Shastri wants Tendulkar as batting consultant

Just gets more and more weird everyday. You want to hire the guy that hired you.

"Ravi put forward the idea of having Sachin on board as a consultant for a very short period. But the committee promptly reminded him about the conflict of interest clause," a member of the committee, who did not wish to be identified as the information is not meant to be public, told PTI"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-sri-lanka/ravi-shastri-wants-sachin-tendulkar-as-consultant-but-conflict-of-interest-rule-applies/articleshow/59663631.cms

If Sachin can make his time available, it would still be a good idea. He will probably say just get into the zone, prepare like crazy and make sure you hit a ton - Jadeja will be wondering how the f do i meet the ball first.

But yeah i scratch your back, you scratch mine..but Sachin does not need the money obviously - it will be for Shastri.

Article says Zaheer also had same issue.(conflict of interest) Then how did they appoint Zaheer as bowling consultant before Shastri overturned it. So there were no issues appointing Zaheer as bowling consultant due conflict of intereat.Interesting, very interesting. :thinking:  

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Article says Zaheer also had same issue.(conflict of interest) Then how did they appoint Zaheer as bowling consultant before Shastri overturned it. So there were no issues appointing Zaheer as bowling consultant due conflict of intereat.Interesting, very interesting. :thinking:  

Ok let us see the sequence of events.

1, Shastri is not interested in the role, Sachin convinces him to apply.

2, Sachin backs him to the hilt and puts his integrity on the line and gets him the coach position.

3, Now Shastri wants to Hire Sachin as Consultant.

This is definition of conflict of interest.

26 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Ailaa :woot:

again your avatar has 'southies' its demeaning to all south Indians and you being a mod there is no way to ignore your posts in this site. If there was an option to ignore, i would have never cared whats on there. But the problem is your avatar statement stands out for its racist overtones. You need to consider sensibilities of the site visitors being a mod, or risk contributing to loosing posters.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

again your avatar has 'southies' its demeaning to all south Indians and you being a mod there is no way to ignore your posts in this site. If there was an option to ignore, i would have never cared whats on there. But the problem is your avatar statement stands out for its racist overtones. You need to consider sensibilities of the site visitors being a mod, or risk contributing to loosing posters.

k.

Sachin Tendulkar is the biggest name among ex Indian cricketers. He does not need to get involved in cricket politics to get what he wants. If he wants to be a batting consultant, he just needs to ask, and he will be batting consultant. Not sure why we are going through all this drama with INdian cricket.

Edited by kosingh
20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Never noticed it but now. @Laaloo this is highly insensitive. Its divisive and racist. Being a moderator, or even otherwise, you must let sense prevail and remove that from your profile!

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

If Sachin can make his time available, it would still be a good idea. He will probably say just get into the zone, prepare like crazy and make sure you hit a ton - Jadeja will be wondering how the f do i meet the ball first.

But yeah i scratch your back, you scratch mine..but Sachin does not need the money obviously - it will be for Shastri.

Not sure if Sachin doesnt need the money. A man who could ask the govt to waive off tax on his luxury car, I dont expect much. He has come out rather poorly in all this fiasco. Always been a selfish self centred man

Disgusted to see people taking digs at the Greatest Batsman Ever. 

Sachin Tendulkar would be doing a huge " Favor/ Ehsaan " on the team by taking out time as a batting consultant. 

He was by far the best Asian  Batsman in overseas conditions be it England,  SA,  Australia or NZ. 

As a team-mate,  Sehwag, Yuvraj,  Kohli and so many other guys have thanked SRT for assistance in batting and his role in helping the youngsters. 

And whatever amount he gets paid for the job is just peanuts for him anyway.