Bharat Arun appointed bowling coach, Bangar and Sridhar retained as batting and fielding coach till 2019

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/623355/bharat-aruns-tips-increased-my.html

Bharat Arun's tips increased my consistency: Umesh

"Yes, last season has been one of my best in Test cricket where I showed a lot of consistency. But having shown that level of consistency, I would attribute the success to the efforts I had put in to rectify my mistakes of preceding seasons," Umesh told PTI during an interview.

"The results showed because I worked on my bowling when I was getting in and out of the team. Bharat Arun sir used to work a lot with me when I wasn't part of the playing XI. When I would be in Nagpur, it would be Subroto Banerjee sir (former India seamer) who would work on my technique. I am indebted to both," Umesh, who played 12 out of India's 13 Tests, said.

It was also a season, where Umesh got 17 wickets against Australia -- highest by an Indian pacer in four Test series.

Known for his out-swingers, Umesh last season also showed that he could bring the deliveries back into right handers more consistently.

"Actually, my natural grip on the seam is one where fingers are locked. That's the grip for outswing deliveries (away going for right-hand batsmen).

"Before this season, I worked on open grip with a slight alteration of my wrist position. This grip has two fold benefit - you can get the delivery back in and also at times get it to straighten after pitching," Umesh explained.

None of them remember Kumble, what a grip Kohli has on the team :sad: 

Future looks bright under Arun:

Ishant, a complete bowler

ISHANT is probably one of the most technically sound bowlers in the world today. He’s had his successes and downfalls. But he now has the experience to deal with them. Being a mentor to the other fast bowlers in the team now has gone a long way in the enhanced understanding he has of his own bowling. He knows he’s setting an example for them, and he’s doing that exceedingly well.

It is all a process of evolving. It takes long hours to gain that kind of confidence for a fast bowler. It’s a lot of hard-work. And then there’s the question of translating that confidence into performance.

Ishant’s USP these days are the yards of pace he’s added and the new-found accuracy. He’s very consistent in his line and length. He’s also consistently hitting 140+ these days. He’s become a lot stronger and now he’s got rich experience. That makes him a really potent bowler. All that combined, this is the time for Ishant to collect the loot.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/indias-pace-setters-ishants-experience-umeshs-consistency-bhuvis-swing/

:cantstop:    :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

ISHANT is probably one of the most technically sound bowlers in the world today.

Seam to sahi girta nhin iska 

He’s had his successes and downfalls.

Downfall his zyaada, success to sirf team men jagah undeservingly banane pe hai

But he now has the experience to deal with them. Being a mentor to the other fast bowlers in the team now has gone a long way in the enhanced understanding he has of his own bowling.

The guy who has been struggling with wk taking ability is our mentor :phehe:

He knows he’s setting an example for them, and he’s doing that exceedingly well.

Example how to hold a place after 70 test despite underperforming

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
31 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Future looks bright under Arun:

ISHANT is probably one of the most technically sound bowlers in the world today. He’s had his successes and downfalls. But he now has the experience to deal with them. Being a mentor to the other fast bowlers in the team now has gone a long way in the enhanced understanding he has of his own bowling. He knows he’s setting an example for them, and he’s doing that exceedingly well.

It is all a process of evolving. It takes long hours to gain that kind of confidence for a fast bowler. It’s a lot of hard-work. And then there’s the question of translating that confidence into performance.

Ishant’s USP these days are the yards of pace he’s added and the new-found accuracy. He’s very consistent in his line and length. He’s also consistently hitting 140+ these days. He’s become a lot stronger and now he’s got rich experience. That makes him a really potent bowler. All that combined, this is the time for Ishant to collect the loot.

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/indias-pace-setters-ishants-experience-umeshs-consistency-bhuvis-swing/

:cantstop:    :facepalm:

I liked what Arun said about Bhuvi and Umesh.

He comes across as an analytical and thinking person in this interview and that is a plus.

The part about Ishant could just be an attempt to talk up and give confidence to Ishant. He is the leader of the pack only in terms of height.:phehe:  

I liked these parts where Bharat Arun has spoken a lot of truth and gone against stereotypes propagated by many Indian cricketers like Manju

" FIRSTLY, I do not endorse the concept or theory that Bhuvneshwar’s lost his swing in the quest to add yards to his pace.

If you look at Umesh Yadav. He bowls consistently at 140+ and at times touches 150 kph and he swings the ball. "

" If you have your basics right, you will definitely swing the ball regardless of your speed. I also feel for Bhuvi, the team combination has been such that he has been left out of the XI often after the England tour in 2014  "

" Fast bowling is science. In pursuit of something you don’t have there could be bad habits that creep in without your knowledge. Like how a technically sound batsman can have small bad habits sneak in. Then you realize and say, “Yes this is not done”. You have to go back to the board and start working on the basics. That is exactly what Bhuvi has done. I can confidently say that he has regained his trademark swing. "

" Yes, there was a time when he was not as consistent with his swing. But these are periods that every bowler goes through. We talk about batsmen and how their form can dip on and off. That doesn’t mean that the batsman has lost it or that he won’t make it again. It happens to bowlers as well. So I guess these wrong opinions get formed. But now he’s added to his pace "

" While bowlers sharing information amongst themselves is very important, it’s equally imperative that the batsmen share their views on what’s going right or wrong with the bowlers while facing them during practice. Umesh if anything thrives on this feedback. "

" All you need to work on is to being consistent. That’s where Umesh has improved immensely. You saw him in Sri Lanka and again in Delhi against South Africa. Yes, you need to be fast to be able to make an impact on the international circuit, which he’s blessed with. Plus he reverses the ball better than any Indian bowler and moves the new-ball too. So what is that missing-link? This is where you need to look at the great fast bowlers of yore. Take a Malcolm Marshall. He had the kind of pace I have, he swung the ball at pace like I do. I have all the ingredients. Then you identify that one facet that you could bring in to your already established skill-set. In this case, it’s the consistency. "

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I liked what Arun said about Bhuvi and Umesh.

He comes across as an analytical and thinking person in this interview and that is a plus.

The part about Ishant could just be an attempt to talk up and give confidence to Ishant. He is the leader of the pack only in terms of height.:phehe:  

I liked these parts where Bharat Arun has spoken a lot of truth and gone against stereotypes propagated by many Indian cricketers like Manju

" FIRSTLY, I do not endorse the concept or theory that Bhuvneshwar’s lost his swing in the quest to add yards to his pace.

If you look at Umesh Yadav. He bowls consistently at 140+ and at times touches 150 kph and he swings the ball. "

" If you have your basics right, you will definitely swing the ball regardless of your speed. I also feel for Bhuvi, the team combination has been such that he has been left out of the XI often after the England tour in 2014  "

" Fast bowling is science. In pursuit of something you don’t have there could be bad habits that creep in without your knowledge. Like how a technically sound batsman can have small bad habits sneak in. Then you realize and say, “Yes this is not done”. You have to go back to the board and start working on the basics. That is exactly what Bhuvi has done. I can confidently say that he has regained his trademark swing. "

" Yes, there was a time when he was not as consistent with his swing. But these are periods that every bowler goes through. We talk about batsmen and how their form can dip on and off. That doesn’t mean that the batsman has lost it or that he won’t make it again. It happens to bowlers as well. So I guess these wrong opinions get formed. But now he’s added to his pace "

" While bowlers sharing information amongst themselves is very important, it’s equally imperative that the batsmen share their views on what’s going right or wrong with the bowlers while facing them during practice. Umesh if anything thrives on this feedback. "

" All you need to work on is to being consistent. That’s where Umesh has improved immensely. You saw him in Sri Lanka and again in Delhi against South Africa. Yes, you need to be fast to be able to make an impact on the international circuit, which he’s blessed with. Plus he reverses the ball better than any Indian bowler and moves the new-ball too. So what is that missing-link? This is where you need to look at the great fast bowlers of yore. Take a Malcolm Marshall. He had the kind of pace I have, he swung the ball at pace like I do. I have all the ingredients. Then you identify that one facet that you could bring in to your already established skill-set. In this case, it’s the consistency. "

Really like how he thinks....HE is someone who has worked with these bowlers from very young age so he knows our bowlers basics well which changes over the years .

But its high time there is someone like Zak or any other international bowling coach who shares International exp with when these bowlers face challenges. If Zak cnt commit full time m sure bcci has enough money to hire many .

Arun can be there like bangar as asst, but high time these bowlers are taken to next level. Our batch does even have senior figure like imran, mcgrath, pollock to guide young bowlers 

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Really like how he thinks....HE is someone who has worked with these bowlers from very young age so he knows our bowlers basics well which changes over the years .

But its high time there is someone like Zak or any other international bowling coach who shares International exp with when these bowlers face challenges. If Zak cnt commit full time m sure bcci has enough money to hire many .

Arun can be there like bangar as asst, but high time these bowlers are taken to next level. Our batch does even have senior figure like imran, mcgrath, pollock to guide young bowlers 

I read that Shastri is planning to bring in consultants as and when required and McDermott is one of the planned ones regarding fast-bowling.