this. I wouldn't be here if I hated your country. Because why should I talk about something I hate?

1) lol don't you know why Harsha Bhogle was kicked out? he was kicked out because he complained that the BCCI officials have locked up a VIP room with 2 exits which is in between the Hindi commentary box and the English one. So he had to use a flight of stairs every half an hour. Not because he did not praise certain players...

2) dude you are confusing a lot of issues... I did not say BCCI hasn't got any power over IPL... go read what I have said to your statement that McGrath is trying to get an IPL post. BCCI controls IPL but not the management of the IPL franchise teams. If you think BCCI will tell Gautam Gambhir and Rohit Sharma that McGrath needs to be picked because he praised Basil Thampi, then all the best to him

3) ok your wish.. McGrath praised Basil Thampi so that he will get a position as a IPL coach come next season, because how else will someone like him get a job... happy?

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

McGrath has a habit of praising anyone under sun as far as Indian bowlers are concerned especially if he happens to have some decent pace.(since sta ndards for praise is low for bowlers here). Had thampi been Australian setup now at exact level of skills he is now McGrath would have called him plain average. Wouldn't take his opinion very highly especially with regards to Indian bowlers. In any case a newcomer who bowls yorkers with pace with fair accuracy will always get praise. Thampi isn't anywhere ready but is getting a lot of hype. Frankly watched his few videos at lower level of cricket and he was smashed everywhere. Guy gets smashed wherever he plays.

A Varun Aron in making with better and consistent yorker skill.

Thampi is still pretty good for Indian fastbowling stocks to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

1) lol don't you know why Harsha Bhogle was kicked out? he was kicked out because he complained that the BCCI officials have locked up a VIP room with 2 exits which is in between the Hindi commentary box and the English one. So he had to use a flight of stairs every half an hour. Not because he did not praise certain players...

2) dude you are confusing a lot of issues... I did not say BCCI hasn't got any power over IPL... go read what I have said to your statement that McGrath is trying to get an IPL post. BCCI controls IPL but not the management of the IPL franchise teams. If you think BCCI will tell Gautam Gambhir and Rohit Sharma that McGrath needs to be picked because he praised Basil Thampi, then all the best to him

3) ok your wish.. McGrath praised Basil Thampi so that he will get a position as a IPL coach come next season, because how else will someone like him get a job... happy?

1) What really? Thats dumb.

2) Yeah I know franchises make decisions on who gets picked. My point was there was no way he was gonna insult the Indian bowlers since he is under BCCI through being director of MRF. I used the combox example as a way to explain how strict can BCCI be for protecting its players. Therefore his comments should not be taken so seriously. As for how he would get picked for IPL contract? Thats simple. He makes a comment praising a IPL player. Franchises take notice and they decide to offer him a bowling mentor role. 

3) He already has one with in India. Why not go for more? Smart guy.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Do you really beleive it is so easy to get mentor's role !!    By praising 1 new IPL player who has actually done well and most past players are praising him also    !    :phehe:

Maybe you should give it a try and praise 3 new IPL players.  Sureshot IPL contract       :phehe:

If I was a famious cricketer I would not hold back on praising Indian IPL players.

5 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Harsha Bhogle was a political issue. In any event, it was about punishing, you are talking about offerings.

To be pretty honest, you sound like an insecured, biased prick. Excuse my french, but didnt expect this from you. Then again, we are who we are!

I see so you got no argument than you go for personal attack. You do not know me so lets leave it as that.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

He is doing Thampi a favor by talking about him actually, Thampi is a rookie pacer and Mcgrath is trying to let everyone know that this guy has good potential and needs to be invested in.

Actually on the flip side this could add more pressure on him as a bowler. Since people now know a great fast bowler praised him. If he fails to live up to expectation this could very well be the reason to. 

6 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

1) What really? Thats dumb.

2) Yeah I know franchises make decisions on who gets picked. My point was there was no way he was gonna insult the Indian bowlers since he is under BCCI through being director of MRF. I used the combox example as a way to explain how strict can BCCI be for protecting its players. Therefore his comments should not be taken so seriously. As for how he would get picked for IPL contract? Thats simple. He makes a comment praising a IPL player. Franchises take notice and they decide to offer him a bowling mentor role. 

3) He already has one with in India. Why not go for more? Smart guy.

Shaz this is one of the differences between a market driven profit focused enterprise like IPL and a nepotistic committee based organization like BCCI. Decisions in IPL usually are based on performance alone. 

Just now, Vilander said:

Shaz this is one of the differences between a market driven profit focused enterprise like IPL and a nepotistic committee based organization like BCCI. Decisions in IPL usually are based on performance alone. 

I don't think IPL is made to create crickters to be honest. In the end of the day all these franchises really care about is getting money. Thats why they need Bollywood stars to run them. Anything to get that eye on there cricket.